The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5'4" and I prefer a guy who is similar in height to me. I'm not particularly attracted to ridiculously tall guys.
But height isn't an issue to me, whether he is shorter or taller than me (:
Reply 41
Original post by dgeorge
Being tall certainly is a plus in terms of attraction. However, there are many other factors, and someone who is 5'8 will not be greatly disadvantaged. Sure, most women would LIKE a tall man, but they are willing to trade off for other qualities, just like anything else

It's when the guy gets lower, i.e < 5'5" that women arm, well, yeah.
Original post by dgeorge
Being tall certainly is a plus in terms of attraction. However, there are many other factors, and someone who is 5'8 will not be greatly disadvantaged. Sure, most women would LIKE a tall man, but they are willing to trade off for other qualities, just like anything else

So you're saying women have no real preference of the physicality of a man?
Reply 43
Original post by Aisha~~
So you're saying women have no real preference of the physicality of a man?

Sorry, but this seems a bit of a daft question when the very first line of what you quoted from me addresses this.
Original post by dgeorge
Sorry, but this seems a bit of a daft question when the very first line of what you quoted from me addresses this.

If they are willing to trade any of their preferences off, they have no absolute standard for any quality. They are all variable.
Reply 45
Original post by Aisha~~
If they are willing to trade any of their preferences off, they have no absolute standard for any quality. They are all variable.

What do you mean?
Original post by dgeorge
What do you mean?

According to you, a woman would be happy to trade off intelligence for another attribute. Or confidence for a physical trait. They have no standard that cannot be substituted for something else.
I'm 5'4" so I'd have no problem at all with somebody who is 5'8".
Reply 48
Original post by Aisha~~
According to you, a woman would be happy to trade off intelligence for another attribute. Or confidence for a physical trait. They have no standard that cannot be substituted for something else.

They sometimes can be "traded" but it's not usually a hard and fast rule. I mean, some would and some wouldn't.
Original post by ct2k7
So what, a taller girl is not allowed to go out with a shorter guy?

Leave the taller to me...and ill save a few of tthe short girls for the other short guys..

okey/
Reply 50
Original post by Bear_Grylls
Leave the taller to me...and ill save a few of tthe short girls for the other short guys..

okey/

Not ok.
Original post by ct2k7
Not ok.

Its very ok,

Dont be a hater
Reply 52
Its very ok,

Dont be a hater

Not a hater lol.

I'm not insecure about my height though - I have a tall girlfriend. Lost my virginity to a tall girlfriend. Oh, and I know on a tall girl who has a crush on me, but I'm not going to do anything because I'm in a relationship with my lover.

Did I mention that I'm 5'2" and proud? I'm unique :biggrin: Actually, I love being this height for a lot of reasons :/
Original post by ct2k7
Not a hater lol.

I'm not insecure about my height though - I have a tall girlfriend. Lost my virginity to a tall girlfriend. Oh, and I know on a tall girl who has a crush on me, but I'm not going to do anything because I'm in a relationship with my lover.

Did I mention that I'm 5'2" and proud? I'm unique :biggrin: Actually, I love being this height for a lot of reasons :/

Ahha, ok cool, fair play to you,

Just dont be do greedy and get all the tall girls into you, i need some to:cool:
Reply 54
Ahha, ok cool, fair play to you,

Just dont be do greedy and get all the tall girls into you, i need some to:cool:

Heheh - there's plenty of tall girls who don't want me - fair play to them if they can't handle a guy that's smaller than them :smile:
5'8 is fine. I'm only just 5'2 so it's still taller than me, but not so tall that you'd be towering over me like a giant. It's all good.
I am a 5ft3 female and I would happily date a 5ft8 male. Remember that there are shorter girls too :smile: it is the stereotype that women like tall men, but I find that standing next to a
Man they are too tall against me.
Original post by scaredofexams
I am a 5ft3 female and I would happily date a 5ft8 male. Remember that there are shorter girls too :smile: it is the stereotype that women like tall men, but I find that standing next to a
Man they are too tall against me.

Yeah but shorter girls prefer taller guys too don't they? :cool:

dgeorge
No, average is around 5'9 for the UK

It's probably closer to 5'10 in fairness, something like 5'9 3/4. But I don't buy the hype that its increasing rapidly.
I'm 5ft 2in but I'm 13 years old so...
Reply 59
No problems with this...my fiance is 5' 7.5", I'm 5'8"...I just mostly wear flats now :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending