The Student Room Group

OCR AS Law: The English Legal System 24th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Harriet : )
I did sentencing, police powers, bail and magistrates
Pretty nice questions I thought! :smile:

Hey you know for the bail question the part A bit did you only talk about the bail act or did you also talk about the police powers to grant bail? :biggrin:
I did criminal legal funding, community orders, police powers and bail. Was a reasonably easy exam I thought except it was 100 degrees in the exam room and I had like a claw hand at the end of it lol.
Original post by jk122
Hey you know for the bail question the part A bit did you only talk about the bail act or did you also talk about the police powers to grant bail? :biggrin:

I did both :smile: I think they're trying to re-word the questions to spook us and my teachers warned us of that! But really they're just asking the same things as they have before :smile: How'd you find it?
Reply 63
Original post by jk122
Oh noo i put the fingerprints as unlawful because they used force only reasonable force allowed?

Well yeah you could argue both sides I guess :smile:
Reply 64
I did both :smile: I think they're trying to re-word the questions to spook us and my teachers warned us of that! But really they're just asking the same things as they have before :smile: How'd you find it?

Nooo i only did courts i didnt write police i think the way it was worded caught me out lol.. overall it was ok thanks i was glad judges and appeals didnt come up as i didnt bother revising them lol.. my hand is hurting so much now lol how did you find it? :biggrin:
Original post by jk122
Nooo i only did courts i didnt write police i think the way it was worded caught me out lol.. overall it was ok thanks i was glad judges and appeals didnt come up as i didnt bother revising them lol.. my hand is hurting so much now lol how did you find it? :biggrin:

Ah I see! Same what I predicted came up which was good- just praying for a decent grade now :biggrin: I still can't feel my thumb, I still have pins and needles in it >.< That's the only bad thing about Law exams haha :L
Original post by deano0417
Revised pretty much all them, woke up feeling like complete **** though, horrible cold :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

urgh i share your pain! woke up feeling like utter **** this morning! Was off the day before... how did you find the exam? I thought it was okay but some of the wording was tricky :frown:
Reply 67
Ah I see! Same what I predicted came up which was good- just praying for a decent grade now :biggrin: I still can't feel my thumb, I still have pins and needles in it >.< That's the only bad thing about Law exams haha :L

Yeah you did i looked at that spreadsheet you did and everything you predicted came up lol... ahh i was dreading this 2 hour exam the amount of writing you have to do is crazy lol.. also you know for your part A questions the "describe" ones did you write conclusions for them? :biggrin:
Original post by jk122
Yeah you did i looked at that spreadsheet you did and everything you predicted came up lol... ahh i was dreading this 2 hour exam the amount of writing you have to do is crazy lol.. also you know for your part A questions the "describe" ones did you write conclusions for them? :biggrin:

If only you predict the lottery like that eh? I'd be a millionaire! I don't think I did, I honestly can't remember, probably maybe 1 sentence to conclude :s-smilie: I know I think I counted like 8/9 sides of A4 or something crazy like that
Reply 69
Made up Bail and Police Powers came up! Community Sentences and Barristers Training wasnt that bad, hope Ive done good in this one, going to be dropping it and pick up history instead. Found out that law is not the subject for me...
Reply 70
I could not believe how much of a gift this paper was :smile: Bail came up, stop and search came up and thank god i read the question carefully cause it said other searches in the police station, and i did roles of the lay mags and the jurisdiction of high court and county court so question 1,5,6 and 7 :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by katherine1
i really revised the legal profession, but i have no idea what the 2010 reforms are because our textbook only goes up to 2007! (cry)

and also, did anyone else do the police powers question and think 'what the hell is paul doing with earrings there...?!'

yes yes yes hahahaha
Original post by jk122
Oh noo i put the fingerprints as unlawful because they used force only reasonable force allowed?

same here man

only revised ADR, bail, detention, stop and search, magistrates and sentencing

got quite lucky!

struggled at the sentencing one though
Reply 73
Original post by wythenshawered
same here man

only revised ADR, bail, detention, stop and search, magistrates and sentencing

got quite lucky!

struggled at the sentencing one though

Me too the ones i didnt bother revising eg judges didnt come up so i was lucky too lol.. Also for the stop and search question i didnt read it properly so lost a lot of marks :frown:
Reply 74
Original post by mkhan9035
I could not believe how much of a gift this paper was :smile: Bail came up, stop and search came up and thank god i read the question carefully cause it said other searches in the police station, and i did roles of the lay mags and the jurisdiction of high court and county court so question 1,5,6 and 7 :smile:

lucky you i didnt read it properly i only wrote about stop and search not the other powers :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by jk122
lucky you i didnt read it properly i only wrote about stop and search not the other powers :frown:

Oh no :frown: But how sly of OCR that they didn't put other searches in bold! Sly t***s! Don't worry though :smile:
Hi there everyone. For those of you who answered the question b on magistrates' advantages in the legal system, did you also mention the disadvantages ?

It would be appreciated if you reply =)
Original post by mynameisudontneedtoknow
Hi there everyone. For those of you who answered the question b on magistrates' advantages in the legal system, did you also mention the disadvantages ?
It would be appreciated if you reply =)

I didn't as I'd been warned of how some people get carried away with that and don't get as many marks as it wants only advantages. Although to show development you could then go, however a disadvantage of this is blah blah blah. So yeah, I didn't specifically as I'd done it previously and been warned against it. However on some mark schemes they are allowed to credit it :smile:
Thank you very much =).. I thought I missed out some marks since i never wrote about the disadvantages myself but now that you are telling me that it is not necessary, I am not worrying nomore about it.

Cheeers !
Reply 79
Hey guys,

can you get an A even if you lost 30 marks? What are the grade boundaries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending