The Student Room Group

GCSE Physics P3 - 24/05/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Jeni68
Guys - can everyone say all the answers they got, so we can put an 'unoffical mark scheme together'

I remember getting 'Action Potential' for the x axis question
4.25 x 10(to the -18) .. i think
293Kelvin

I got that too

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 61
what question was the 4.25x10^-18? i remember when it asked a question about finding something for ONE electron-I think...
Reply 62
can someone put up a markscheme please? like they did with the chemistry paper
Reply 63
Original post by consla
can someone put up a markscheme please? like they did with the chemistry paper

can you link me to the chemistry paper answers?
thanks
Reply 64
Original post by Jeni68
can you link me to the chemistry paper answers?
thanks

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2009061
I HATED the physics paper so much. I think I'll have to say goodbye to my A* :,( damn.
Original post by lettucesoap
I HATED the physics paper so much. I think I'll have to say goodbye to my A* :,( damn.

What marks have you gotten in the other papers? There might still be hope!
Reply 67

you're not the only one!
Original post by paperclip345
What marks have you gotten in the other papers? There might still be hope!

in p2 I got full marks in both structured and multiple choice, and for p1 topics I got A*s, but i effed up on this exam. Real bad. I'm trying for an extrernal place at a Grammar school next year too, so I needed to ace the sciences. :no:
in p2 I got full marks in both structured and multiple choice, and for p1 topics I got A*s, but i effed up on this exam. Real bad. I'm trying for an extrernal place at a Grammar school next year too, so I needed to ace the sciences. :no:

Like how badly? So for P2 total you have 80/80, P1 around 75/80? What did you get for your IAAs? If you did well in them (as in As - I have got 40/40 in all of my exams, bar P3 which we will find out on results day, I only manage to get As in IAAs) you might only need like a B to get an A* overall! Stay positive!
(edited 11 years ago)
Like how badly? So for P2 total you have 80/80, P1 around 75/80? What did you get for your IAAs? If you did well in them (as in As - I have got 40/40 in all of my exams, bar P3 which we will find out on results day, I only manage to get As in IAAs) you might only need like a B to get an A* overall! Stay positive!

thankyou! your post was definately, definately reassuring. In my IAAs I've never had anything below an A, maybe a B in one of the p1 IAAs. Thankyou. Hopefully I can grip onto the star. Good luck to you in results day.
thankyou! your post was definately, definately reassuring. In my IAAs I've never had anything below an A, maybe a B in one of the p1 IAAs. Thankyou. Hopefully I can grip onto the star. Good luck to you in results day.

No problem! On my first IAA I got 35/40 UMS and on my one from this year I got 35/36 raw mark, So I only need about 90/120 UMS (possibly a few UMS less, depending on how my IAA is moderated) which is a high B/low A I think overall to get an A*. This has actually made me less stressed haha :smile: I am sure I haven't got an A* in this paper, but it doesn't really matter :grin: Good luck on results day to you as well. What grades are you expecting in other subjects?
I am really worried about this exam, and I was doing so well!! What do you think I would need to get an A* overall?
Here are my results:

P1a 34/40
P1b 36/40
P1 IAA 36/36 so 40/40
P2 multiple choice 40/40
P2 structured 39/40
P2 IAA 35/36 so 39/40

(this is providing that my IAA's arent moderated down)

Reply 73
Hey, does the IAA's from last year count? So the highest mark gets counted?
Original post by Frontierlandwdw
I am really worried about this exam, and I was doing so well!! What do you think I would need to get an A* overall?
Here are my results:

P1a 34/40
P1b 36/40
P1 IAA 36/36 so 40/40
P2 multiple choice 40/40
P2 structured 39/40
P2 IAA 35/36 so 39/40

(this is providing that my IAA's arent moderated down)

Well so far that would give you a total of 228 out of a possible 240 so you have lost 12 UMS. P3 is out of 120 UMS and to get an A* for the whole course you need to get 360/400. To get an A* you can lose a max of 40 UMS and you have dropped 12, so you can afford to lose 28 more. Therefore, you can get 92/120 on P3 to get an A*, which is a low A think :smile: Hope that helps, sorry if it's a bit confusing.
Original post by Coveted Ul
Hey, does the IAA's from last year count? So the highest mark gets counted?

They use 2 IAAs, the school will put forward your best two if you did three or four :smile:
No problem! On my first IAA I got 35/40 UMS and on my one from this year I got 35/36 raw mark, So I only need about 90/120 UMS (possibly a few UMS less, depending on how my IAA is moderated) which is a high B/low A I think overall to get an A*. This has actually made me less stressed haha :smile: I am sure I haven't got an A* in this paper, but it doesn't really matter :grin: Good luck on results day to you as well. What grades are you expecting in other subjects?

yeah pretty much A* for everything except German, English and Maths. I'm taking biology chemistry history and maths for next year's A-levels, all of which I'm *hopefully* getting A* for, apart from maths, which is an A. What about you?
yeah pretty much A* for everything except German, English and Maths. I'm taking biology chemistry history and maths for next year's A-levels, all of which I'm *hopefully* getting A* for, apart from maths, which is an A. What about you?

Same, A* predictions for everything, doing triple science, ICT, DT, French and then the usual English Lit/Lang and maths. Bit doubtful I'll get an A* in ICT and English Lit is a bit of an iffy one, will be happy with an A :smile: Next year I'm doing the same as you, except English Lit instead of History
Same, A* predictions for everything, doing triple science, ICT, DT, French and then the usual English Lit/Lang and maths. Bit doubtful I'll get an A* in ICT and English Lit is a bit of an iffy one, will be happy with an A :smile: Next year I'm doing the same as you, except English Lit instead of History

nice one. :smile: good luck! ugh my school is so annoying, they don't let us do ICT as a GCSE we have to do BTEC ICT so its all coursework based and doesn't count as a *real* GCSE! Yeahh I struggle alot with English Lit aswell.
nice one. :smile: good luck! ugh my school is so annoying, they don't let us do ICT as a GCSE we have to do BTEC ICT so its all coursework based and doesn't count as a *real* GCSE! Yeahh I struggle alot with English Lit aswell.

Wish I'd never taken ICT, the grade boundaries for the exams are ridiculous (doing WJEC). I love English Lit so much and put so much effort into it, yet I always seem to fluff it up in exams! Like the poetry last year I got a low-ish A, but then I got full marks for my coursework. Re-took the exam so I really want an A* :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending