The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Exam 23/5

Scroll to see replies

i am guessing it will be taking on the world or passage to africa
Original post by NilFBosh
shud we section b of the anthology for paper 1?

No. Paper 1 is non-fiction. paper 2 is fiction.
Reply 22
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
No. Paper 1 is non-fiction. paper 2 is fiction.

no i mean...for paper 1 should we study all the passages in the anthology or only section A?
no i mean...for paper 1 should we study all the passages in the anthology or only section A?

Only Section A!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 24
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Only Section A!!!!!!!!!!

u 100% sure?
Guys any links to the vids on youtube which explain passages?
u 100% sure?

*facepalm* You are going to sit for an exam you prepared 2 years for and you dont know that paper 1 is only section A? :tongue:
Original post by Quark_Assassin
Guys any links to the vids on youtube which explain passages?

http://www.youtube.com/user/joutred?feature=watch

check here for some
Reply 28
Original post by Relaxedexams
*facepalm* You are going to sit for an exam you prepared 2 years for and you dont know that paper 1 is only section A? :tongue:

i sure as hell dont...u have any idea about how we learn english in our school?? Its &$*#ed as hell!!
i sure as hell dont...u have any idea about how we learn english in our school?? Its &$*#ed as hell!!

Well, your teacher didnt tell you about this? What does she teach you :0

:o:o:o:o:o:o
Reply 31

i need to know why the crash course teacher told us to underline the first of few words of every paragraph in a passage to africa...i've underlined them but i forgot...the common thing is "and then..." but i'm not sure...pls tell me. And what is triple repetition?
i need to know why the crash course teacher told us to underline the first of few words of every paragraph in a passage to africa...i've underlined them but i forgot...the common thing is "and then..." but i'm not sure...pls tell me. And what is triple repetition?

No
She told to underline the words "There is.." which begins 3 consecutive paras. This is the roll of three or triple repetition. Alagiah uses it a lot.
Examples:
No rage, no whimpering, justa passing away
simple, frictionless, motionless deliverance
between me and him, between us and them, between the richworld and the poor world
oops I mean "there was "

Triple repetition is the same idea being repeated thrice:- eg:- In a passage to africa; There was Amina Abdirahman;there was the old woman;there was the face.
Reply 35
Well, your teacher didnt tell you about this? What does she teach you :0

Bullsh!t
Triple repetition is simply repeating a thought, idea or word thrice for reader involvement or to enhance the effect.
Bullsh!t

If she teaches you bullsh1t, then you learn that bullsh1t without asking questions? Just curious.
If she teaches you bullsh1t, then you learn that bullsh1t without asking questions? Just curious.

Is she a teacher anyway, I mean WAS she (probably she must have died or worse sacked)

Anyway, who cares
Reply 39

i shud bullsh!t questions from people like Yoshi's!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending