The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

my mate works for mc d's... he hates it.. classes it as slave labour... what about you?
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
my mate works for mc d's... he hates it.. classes it as slave labour... what about you?

I like it.. Always got something to do so the shift doesn't seem to take 10 times longer. It can be draining, but it's the type of job we have so that comes in the package.

Another good thing about the job is that they can accommodate to your needs, they will allow you to swap shifts with a colleague if you both approve.
It's so unbelievably hot in my store at the moment! Everyone was sweating with hardly any chance to grab a drink :frown: Going full-time over the summer should be fun with this heat!
Reply 6423
Thanks guys for answering my question about the shoes! :smile:
But now I have anoter one :tongue:
When I gave my documents to the manager I was told that I would start work next week at 4 o'clock afternoon, but today I saw my timetable on McTime and there was stated that the work will start at 14:00 :eek:
What should I do now? :confused:
Original post by VoVaN37
Thanks guys for answering my question about the shoes! :smile:
But now I have anoter one :tongue:
When I gave my documents to the manager I was told that I would start work next week at 4 o'clock afternoon, but today I saw my timetable on McTime and there was stated that the work will start at 14:00 :eek:
What should I do now? :confused:

Phone up and ask :biggrin:
Reply 6425
It was over 40°C today in my store :eek:

Ridiculous having to work in that. Was equally hilarious/disgusting how fast the lettuce was turning brown and the cheese was all sticking together though.

I miss having air conditioning :grumble:
Original post by JordanFountain
I had my second interview and was offered the job. The manager took my details such as uniform size and said that he would be in contact to arrange my Orientation/Welcome Meeting. This was about 5 days ago and today I got an email which appears to be an automated email saying the following :

What I do not understand is that this email is saying that I havent got the job yet the manager said that I have I just cannot start until the 1st July. I am confused :/ Thanks!

I had the same thing last year, you do have the job, you just can't start yet, don't worry about it, you'll get an email soon saying about a welcome meeting (I had mine at the end of June ) and you'll soon be working, if you don't, then ring the store and just explain your situation :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 6427
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
It's so unbelievably hot in my store at the moment! Everyone was sweating with hardly any chance to grab a drink :frown: Going full-time over the summer should be fun with this heat!

Switched to nights cos our restaurant is 24/7. Slightly cooler, but the heating's stuck on and air con is dead. Just got in from a 10-7 :s-smilie:

On another note, 3rd shift running with 0% t-reds :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tatpfun
Switched to nights cos our restaurant is 24/7. Slightly cooler, but the heating's stuck on and air con is dead. Just got in from a 10-7 :s-smilie:

On another note, 3rd shift running with 0% t-reds :smile:

They claim that the air-con's off, but it's on in the manager's office! Just glad I'm not in kitchen or on fries as it's ridiculous in there!
Reply 6429
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
They claim that the air-con's off, but it's on in the manager's office! Just glad I'm not in kitchen or on fries as it's ridiculous in there!

I don't know if it's just me or my store, but unless I'm on production or fries, I find kitchen a lot cooler than front counter :s-smilie: On Wednesday I was on front counter and it was horrendous, and yesterday I was on production most of the day apart from covering a break on front counter, but it was the 45 minutes on front counter I found the worst (cause luckily I had a cup of water sitting next to me the whole time I was on production :biggrin:)
Reply 6430
Original post by Ronda
I don't know if it's just me or my store, but unless I'm on production or fries, I find kitchen a lot cooler than front counter :s-smilie: On Wednesday I was on front counter and it was horrendous, and yesterday I was on production most of the day apart from covering a break on front counter, but it was the 45 minutes on front counter I found the worst (cause luckily I had a cup of water sitting next to me the whole time I was on production :biggrin:)

I don't find the kitchen too bad either unless your working with people who don't remember to put grills into standby, they can really heat up the kitchen. Dining area isn't too bad downstairs, but upstairs it can be a bit nasty as there are no windows so it gets really stuffy. Fries has gotta be the worst in the heat though, and it doesn't help it can be difficult to get away and get a drink when it's busy.

I'm off this weekend and not in until next weekend. Would be awesome if I didn't have revision to do.
Reply 6431
Got an interview next week.

Any tips on what to wear, questions that could be asked etc?
Oh my God. That new system :/ I was on window two but wound up covering a break...hehe, they probably should have found someone else, I had to keep asking how to get back to the main screen and stuff, and I'm covering someone's shift tomorrow...why do I do these things to myself!? Hehe

On the bright side, I will finally get stars, on the down side, I've only got the tests not the workbooks so there's quite a few bits I don't actually know, still, we're cheating and not doing them in store anyway so....
Original post by Yiddo1
Got an interview next week.

Any tips on what to wear, questions that could be asked etc?

I would suggest not turning up; McDonalds is one of the worst employers out there; I worked there for just over a month, 45 hours a week, and it was a month of hell on my part.

If you choose to go ahead with it, however, then do not worry about the interview; all they want is a sense that you won't quit soon after joining, because many do, not liking the job, resulting in McDonalds having one of the largest staff turnovers going. You could be a total moron and still breeze past the interview for Mackie D's
Reply 6434
Today was my first shift. The first hour was not bad, but after it was hard as ****. Worked 8 hours making chicken burgers, wreps etc. Fill exhausted.
Also can somebody give me a link where is described how to make each chicken burger, wrep and related burgers, so I could remember it and not be such a fool tomorrow:biggrin:
Thank you)
(edited 11 years ago)
Got my welcome meeting/orientation today the main store in my area. Going to wear a shirt & trousers but no tie.

Got some questions:

1) I've already submitted my bank details online. Should I still bring them written down?
2) Same question with Birth Cert/NI Card, already provided photocopies at my interview/OJE but should I still bring them?
3) Is uniform provided today or on my first shift?
4) Will I have access to ourlounge after the welcome meeting/orientation?
5) When do you think I'll be expecting my first shift?

Thanks alot,

Muffin Head
Original post by Muffin Head
Got my welcome meeting/orientation today the main store in my area. Going to wear a shirt & trousers but no tie.

Got some questions:

1) I've already submitted my bank details online. Should I still bring them written down?
2) Same question with Birth Cert/NI Card, already provided photocopies at my interview/OJE but should I still bring them?
3) Is uniform provided today or on my first shift?
4) Will I have access to ourlounge after the welcome meeting/orientation?
5) When do you think I'll be expecting my first shift?

Thanks alot,

Muffin Head

I would also like to know this! Also the form it said to take back with them that they provided to do with proof to work in the UK, do we have to take the form back with us? Or do we just take the documents to prove we can? I'm gonna take photocopies of my driving licence, passport and mini birth certificate, do you reckon they'll be okay?

Thanks
George
Hi George,

I'm just taking the documents, this sufficed at my interview. Is yours today?
As the Great Tastes of America is finished , what is the next promotional item on the menu?
Reply 6439
Original post by scott125
As the Great Tastes of America is finished , what is the next promotional item on the menu?

its still on until the 5th July, the chicago supreme is back.

The next one is "Euro Food Event"

Onion rings and some burgers with lumpy bread

Latest

Trending

Trending