The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

ANY bath applicants or bath students???

Scroll to see replies

DD lives in halls with international and we also live overseas albeit not as far away as HK and India. Bath students only get accommodation in Halls during first year then you have to move out - most students house-share. As I've said before, you need to look at all different aspects of University life - how far away is the Uni from the town for nights out etc. Although IMO it is definately important reputationally which Uni you do your degree at, the most important thing is that you like where you are studying and feel that you are going to fit in.

You really need to look at the University sites - accommodation, what the campus offers, buses, what other degrees they do there, what the policy is for internationals. Remember a lot of UK students may go home for weekends so you don't want to be somewhere where you will always be on your own. Bath has a large international flavour and they mix internationals and UK students together in halls so there is always someone around. You could also email the Uni housing section and ask.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 21
Original post by Someone's mum
DD lives in halls with international and we also live overseas albeit not as far away as HK and India. Bath students only get accommodation in Halls during first year then you have to move out - most students house-share. As I've said before, you need to look at all different aspects of University life - how far away is the Uni from the town for nights out etc. Although IMO it is definately important reputationally which Uni you do your degree at, the most important thing is that you like where you are studying and feel that you are going to fit in.

You really need to look at the University sites - accommodation, what the campus offers, buses, what other degrees they do there, what the policy is for internationals. Remember a lot of UK students may go home for weekends so you don't want to be somewhere where you will always be on your own. Bath has a large international flavour and they mix internationals and UK students together in halls so there is always someone around. You could also email the Uni housing section and ask.

:biggrin: thankz for the tips!!!
Reply 22
Original post by Nikstar95
Thankz for the advice :smile: ... I guess that almost seals my decision of going to Bath!!

By the way do u know of any management students at Bath??

Thankz again!!

Hi.. I have offer form Bath univ for Msc Innovation and Technology Management course.. And i m probably going to accept that.. Have you confirmed your place.?
Reply 23
Original post by arpitjain
Hi.. I have offer form Bath univ for Msc Innovation and Technology Management course.. And i m probably going to accept that.. Have you confirmed your place.?

Yep!! :smile:

Finished with accommodations as well :smile:
Reply 24
Yep!! :smile:

Finished with accommodations as well :smile:

Congrats..!! Which accommodation did you choose then..?? University provided on campus or in the town..?? I have also accepted the offer and now i have started looking for accommodation.. It would be good if you can tell me which ones are good so that i can narrow my search... :smile:
Reply 25
Congrats..!! Which accommodation did you choose then..?? University provided on campus or in the town..?? I have also accepted the offer and now i have started looking for accommodation.. It would be good if you can tell me which ones are good so that i can narrow my search... :smile:

Thanks... congrats to u too!! :smile:

My accommodation is on campus!! Its Marls/Sols .. but I think its reserved only for undergrads ... not quite sure of accommodation available for postgrads :frown:

Will see if I can find anything and let you know :smile:

BTW wer do u stay??
Reply 26
Thanks... congrats to u too!! :smile:

My accommodation is on campus!! Its Marls/Sols .. but I think its reserved only for undergrads ... not quite sure of accommodation available for postgrads :frown:

Will see if I can find anything and let you know :smile:

BTW wer do u stay??

I asked some of the ex-postgrads students about the accommodation.. Ill probably go for off-campus bcoz of the reviews i got from them.. :smile:
Well I am from INDIA.. I put up in New Delhi.. and i believe you are from INDIA too.. Inbox me your details so that can i catch u up on facebook or give me ur email id.. That would be more convenient way to talk i believe.. :smile:
Reply 27
I asked some of the ex-postgrads students about the accommodation.. Ill probably go for off-campus bcoz of the reviews i got from them.. :smile:
Well I am from INDIA.. I put up in New Delhi.. and i believe you are from INDIA too.. Inbox me your details so that can i catch u up on facebook or give me ur email id.. That would be more convenient way to talk i believe.. :smile:

Ohh!! I'm in mumbai!! :smile:

My name is Nishchay Bhatt .. u can find me on facebook... I'm the guy with the grey shirt
:biggrin:
Reply 28
Ohh!! I'm in mumbai!! :smile:

My name is Nishchay Bhatt .. u can find me on facebook... I'm the guy with the grey shirt
:biggrin:

Ahhh.. There are so many Nishchays.. How shud i get to u..?? lol
BTW are you the one standing with a girl in your profile pic and a super sexy car as your cover photo..?? :wink:
Reply 29
Ahhh.. There are so many Nishchays.. How shud i get to u..?? lol
BTW are you the one standing with a girl in your profile pic and a super sexy car as your cover photo..?? :wink:

:yep: :borat: !!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest