The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen accomodation application help.

Hello, so obviously the applications online are going to be open next week but what i was wondering is, see when you fill out your form online and put your 1st choice etc etc, do you need to pay up front then or do you pay later on ? I dont know whether i would be able to fill the application form out myself or whether I would need my father's bank details ? ...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IIRC you pay once the first lot of loans are in, not when you apply but that's going back nearly 4 years now so I could be wrong. I don't remember the application forms having a space for bank details, again, I could be wrong though.

Oh! And that's for Aberdeen Uni, not RGU.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by kirsti
Hello, so obviously the applications online are going to be open next week but what i was wondering is, see when you fill out your form online and put your 1st choice etc etc, do you need to pay up front then or do you pay later on ? I dont know whether i would be able to fill the application form out myself or whether I would need my father's bank details ? ...

You have to pay a £100 deposit when you confirm the accommodation and sign the contract.
Reply 3
Original post by AnnB
You have to pay a £100 deposit when you confirm the accommodation and sign the contract.

So when do you sign the contract and pay this deposit ?
Original post by kirsti

Is this for RGU or Aberdeen? I thought we got a pack in the post before online applications opened?
Reply 5
Original post by HigginsJiggins
Is this for RGU or Aberdeen? I thought we got a pack in the post before online applications opened?

It's for Aberdeen. Yeah i got mine today, but my dad lives in England and im in Glasgow so we cant sit together and do it so i was just wondering if i needed his bank details to make a deposit because if i do then he'll have to fill the application form out ha
Original post by kirsti
It's for Aberdeen. Yeah i got mine today, but my dad lives in England and im in Glasgow so we cant sit together and do it so i was just wondering if i needed his bank details to make a deposit because if i do then he'll have to fill the application form out ha

Oh right, I havnt got my pack yet :/ Hope I dont end up somewhere dead expensive as a result! When do the applications open, you wont need any money/card details to apply, just when you accept the contact, which will be later.
Reply 7
Oh right, I havnt got my pack yet :/ Hope I dont end up somewhere dead expensive as a result! When do the applications open, you wont need any money/card details to apply, just when you accept the contact, which will be later.

Aw i'm sure it will be on its way out! + applications open Wednesday 9am. Do you know where your wanting to stay ? + aw okay then
Original post by kirsti
Aw i'm sure it will be on its way out! + applications open Wednesday 9am. Do you know where your wanting to stay ? + aw okay then

Came this morning, think I might go for Wavell
Reply 9
Came this morning, think I might go for Wavell

That's my second choice! So there's a chance we could end up in the same place
Reply 10
I've just applied for wavell, fyfe and adam smith this morning! (as they are in a group as my first choice) i think i want to be in wavell.. i'l just see what happens i suppose. what's everyone studying at Aberdeen?
Reply 11
Original post by Zak H
I've just applied for wavell, fyfe and adam smith this morning! (as they are in a group as my first choice) i think i want to be in wavell.. i'l just see what happens i suppose. what's everyone studying at Aberdeen?

Did you just solely put a first choice or did you put 4 more ? + I'm studying Law :biggrin: you ?
Reply 12
I put one choice.. in hindsight i think this was a mistake... haha i'm studying Education :smile: do you think i should phone the accomodation office? :P
Reply 13
Original post by Zak H
I put one choice.. in hindsight i think this was a mistake... haha i'm studying Education :smile: do you think i should phone the accomodation office? :P

Ooooh that was brave! haha, It just means that if you dont get your first choice (which is unlikey as you have both Fyfe and Wavell) then you will just be placed anywhere ha! + i dunno, i guess you could if you wanted
Reply 14
yeah i think that what i have done, is a prime example of stupid... thanks for the help, where have you applied to?
Reply 15
Original post by Zak H
yeah i think that what i have done, is a prime example of stupid... thanks for the help, where have you applied to?

Poor you ha! I put 5 choices and 3 of them i dont want so im stupid aswell. I put 1- South House 2 - Wavell/Adam Smith 3- NCC (Which i cant afford) 4- Hector Boece (Known as the 'ghetto' dont't fancy there) and then South House En-suite which is for the disabled, usually.
Reply 16
All sorted, I phoned the office and they said because of my unconditional offer im more than likely to have got my first choice... sounds good.
Reply 17
Original post by Zak H
All sorted, I phoned the office and they said because of my unconditional offer im more than likely to have got my first choice... sounds good.

Thats made me really happy cause then i'll have my first choice too! BOOOYA. If you go onto the thread "Who's all going to Aberdeen" or its something like that then thats where all the chat is about the halls :smile:
Reply 18
Sweet, do you know when freshers week starts btw? it says term starts on the 18th.. so a week before? :s-smilie: i might post a thread. staying in a place called the ghetto would atleast be an interesting first year haha
Reply 19
Original post by Zak H
Sweet, do you know when freshers week starts btw? it says term starts on the 18th.. so a week before? :s-smilie: i might post a thread. staying in a place called the ghetto would atleast be an interesting first year haha

Move in day is the 15th and the start of studies coincides with freshers week...

Quick Reply