The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had the impression that it was something to do with bone density.
Original post by The Marshall
Before the whites came and destroyed Africa, those people were hunters. They hunted animals. Therefore they inherit their ancestors genes. And then slave labour only increased their efficiently, therefore making the best athlete. By the way, White athletes can't win against Asian ones.

Reply 62
:facepalm2:
Reply 63
Original post by InternetGangster
I know this is extremely stereotypical, but I, and I'm sure a lot of other people have recognised the fact that black men generally seem to be better sprinters than whites. Your opinion?

I don't know how true this is but I use to be a sprinter for Windsor Slough Eton & Houndlow and I am black, my coach once told me that black people have something called red fibres which makes it easier for them to run faster whereas white people have white fibres. AGAIN I DON'T KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS

:smile:
Original post by punani-62
it's in their genes, they have been running away from the police for centuries..

oh dear.......
Original post by katyness
Yeah whatever.

face bothered.jpg
Original post by TWYears
I don't know how true this is but I use to be a sprinter for Windsor Slough Eton & Houndlow and I am black, my coach once told me that black people have something called red fibres which makes it easier for them to run faster whereas white people have white fibres. AGAIN I DON'T KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS

:smile:

Hmmm, interesting idea :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
And a good thread is ruined by racism.

True but with the Olympics coming up the question was going to be asked at some point so it might aswell have been a troll on TSR.
Original post by ugk4life
they had a couple hundreds years of practice in slavery.

what an idiotic statement. Slavery does not automatically code for an individual to be of a certain physique. The slaves weren't able to pass their labor-induced physique down to their children BECAUSE IT'S PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.:facepalm:

and @punani-62, you are an imbecilic individual. That has got to be one of the dumbest statements ever. I mean, I'm black, my parent's are black, and I'm sure my parents have never had to run away from the police for anything. AND HOW DOES RUNNING AWAY FROM POLICE ALTER A GENERATION'S PHYSIQUE?:closedeyes:

Your point is stupid, and the idiots that gave you a positive rating are even more imbecilic.
Reply 69
Original post by InternetGangster
face bothered.jpg

LOL. You guys just didn't get him. Don't get worked up :smile:

I think the comment about blacks running away from the police was more a reflection on the police than black people IMHO. I didn't find it racist, more a slur on the police.
lol

Nick Griffin and Malcolm X the same? Good one.

Yes, you're absolutely right, one's black, the other's white.

Which, in turn, makes one a hero, whose quotations are thrown about by every pseudo-intellectual on Facebook, and the other a filthy racist.

Please. They're both just nasty pieces of work, neither of whom deserves to be remembered in any sort of favourable light. Any man who preaches extremism, no matter what his cause, is inherently wrong.
Reply 72
Original post by The Mr Z
It's not blacks in general, it's a few particular tribes from West Africa. Top white sprinters will happily trounce other tribes and East Africans in particular (who happen to be good long distance runners), but there is a small sub-group of West Africans who are especially good runners.

(It was also these people who ended up being taken to the Americas by the slave trade and make up the majority of good sprinters from these countries)

Many different black tribes originating from different parts of Africa are in fact scarcely related to each other, often having more heritage in common with different ethnicities like Europeans and Asians than other Africans. Blacks are not a single ethnicity, despite all having dark skin. (The dark skin is more due to the climate of the regions they have inhabited for millennia rather than ethnicity)

Exactly. We assume that because we have this term 'black people' that people with dark skin are therefore some essential social or racial group, but they are not, it is rather a nominal term and completely constructed by our society.
Reply 73
Blue Band on Bread
Reply 74
People really need to learn to stop getting offended on this website. People that make racist remarks are just bored sad people behind their computer screens. In reality they would probably never be racist to other people because they are cowards.

Its sad.
Reply 75
Two of those are wrong.

If it's diet, you could feed white sprinters the same diet and get the same results, which is clearly not the case.

If it's genetics it'd take longer than 400 years.

There is some truth in the third one.

Have you herd about epigenetics and actually regular genetics can take less time too. Only the strongest fittest Africans survived the slave ships and hard labor of the plantations only they passed on genes hence stronger offspring.

Malcolm X ftw btw I agree with alot of what he said my favorite quote of his was:

'if you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything'
Original post by FrogInABog
Yes, you're absolutely right, one's black, the other's white.

Which, in turn, makes one a hero, whose quotations are thrown about by every pseudo-intellectual on Facebook, and the other a filthy racist.

Please. They're both just nasty pieces of work, neither of whom deserves to be remembered in any sort of favourable light. Any man who preaches extremism, no matter what his cause, is inherently wrong.

You're white aren't you?
Reply 77
Has anyone actually succeeded in defining what is the difference between 'black' and 'white'?
Reply 78
West African men have a higher ratio of fast twitch muscle fibres to slow twitch fibres then caucasian men (or men of any other ethnicity) have you ever noticed that east Africans are not sprinters but long distance runners? they have a greater proportion of slow twitch fibres. It isn't totally biological though, countries like Jamaica (not west Africa i know...but descendants of them) that have a history of performing well in such events have more of their top athletes going into such disciplines.
Reply 79
Original post by punani-62
it's in their genes, they have been running away from the police for centuries..

:rofl:

oh please lighten up, I'm black, west African and used to be a sprinter. it was a joke & a mighty funny one too.

Original post by bhogs001
Its their diet.

Jamaicans are good sprinters because

DIET (yams)
GENES (slave labourers used to run away from owners)
SCHOOLS PROMOTE TRACK SPORTS

SOURCES:BBC

If i eat yam I'm sleeping for the rest of the day not running.

Original post by J1994D
all the slow ones are in jail...
:rofl:

Latest