Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Dual National help: financing for college/FE Watch

    • Thread Starter

    So I've decided to quit my job in the USA, and move to London to further my education. I'm an adult learner and have been out of school for a long time. I don't meet the UK residency requirements, so I don't qualify for UK assistance. I made too much money last year so I don't qualify for FAFSA US loans. I don't meet the entry requirements for Uni, so I'm hoping to go to a college for my A levels. Even if I were eligible for FAFSA assistance, the adult learning colleges are not listed. (Lambeth, City Lit, etc)

    It seems that I have to pay for everything in full myself, at an international student rate. Do I have any other options???

    Thank you

    Even if you did have the 3 years residency in the UK you would get no funding towards FE, as there is none.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 22, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.