Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The "What's that song" thread - Mk II Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    Is there a (fairly) recent song with the lyrics "Na Na Na Na Na" (the fourth "Na" being particularly high)?

The tune of the "Na"s is E, F#, G, higher D, B.

Most of the song has consistent Gs followed by a string of G, A, B.

I heard it earlier today on London's Heart, immediately following Michael Bublé's "Just Haven't Met You Yet" (around 8:20 AM).

Thanks to anyone who can help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tu_es_jolie_x)
    Thanks for the help. That's not the one though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know that tune that they play before football matches a lot? From the bit I have heard there is no singing in it and it sounds like the tune is played completely on a synthesiser.

The part of the melody that I have heard begins with an A sounding like it lasts about three beats. It then lowers to a G then goes up to C and descends to B, A then G and back up to an A.

Wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh weeh weh weh weh weh weeeeh ........... weh weh weh. It sounds a bit like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeaTheory)
    Anyone know that tune that they play before football matches a lot? From the bit I have heard there is no singing in it and it sounds like the tune is played completely on a synthesiser.

The part of the melody that I have heard begins with an A sounding like it lasts about three beats. It then lowers to a G then goes up to C and descends to B, A then G and back up to an A.

Wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh weeh weh weh weh weh weeeeh ........... weh weh weh. It sounds a bit like that.
    your weh bits sound like hey jude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowtrees)
    your weh bits sound like hey jude
    Ha, so it does but it is definitely not 'Hey Jude'.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone,

Everytime i have gone out in the last 2 weeks on Student Night, i have heard a song but i dont know what it is. The only words i can remember are "In Septemberrrrrrrr". Its a pretty cheesy song, sung by a lady i believe, and i have seen a few guys doing a dance routine to it, but it could be their personal routine?

I have been searching all day but the only thing google and youtube keep coming up with is a Earth Wind and Fire, but it's not that.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7z9r...feature=relmfu

from 26:08 to 27:20

has the words "Simply passing"
    and the line "like a drop in the ocean of blue sky"

ReputationRep:
    In the Classic FM advert there's a piece of piano as the guy says 'for revising', I think. It's amazing, any help? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really vague but I always hear this song in shops. It sounds like it has some sort of african chant tune, but the words are in English. Quite upbeat, but the words are quiet I can never make out what is being said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHABANA)
    This is going to sound really vague but I always hear this song in shops. It sounds like it has some sort of african chant tune, but the words are in English. Quite upbeat, but the words are quiet I can never make out what is being said!
    is it this one? it sounds african and it's currently in the charts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magdaplaysbass)
    is it this one? it sounds african and it's currently in the charts.

No it's not that one. I think it has been around for roughly a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    Is there a (fairly) recent song with the lyrics "Na Na Na Na Na" (the fourth "Na" being particularly high)?

The tune of the "Na"s is E, F#, G, higher D, B.

Most of the song has consistent Gs followed by a string of G, A, B.

I heard it earlier today on London's Heart, immediately following Michael Bublé's "Just Haven't Met You Yet" (around 8:20 AM).

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Edit: It's not "We Are Young" ... the "Na" sequence doesn't really fit the notes I suggested.
    Is it B.o.B "so good"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBP24I2lwA

ReputationRep:
    Hi need some help please!

Key features of the song:

• starts off slow with one female artist
    • then starts speeding up
    • other female artist starts with a total different beat
    • they then end up merging their two songs...
    • they seem like they're having a music battle

I remember watching the music video and thinking... wtf...! but then it kinda worked...and I've missed that song since!

Does anyone know which one I'm talking about?!

ReputationRep:
    A couple for the deep music heads

http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podc...eman270512.mp3

Tune coming starting at 1h: 06m: 40s. If you could find it, you'll make me a very happy man.

Also this garage banger:

http://soundcloud.com/skins345669/id-this-track

ReputationRep:
    Heard a song I really liked last night but, due to being a bit 'worse for wear', I can only remember the lyrics "This is a dream" or maybe "This is just a dream". It's quite slow, but still a club tune. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTeaTheory)

complete shot in the dark but is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeMT)
    Heard a song I really liked last night but, due to being a bit 'worse for wear', I can only remember the lyrics "This is a dream" or maybe "This is just a dream". It's quite slow, but still a club tune. Any ideas?
    Nelly - Just A Dream?

ReputationRep:
    No it's not that one. I think it has been around for roughly a year?
    Not that waving flag song by K'naan? Stab in the dark tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennith)
    Not that waving flag song by K'naan? Stab in the dark tbh..
    No, it's slightly folky if that's any help

ReputationRep:
    No, it's slightly folky if that's any help
    Not folky but:

?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 6, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.