Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Paid Design Contests? Watch

ReputationRep:
    These are quite popular on the internet, but I was wondering if this kind of thread is allowed on TSR, and if so, where?

Someone posts a contest, like they need a logo designing for a project they are working on. So people post their designs, and the winner gets the money via PayPal.

Allowed?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominicjohnson)
    These are quite popular on the internet, but I was wondering if this kind of thread is allowed on TSR, and if so, where?

Someone posts a contest, like they need a logo designing for a project they are working on. So people post their designs, and the winner gets the money via PayPal.

Allowed?
    :nah: Unfortunately that would fall foul of our advertising rules and we couldn't allow threads like that here.

ReputationRep:
    cool cool. I was just wondering. But how is it to do with advertising? Couldn't you PM people the brand name/idea, and use the thread just to make people aware of it?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominicjohnson)
    cool cool. I was just wondering. But how is it to do with advertising? Couldn't you PM people the brand name/idea, and use the thread just to make people aware of it?
    It's similar to posting a job listing and is a form of self-promotion. In general, threads here shouldn't be used just to promote external content or personal interests; they should instead contain worthwhile content in their own right.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.