The Student Room Group

How many GCSE's did you take/ are you taking?

I'm just curious to see how many GCSE's people are taking/ have taken. I'm taking 11, with another additional maths qualification and ECDL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
11, no extras or BTECs etc.
Reply 2
I'm doing 12 and a half GCSE's and 1 BTEC which is compulsory :|
Reply 3
Original post by smileyelzz
I'm doing 12 and a half GCSE's and 1 BTEC which is compulsory :|

cool :smile:, but how can you get a half gcse
Reply 4
Original post by brightbulb
11, no extras or BTECs etc.

have you got lots of exams like me too then in total I would have done 20 exams this summer, and its weird one fo my friends only has 7
I took 10.
I did 9 GCSEs, that was the minimum at our school.
11 GCSEs (including an IGCSE) and an AS in Critical thinking. I dropped a subject too so others usually in my school get 12.
Reply 8
Reply 9
11 plus an ICT diploma :smile:
Original post by Zozzy
have you got lots of exams like me too then in total I would have done 20 exams this summer, and its weird one fo my friends only has 7

I have 11, no retakes.
Most of my GCSEs are very modular.
Reply 11
13 GCSEs including IGCSE maths :biggrin:
I'm taking 11 as well.
Original post by Zozzy
cool :smile:, but how can you get a half gcse

Well, I did a short course in Citizenship which is equivalent to half of a full course GCSE.
Reply 14
I think it's at least 13.
Reply 15
10 :smile:
Reply 16
11 and two of those weird OCR ICT qualifications....
Reply 17
I'm taking 11, plus a compulsory Btech :smile:
12 and a BTEC in public services (don't ask!)...
10 and also add maths, I didn't come here to brag about how many I am doing (as many people would have done substantially more than me), the point I came here to make is that although this thread may fill with people doing 15 or 16, what is the point of doing that many, some people will find them hard and some will not but I am doing ten and I like 3 of the subjects I am doing, and the general consensus between my friends and I (not a large group admittedly) is that many of the GCSE's students won't like all of them and although they are given the chance to experience more subjects, I think that the more people do, they tend to think they are smarter than others, but this is not the case! (sorry for the rant my friend pissed me off with this idea of being superior due to having more GCSE's, so don't worry about what others are taking I am sure you are doing an adequate if not more so, amount of GCSE's-It is all about the A levels I believe :biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest