The Student Room Group

Are there any acne cures that really work?

Scroll to see replies

Feel your pain, I've had acne since I was 15/16 - the cystic kind too which is even worse. The only thing that's really worked for me is a combination of omega 3 tablets (I take flaxseed oil ones because I'm a veggie too) and cutting out sugar from my diet. No white bread or pasta, no flavoured yoghurt, no fruit juice, the whole shebang. It sounds extreme but it's made such a difference to my skin.
I've tried antibiotics, but they came with really unpleasant side effects, and benzol peroxide - which does work, but isn't something I fancy using long term.
Reply 61
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Are you sure you were on isotretinoin, because if not you should go on it as it worked wonders for me.

Diet and stress have never been proven to cause acne, but some people say that eating too much refined carbs worsens acne as it rapidly increases blood glucose or some ****.

This stuff is probably true. When I eat a lot of sugary stuff like ice cream and chocolate I get worse acne.
Reply 62
Original post by Chillywilly93
okay we are gonna need to borrow your mum

How ****ing original :congrats:
Original post by NR09
How ****ing original :congrats:

haha you teed me up man i just slammed it home
Reply 64
Original post by Chillywilly93
haha you teed me up man i just slammed it home

Fair enough, I've given you the rep that you deserve :biggrin:
Original post by NR09
Fair enough, I've given you the rep that you deserve :biggrin:

thank you squire you're on my good list!
Original post by danny111
This stuff is probably true. When I eat a lot of sugary stuff like ice cream and chocolate I get worse acne.

Ice cream is probably very bad for acne because it is a diary product, and diary products are full of hormones.

Quick Reply

Latest