The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Exam 23/5

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
what came for jan 2012 paper 2 anthology...will last night come?
I hope to get 40 for paper 1, and 20 for paper 2!
Is that good??
Original post by NilFBosh
what came for jan 2012 paper 2 anthology...will last night come?

Jan 2012 paper 2 was refugee blues.
Original post by nithpriya
I hope to get 40 for paper 1, and 20 for paper 2!
Is that good??

That is 66.7%. Might get you an A or a high B.
Reply 164
Original post by Relaxedexams
Jan 2012 paper 2 was refugee blues.

theres a chance last night might come.
Reply 165
what ate the language techniques used in King Schariar?

I found use of superlatives...strong adjectives to describe Scheherazade...

what else?
qny suggestions for paper 2

It has come in legacy IGCSE so many times (MAY 2007 and Nov 2010) so not much it comes for us again :smile:
Original post by (◕ ‿ ▒r▀▀
Well according to you they won't give an extract for each section from the same batch they gave from before?
But they gave Headless Goat from the same batch ( what do you call that?:mad: ) as Touching the Void. Please correct your method and then predict!

I admire your rudeness. Show some respect for the guy, he's predicted for us with so much time taken off and accuracy, and I'm sure you won't do that for us. Then why are you a criticizer ?
Reply 169
I'm about to sit at my desk and revise like a mofo for my Eng Lang exam tomorrow! For the main problem is knowing section B of the anthology - I don't know it nearly half as well as I know section A.

I have no idea what text they are going to test us on though. I hope that it is not a poem like Disabled,The Last Night or An Unkown Girl. I find the style of poetry a little harder to analyse than I do stories.
Original post by mandaxoxo
november 2006 - king shahariar
may 2007 - last night
november 2007 - refugee blues
april 2008 - the necklace
november 2008 - electricity comes to coca bottom
june 2008 - a hero
november 2009 - the necklace
november 2010 - last night
2011 - veronica
2012 refugee blues

can anyone make out a pattern ? ??
obviously veronica and refugee blues aren't likely to be given .. your thoughts ?

By those patterns, I think one of these three will come:
Electricity comes to coca bottom
Out out
An unknown girl
what ate the language techniques used in King Schariar?

I found use of superlatives...strong adjectives to describe Scheherazade...

what else?

Why are you worried about Schariar? It's not going to come,so forget about it! You'll see a poem in today's paper, and I'm sure about that fact. Even if I'm unlucky of saying a poem comes, the extract that comes will be necklace or hero - not Schariar. Schariar has just come once in the legacy IGCSE (11/2006)

I never knew you did ICT too? I can see you like chatting with Pan narrans very much on the squidoo website; have you finished reading all the paper 1's LOs?
Reply 173
Original post by gabriel 41
I never knew you did ICT too? I can see you like chatting with Pan narrans very much on the squidoo website; have you finished reading all the paper 1's LOs?

yeah...hes an examiner so yeah..getting tips and stuff...and no..i haven't yet finished reading the LO's, they take a lot if time, yeah? I'm gonna be reading them once i finished physics 2p
Reply 174

wat time is it there now..and what time do you start your paper in your time?
wat time is it there now..and what time do you start your paper in your time?

Okay I live in Kenya, and you live in Sri Lanka. Right now it is 7: 15 AM in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya; on the other hand, right now, as we speak, it's 9:45 AM in Sri Lanka, so ,at the specified time, local time in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte is 2:30 hours ahead of Nairobi

We will start the 4IT0/01 exam at 2:00PM Nairobi time.
(edited 11 years ago)
yeah...hes an examiner so yeah..getting tips and stuff...and no..i haven't yet finished reading the LO's, they take a lot if time, yeah? I'm gonna be reading them once i finished physics 2p

I'm in the same position as you; I haven't finished reading them, but you don't need to read all of them, especially the practical ones and ones that turned up last year. You're right: these LOs take so much time if you read them with detail, but will have to do it, for we want a good grade in the paper 1. I'll start at the same time as you, after I finish today's paper 2 of English A. What do you think will come in today's paper (which anthology of section B)?
Reply 177
Okay I live in Kenya, and you live in Sri Lanka. Right now it is 7: 15 AM in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya; on the other hand, right now, as we speak, it's 9:45 AM in Sri Lanka, so ,at the specified time, local time in Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte is 2:30 hours ahead of Nairobi

We will start the 4IT0/01 exam at 2:00PM Nairobi time.

so if we are 2 and a half hours ahead shouldn't you guys start the paper at 4.00 pm Nairobi Time?
Reply 178
I'm in the same position as you; I haven't finished reading them, but you don't need to read all of them, especially the practical ones and ones that turned up last year. You're right: these LOs take so much time if you read them with detail, but will have to do it, for we want a good grade in the paper 1. I'll start at the same time as you, after I finish today's paper 2 of English A. What do you think will come in today's paper (which anthology of section B)?

i hope its any of those poems!!
so if we are 2 and a half hours ahead shouldn't you guys start the paper at 4.00 pm Nairobi Time?

Yeah that was the original time we had to start the paper, but we protested to edexcel and they allowed us to start the paper early; I mean how can you do an exam at 4PM? That's absurd.

Quick Reply