The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Are resit marks capped at 50%? (i'm a PG)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2181
Original post by Lizia
Probably not since mine was an Italian department course, but I find it easy to believe there's more than one course that meets me description! :lol:

I actually think the lecturer is the same - does his first name begins with V by any chance? :tongue:
Reply 2182
I know who you both mean :ninja:
Reply 2183
Original post by Ivanka
I actually think the lecturer is the same - does his first name begins with V by any chance? :tongue:

Maybe... :ninja: It didn't help that we also had one of those annoying students who always want to argue with the lecturer, so everything got confusing.

I remember one lesson where we were studying sentences where using a word with dual meanings provides two completely different but correct sentences. One of his sentences was "the old man the boats", which was meant to be a play on the dual meanings of 'man'. Except if you use it as a noun, the sentence actually doesn't make sense. Longest lesson of my life as the teacher and the class argued about it. One of the italian erasmus students asked me to explain and I just didn't know where to begin :lol:
Well, that's it. Four topsy turvy years, from the highs of being a fresher and getting firsts from harsh markers to the lows of Moonies and French universities losing your results. That was that was that and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Now to partaaaaay!
Reply 2185
Congratulations!
Last exam tomorrow YAAY!

Been a decent first year I suppose :biggrin:
Reply 2187
Congratulations :biggrin:

Had my first exam today and it went pretty well. Have my next one on Tuesday and I've not opened the two required books or re-read my notes, and I'm off to Nice and Monaco for the weekend. I should be revising now, but I can't stop looking at this tumblr: http://thetimeistudiedabroad.tumblr.com/. It's brilliant.
Reply 2188
First year over. Going home tomorrow. Looking forward to the Czech Republic on one hand, going to miss UCL on another one. Hehe.
Reply 2189
Original post by Lizia
Congratulations :biggrin:

Had my first exam today and it went pretty well. Have my next one on Tuesday and I've not opened the two required books or re-read my notes, and I'm off to Nice and Monaco for the weekend. I should be revising now, but I can't stop looking at this tumblr: http://thetimeistudiedabroad.tumblr.com/. It's brilliant.

Nice and Monaco for the weekend. Who says UCL students tend to be on the posh side? :smile:
Reply 2190
Original post by Fires
Nice and Monaco for the weekend. Who says UCL students tend to be on the posh side? :smile:

Not posh, just making the most of cheap Italian trains! :smile:
Reply 2191
Original post by Lizia
Not posh, just making the most of cheap Italian trains! :smile:

Oh right! Sounds lovely anyway, don't mind me, just jealous. :smile:
Original post by destination unknown
Are resit marks capped at 50%? (i'm a PG)

anyone please?
Reply 2193
Hey All,

Just wondering if there is anyone looking to merge with a group of two for accommodation next year?
Reply 2194
Original post by Ivanka
First year over. Going home tomorrow. Looking forward to the Czech Republic on one hand, going to miss UCL on another one. Hehe.

Congrats!!! Are you doing IMESS program?
Reply 2195
Original post by Hovgoro
Congrats!!! Are you doing IMESS program?

No, I'm not...
BOOM. Thanks for my results Avignon! Now try and accuse me of lying, SELCS! That's right; you can't.
Any final year students get their graduation tickets yet? They're supposed to be sent out this month, but I've not got anything, and UCL in the past have not sent me stuff they were supposed to (candidate number cards for exams being one).
Original post by Nichrome
Any final year students get their graduation tickets yet? They're supposed to be sent out this month, but I've not got anything, and UCL in the past have not sent me stuff they were supposed to (candidate number cards for exams being one).

Sorry not final year. But have you checked your addresses on portico? There are two; one term time, one home one? Might be a bit late to change it, but if it's wrong then phone them and enquire?
Reply 2199
Original post by rockrunride
BOOM. Thanks for my results Avignon! Now try and accuse me of lying, SELCS! That's right; you can't.

Novella sent us an email last week reminding us to get a copy of our results for selcs so we dont have to wait for the unis to send them. Avignon was mentioned as a uni that was very efficient in this respect. I LOLed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending