The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Stop me panicking please!

Hi,

I've firmed Keele for 2012 entry and I'm massively excited to get there. But when I was looking at the list of societies, they all seemed to be really segregated into different social groups.

Is this a general problem at Keele - is it really as cliquey as it sometimes looks?

Just need some reassurance and time to prepare myself if this is the case.

Reply 1
Original post by SaySaam
Hi,

I've firmed Keele for 2012 entry and I'm massively excited to get there. But when I was looking at the list of societies, they all seemed to be really segregated into different social groups.

Is this a general problem at Keele - is it really as cliquey as it sometimes looks?

Just need some reassurance and time to prepare myself if this is the case.

Nope, its not at all! I've joined a few societies, including the Ski and Boarding Club, KUBE Radio and a few others and everyone there is incredibly welcoming and friendly. One of the benefits of Keele being quite a small and campus-based Uni is everyone is really close and gets on really well, so don't worry, you should be fine :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Harpoon
Nope, its not at all! I've joined a few societies, including the Ski and Boarding Club, KUBE Radio and a few others and everyone there is incredibly welcoming and friendly. One of the benefits of Keele being quite a small and campus-based Uni is everyone is really close and gets on really well, so don't worry, you should be fine :smile:

The Ski and Boarding Club isn't on the website, so I'm guessing that the list they provide on there isn't the full list of societies/clubs?

But thanks, I feel a lot more prepared for everything now :biggrin:
Reply 3
What is this list you speak of?
Reply 4
Original post by SaySaam
The Ski and Boarding Club isn't on the website, so I'm guessing that the list they provide on there isn't the full list of societies/clubs?

But thanks, I feel a lot more prepared for everything now :biggrin:

It might be on the list of Sports Clubs. But you can always start up a society if you have 10 people interested in it!

And no worries, you'll have a fantastic time at Keele :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Reply 5
Original post by White Tree
What is this list you speak of?

http://www.kusu.net/a-z-of-societies.html

Quick Reply

Latest