Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husn)
    possibly - as it hasnt come up b4 - i hate it though!!!
    i hate the methods in contesxt
    hows revison going ?

how many hourse u do for sociology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wwelol)
    i hate the methods in contesxt
    hows revison going ?

how many hourse u do for sociology
    i quite like the methods in context - its like the best of both worlds - cuz u can in actual fact blag ur way through the whole question (which is what I did at as)
    - revision 4 sociologys going ok i suppose - just finished doing the whole methods and theories but overall rev.s killing me
    because im doing 4 and a half a levels - totalling to 8 exams in may/june Q!Q * kill me now*
    and u? - hows ur revisiong going m8? - i try to do so many hours but can bever actually come round doing so - so average abt 2 hrs:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husn)
    i quite like the methods in context - its like the best of both worlds - cuz u can in actual fact blag ur way through the whole question (which is what I did at as)
    - revision 4 sociologys going ok i suppose - just finished doing the whole methods and theories but overall rev.s killing me
    because im doing 4 and a half a levels - totalling to 8 exams in may/june Q!Q * kill me now*
    and u? - hows ur revisiong going m8? - i try to do so many hours but can bever actually come round doing so - so average abt 2 hrs:eek:
    yeh it s a piss take for sociology b/c there is so many bookelets to learn and all my revsion time going on sociology and im still on theory and i need 89marks to get an overall A out of 120
    wbu?

ive not really revised methods Q yet

ReputationRep:
    Just a little something for anyone who wants an A/A* in this exam.

This is the PERFECT revision guide for unit 4. If you learn this well, it will be hard not to get an A/A*. Got me there in Jan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Supp...4084005&sr=8-1

Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT MIGHT COME UP IN THE SUMMER?! I have predicted, SUICIDE, CONTROL, VICTIMS AND PUNISHMENT for the 21 marks...the 33mark I think will be either social policy, objectivity and values or action theories!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyyouknowbest)
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT MIGHT COME UP IN THE SUMMER?! I have predicted, SUICIDE, CONTROL, VICTIMS AND PUNISHMENT for the 21 marks...the 33mark I think will be either social policy, objectivity and values or action theories!!!!
    i doubt social policy the topic is way too small
    yah i reckon social action or science

ReputationRep:
    yeh it s a piss take for sociology b/c there is so many bookelets to learn and all my revsion time going on sociology and im still on theory and i need 89marks to get an overall A out of 120
    wbu?

ive not really revised methods Q yet
    yh thats very true - theres way too much to revise for this exam!!
    how did u do for unit 3 if u dont mind me asking?? and the other two units>>

i need ums marks to be in the 80 region too for the A
    but i really want that A* (athough I doubt ill get it):mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husn)
    yh thats very true - theres way too much to revise for this exam!!
    how did u do for unit 3 if u dont mind me asking?? and the other two units>>

i need ums marks to be in the 80 region too for the A
    but i really want that A* (athough I doubt ill get it):mad:
    i scraped an A
    wbu
    how do u revise - do u just memorise?

ReputationRep:
    i scraped an A
    wbu
    how do u revise - do u just memorise?
    well what i do is just summarise (put main points down) on coloured flash cards - thats what ive done for all the crime stuff
    and for the theories stuff i re-typed up the notes my teachers had given me - and surprisingly its kind of gone in __ hopefully ill be able to maintain the info>>!

but i suppose uve just gotta find a method that works for u!!

gud luck with the rest of ur rev. mate! - I'm sure ull do fine!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I heard that the 33 mark could also be on research methods and not sociological theory only - is this true. I'm getting really worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyyouknowbest)
    i've looked at all the past questions and for the 33m marxist, action theories, science (interpretivists), modernity & postmodernity and social policy have never come up and none of the other topics have ever been repeated..

for the crime and deviance:
    functionalist, strain, right/left realist, green/state crime, suicide has never come up and only globalisation have come up twice in the past

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

I want to know if anyone has all the questions that came up for UNIT 3 RELIGION JANUARY 2012 and the UNIT 4 CRIME AND DEVIANCE JANUARY.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    For religion it was:

9 mark - ethnic differences in religion....
    18 mark - new religious and spiritual movements....
    33 mark - the usefulness of functionalism today

For crime and deviance it was:

21 mark - Labelling
    21 mark - Globalisation, state crime and green crime
    15 mark - overt observation in court proceedings
    33 mark - The usefulness of Functionalist and new right theories

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do Stratification?

ReputationRep:
    HAS ANYONE GOT ANY PREDICTIONS FOR BELIEFS IN SOCIETY AND STRATIFICATION. Please please post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dione)
    Does anyone here do Stratification?
    I do, seems like not many people do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex3r3)
    I do, seems like not many people do it!
    I really wish I was doing crime and deviance. Strat is so long and boring. What do you think will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dione)
    I really wish I was doing crime and deviance. Strat is so long and boring. What do you think will come up?
    Same here, wish i self taught myself it.. my teacher is useless anyway.

Erm, I think social mobility/ ethnicity and inequalities has got a good chance of coming up.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex3r3)
    Same here, wish i self taught myself it.. my teacher is useless anyway.

Erm, I think social mobility/ ethnicity and inequalities has got a good chance of coming up.

How about you?
    SAME my teacher is so bad. Just gives us sheets. I was thinking feminism for the 33 marker. Social mobility came up before? What makes you think that? This syllabus is far far too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dione)
    SAME my teacher is so bad. Just gives us sheets. I was thinking feminism for the 33 marker. Social mobility came up before? What makes you think that? This syllabus is far far too long
    I think it's really hard to predict this unit :/ I know feminism has come up in relation to strat but could well come up as the 33 theory essay. I think modernity V postmodernity could also come up.

I'm just going to have to revise it all :/ and by 'revise' I mean literally self-teach myself it..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 17, 2012
Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.