The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ukdragon37
Thanks, although I'm helping Highers right now so it might be tomorrow before I finish AH :smile:

Okay thanks, are you making a full 'worked solutions' thing?
Original post by CalumBlack
Okay thanks, are you making a full 'worked solutions' thing?

Yes. Nearly done Higher now so I might be able to start soon.
Marking realistically I reckon about 70%, which I'm pretty disappointed by. Been scoring A1s in all of the past papers. Maybe I'll have scraped an A, assuming I don't lose any more silly marks.
Yes. Nearly done Higher now so I might be able to start soon.

Actually excited for this haha, state of my life right now, really need this B!
Original post by Quintro
Marking realistically I reckon about 70%, which I'm pretty disappointed by. Been scoring A1s in all of the past papers. Maybe I'll have scraped an A, assuming I don't lose any more silly marks.

I think i've scored 65-69%, hopefully, due to silly mistakes :frown:
Original post by Ellieblah
Actually excited for this haha, state of my life right now, really need this B!

Right Highers done. Now on to AH.
Original post by Danny1994
I think i've scored 65-69%, hopefully, due to silly mistakes :frown:

Tell me about it, I forgot to answer 6 marks worth of questions and made so many dumb mistakes on the questions which are supposed to be the easy ones.

Oh well, it's over now and I only have about a years worth of new maths to learn for the rest of my life. (Which is actually quite terrifying)
Reply 1407
Original post by Quintro
Can anyone remember what they got for the term independent of x?

I got 43008, anyone else get that?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Quintro
Tell me about it, I forgot to answer 6 marks worth of questions and made so many dumb mistakes on the questions which are supposed to be the easy ones.

Oh well, it's over now and I only have about a years worth of new maths to learn for the rest of my life. (Which is actually quite terrifying)

I used the Quotient rule wrong and question 8 :\ I got pi/6 and 0 as the values and i think i got dx = dtheta/4cos(theta) (if that's right) so that would be 2 there :frown: And i know, I'm glad to be honest haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1409
Looking back at the paper, its mostly straight forward stuff, I think easier than previous years. Not to say I didn't mess up though, for example for the general term of the binomial theorem I somehow came to the conclusion that n=4 despite the indice being 9 :lolwut: This resulted in r = 4/3 for the term independent of x :ahee:

My final answer for the integration by parts was about as long as my arm :lolwut:

Duffed up the first bit of the maclaurin power expansion, ended up getting

1 + 4x + 3x^2... how does (1+e^0)^2 = 1???

Distinctly remember my teacher stating this morning that there was no chance in hell that related rates would crop up! Didn't really bother me, I'm not bad at those questions. My answer is somewhat similar to deranged yoshi's, hopefully got 3/5 for that bit at least.

Couldn't get the n=k+1 part of the proof to save myself!

Overall, quite chuffed. Marking harsh looks like I got about 80% hopefully.
Original post by Nicx888
I got 43008, anyone else get that?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Nah, it's -5736 or something like that. I also checked the answer on WolframAlpha to confirm.

Cool :smile: Is it going to take you long?
Original post by pinkpaper94
Cool :smile: Is it going to take you long?

Erm I'm aiming for midnight. I'm checking everything as I go along to reduce the likelihood of mistakes.
Reply 1413
Thanks somuch for marking scheme. I think I've 93% (forgot c @ integration = 1/2m?).
It's good because NASTY CAMBRIDGE CONDITIONS exist.....
Erm I'm aiming for midnight. I'm checking everything as I go along to reduce the likelihood of mistakes.

Take your time :biggrin:
Reply 1415
I'm guessing that I'm the only person on here that thought the paper was really difficult! I attempted nearly all the questions but I thought it was a lot harder than previous years :frown:
Reply 1416
Original post by erinkad
I'm guessing that I'm the only person on here that thought the paper was really difficult! I attempted nearly all the questions but I thought it was a lot harder than previous years :frown:

Oh no. kept thinking "FML" repeatedly.
Original post by erinkad

i found it difficult too so your not the only one :frown: none of my workings seemed to get me anywhere so i just gave up eventually!
Reply 1418
What do we think the grade boundaries this year will be? Last year was:

77 - A1
68 - A
55 - B
43 - C
37 - D

i have a feeling it may be similar, give or take a mark.
Reply 1419

I was about to quickly bash out an answer sheet. Thank goodness for you finishing higher ahead of time:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending