The Student Room Group

DLA- Disability living allowance

has anyone applied for DLA? do the universities help you with that? what's the process like?
thanks in advance.
I get DLA, and no the university didn't help me. I applied through a local charity that help people fill out the forms, and there's the citizens advice bureu too that can help.
Reply 2
My brother has it (he's 15). I applied for him a couple of years ago and I have to renew it every year, I think. I got a form from revenue
I get it. My nurse suggested that I should apply for it and then put me in contact with the local mental health charity, who helped me fill out the forms. One of the most depressing things I've ever done, filling out that form :sadnod: Was worth it in the end though :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I get it. My nurse suggested that I should apply for it and then put me in contact with the local mental health charity, who helped me fill out the forms. One of the most depressing things I've ever done, filling out that form :sadnod: Was worth it in the end though :smile:

This is what is putting me off redoing the forms. My award is indefinite; but my needs have changed.
Original post by OU Student
This is what is putting me off redoing the forms. My award is indefinite; but my needs have changed.

If you have the need for the DLA, it's worth doing, even if it's awkward coz your needs have changed. My diagnosis has changed too and I only get DLA til next summer, at which point I will have to reapply. That's if the stupid Coalition government don't make it impossible for me to apply or something!

:console:
Reply 6
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
If you have the need for the DLA, it's worth doing, even if it's awkward coz your needs have changed. My diagnosis has changed too and I only get DLA til next summer, at which point I will have to reapply. That's if the stupid Coalition government don't make it impossible for me to apply or something!

:console:

Thanks. lot of it is the stress and them obviousky not reading my forms at all.:mad:
Original post by OU Student
Thanks. lot of it is the stress and them obviousky not reading my forms at all.:mad:

Ah that must be so horrible for you if you get the feeling they're not reading your form properly. Any idea why that is? :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest