The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lohoj
I know, I started screaming!

Thoughts on it?

We need source! :colonhash:

I'm not a big Sense fan, but this is a very good start. :smile:
Original post by G8D
So... it's actually OK so far. Save the disclosed bugs and a few display issues from time to time it's nice. Obviously on this old hardware it's not perfect but also not terrible.

Installing all my apps now so we'll see how much that affects performance.

For some reason CM9 has this horrific "epic" boot sound so I've had to delete that manually.

Gonna try out Chrome for the first time soon, see what the hype's about.

Good to hear that you like it. I recommend Apex Launcher if CM9 doesn't already have it. It's incredibly customisable.
Original post by G8D
Ran into a problem... the browser loads pages but they are totally white/blank and since most browsers plug into the default API there's no getting round it :/

Opera should work IIRC.
Google's employed most the core WebOS team.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/24/3042441/hp-enyo-google

Not sure how many of you have used WebOS, I have a touchpad which shipped with it, the interface is nice (possibly my favourite of all the mobile OSes), it just runs so smooth and fluid, really well, anyway it lacks App support amongst other things. I've not used it since Android was released in October, but hopefully we'll see some improvements to android from this.
Original post by G8D
Yeah, it'd be nice to have the OS fluidity and generally better aesthetics :smile:

ICS tbf. :tongue:
Reply 7585
Original post by mikeyd85
ICS tbf. :tongue:

I agree. Sense 3.6 is way too bloated on ICS. BTW, Nexx has made some good progress over at XDA! Check his post in CM9 thread!

What ROM are you on now? I'm using cm9!
GTA3 has gone down to 76p, i duno for how long though, been waiting for this to go down :biggrin: played 5 mins on my xperia s seems to work fine and looks great :yep: cant touch it anymore until i finish my exams though :sad:
Original post by lohoj
I agree. Sense 3.6 is way too bloated on ICS. BTW, Nexx has made some good progress over at XDA! Check his post in CM9 thread!

What ROM are you on now? I'm using cm9!

Oooh! Exciting!

I'm still on BlindIce 6.5. I decided to not update unless

A) It borks like some ROMs do after a while or
B) There's an AOKP ROM running kernel 3.x.

I have a feeling B won't be too long once Nexx sorts out the kernel issues! :biggrin:
Reply 7588
Oooh! Exciting!

I'm still on BlindIce 6.5. I decided to not update unless

A) It borks like some ROMs do after a while or
B) There's an AOKP ROM running kernel 3.x.

I have a feeling B won't be too long once Nexx sorts out the kernel issues! :biggrin:

Yeah, I believe he is beta testing the kernel himself with nk111.

Proxuser has perfected Sense 4 now, camera works, and super stable.with kernel 3 now!
Original post by eugenius 8
GTA3 has gone down to 76p, i duno for how long though, been waiting for this to go down :biggrin: played 5 mins on my xperia s seems to work fine and looks great :yep: cant touch it anymore until i finish my exams though :sad:

Always goes down when I buy things :tongue:
Its a decent port, sometimes the control are ****e though. And accelerometer steering doesn't work on phones (only tablets)

Good luck with the mission where you have to use the sniper to clear the way for 8-ball on the ship. Took me 3 ****ing days :angry: :laugh:
Reply 7590
Can finally get an upgrade, Woooo! Htc onex i think :biggrin:
Reply 7591
Original post by lonelykatana
Always goes down when I buy things :tongue:
Its a decent port, sometimes the control are ****e though. And accelerometer steering doesn't work on phones (only tablets)

Good luck with the mission where you have to use the sniper to clear the way for 8-ball on the ship. Took me 3 ****ing days :angry: :laugh:

Yes, I played this game over Christmas, that part took me ages. Instead of using the sniper, I drove a car to the ship and rammed the thugs down. It proved to work very well :wink:
I'm on a rolling contract, and I didn't think it ended, but I went on My Account yesterday and it said my upgrade date was the 13th of August. Does this mean they'll phone me up and offer me a new phone? :headfire:
Currently running: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1679125 :colone:

First Sense 4 ROM I've tried in a while. Still not sure about Sense, but I'll give it a go.
DAMN!

Sony have confirmed that the only 2011 XPERIA line phone that won't get ICS off them is the XPERIA PLAY :frown:
Reply 7595
Got the htc one x today, amazing phone. Big size jump from a desire to this but il get use to it :biggrin:
Reply 7596
Original post by johnnn
Got the htc one x today, amazing phone. Big size jump from a desire to this but il get use to it :biggrin:

I had a play with one that my mate got recently, very nice. I think I prefer the app switcher/multitasking from stock ICS but perhaps only aesthetically - haven't had any particular large amount of usage with it.
Reply 7597
Currently running: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1679125 :colone:

First Sense 4 ROM I've tried in a while. Still not sure about Sense, but I'll give it a go.

Its freaking awesome.
Original post by lohoj
Its freaking awesome.

Yes, yes it is! Though I've not had any lock screen shortcut issues like some of the noobs on XDA. :tongue:
Original post by G8D
Apparently Jellybean will be 4.1 so a relatively minor update?

We'll see come I/O.

Although I do remember them saying that there were a few thinks that weren't going to make it to ICS and hence going to be pushed back to JB so I'm interested in that but I have a feeling it could be under the hood stuff. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending