The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 2 24 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniya12
so far your looking like a high b/low a. it really depends on i the physics paper is hard/easy. generally speaking, marks for an a in the physics would be 26-30?

what you should consider is doing allot of revision for physics so u can get an overall of a high a or possibly a*
Reply 201
[QUOTE="jesse111;37738317"]

The question was how do you turn a solution of something into a solid.

Evaporation/crystalisation is to get crystal like salt, they wanted condensed/cooled

no condensation turns a gas into liquid. evaporating a solution gets rid of the water- turns it into a gas, so it isnt a solution anymore it is a solid! the salt is a solid when the water gets evaporated
Original post by Joeldamole
Yeah like 5 people that I asked in my year got that haha, they usually get 100UMS so i guess thats right :s-smilie:

i got 2.89 :/
Reply 203
Original post by kman123456
Wow, i did 2/28= Ans x 34 = 2.42857.... And i wrote 2.42 as my answer not 2.43... Would i get the full 3 marks?

you might? i think there would a small range of answers in the mark scheme, although, the calculator displayed 2.428 so you would round up not down...
what do people think it will be for an A*?
Reply 205
Original post by saq96
The question about why manufacturers do not increase pressure....

i wrote that it is a compromise between yield and the rate of reaction...if this right?

not because increasing pressure increase both the yield and rate!

compromise is between temperature..
yo had say that its dangerous and quite expensive to maintain
Reply 206
Original post by nancyfitzsimons
what do people think it will be for an A*?

Hopefully 6 marks...
LETS HAVE A MARKSCHEME!!!!:angry::mad:
it was crystillation i think..
Reply 209
[QUOTE="daniya12;37738415"]
Original post by jesse111

no condensation turns a gas into liquid. evaporating a solution gets rid of the water- turns it into a gas, so it isnt a solution anymore it is a solid! the salt is a solid when the water gets evaporated

Answers were FILTRATION and EVAPORATION (for those 2 questions that asked which method to use)
Reply 210
Original post by jesse111

Evaporation/crystalisation is to get crystal like salt, they wanted condensed/cooled

no, condensation is turning a gas into liquid nothing to do with making solids. evaporating a solution gets rid of the water by turning it into a gas, so it isnt a solution anymore,, what is left is a solid! the salt is a solid
Reply 211
[QUOTE="jesse111;37738317"]

But the it was a solution and had the symbol (aq) which shows it's dissolved in water so surely you evaporate??
Original post by Matt0496
No? I'm additional science and I did it

Not THESE exams today, the exams that people are referring to
Reply 213
Original post by alicea12
For the ammonia question I put 2.44 g how many marks would I get?

Depends on your working, it was 3 marks so probably 2 maybe 3 :smile:
Reply 214
pm me your answers + questions ( or number ) and i make a unofficial mark scheme, with your name(s) dedicated
Original post by Sheel1
Hopefully 6 marks...

but really?
Reply 216
[QUOTE="maxtate;37738649"]

Answers were FILTRATION and EVAPORATION (for those 2 questions that asked which method to use)

yes that is what i got!!!
is this the new or old spec that you guys are talking about?
Reply 218
Someone make a list of questions with the question number so we know what question is what and then send we can each send our answers to the person in red font ^^^^
Original post by alicea12
For the ammonia question I put 2.44 g how many marks would I get?

none

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending