The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adamstandage
Holymoly that's a lot of plays, especially when you consider how long (e.g.) Paysage d'Hiver songs are haha

Just the result of insomnia, books and music rly.

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Marginally. Although the Truly Grim Paradigm group is ****ing ridiculous. Join the Extreme Music Forum instead.

http://www.last.fm/user/Joe_Towse by the way.

Ridiculous in what way? That despite being fairly small it's very active, that it has 'real' music fans and that I've discovered more good music through it than almost any other place on the internet, i.e. it's basically one of the few groups on last.fm worth being in?

Yeah. It's pretty ridiculous. ;p

Haha. Outa curiosity I tried to find the largest group wondering how many shouts it has. That 'people with no social lives...' thing that is apparently mandatory for anyone that wants to be cool has 1.1 shouts per member. GRIMFROSTPARADIGM has 593. Obviously 593x as awesome.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by concubine
Good album. Backed hard. With my penis. Which is always hard. Because I'm a men.

These guys sound kinda like Altar of Plagues meets Deathspell Omega. Maybe with some Shining. And they're really good.

Off the top of my head the only Russian BM I can think of that's better is Walknut.

This is AWESOME. Best new band I've heard this year.

Oh, as for the last.fm thing everyone is doing:

Your musical compatibility with steal_briefcase is SUPER
Music you have in common includes Dødsengel, Drudkh, Hate Forest, Deathspell Omega and Forteresse.

Your musical compatibility with Joe_Towse is HIGH
Music you have in common includes Sol Invictus, Alcest, Wodensthrone, Burzum and Proclamation.

Your musical compatibility with betacra5 is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes Mgła, Ne Obliviscaris, Deathspell Omega, Agalloch and Proclamation.

Your musical compatibility with Manitude is MEDIUM
Music you have in common includes Winterfylleth, Amon Amarth, Burzum, Falkenbach and Fen.

High fives all round.
Your musical compatibility with betacra5 is LOW
Music you have in common includes Death, Abyssal, Fen, Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd.

Your musical compatibility with AdamStandage is VERY LOW
Music you have in common includes Burzum, Abyssal, Death, Sigur Rós and Pink Floyd.

Oh well.

Ridiculous in what way? That despite being fairly small it's very active, that it has 'real' music fans and that I've discovered more good music through it than almost any other place on the internet, i.e. it's basically one of the few groups on last.fm worth being in?

Yeah. It's pretty ridiculous. ;p

Haha. Outa curiosity I tried to find the largest group wondering how many shouts it has. That 'people with no social lives...' thing that is apparently mandatory for anyone that wants to be cool has 1.1 shouts per member. GRIMFROSTPARADIGM has 593. Obviously 593x as awesome.

Ridiculous as in the entry standards seem to change every day and the conversation isn't very good - I've been a member twice but didn't stick around.

Also, the Extreme Music Forum has 731 shouts/member. Suck on that. :wink:
New to this forum and thought I would post in this thread cause, well I love metal. I like deathmetal, trash metal, deathcore, some hardcore and just metal metal. So hi, what's everyones favourite band?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What is this?

I'll have to listen again with my earphones, but it sounds like Linkin Park or something :s-smilie:
Original post by + polarity -

What is this?

I'll have to listen again with my earphones, but it sounds like Linkin Park or something :s-smilie:

THIS VIDEO IS PRIVATE.

Periphery are one of the most overrated bands ever anyway.

Some of Bulb's music was cool when it was instrumental, but... Worst singers ever.

Ridiculous as in the entry standards seem to change every day and the conversation isn't very good - I've been a member twice but didn't stick around.

Also, the Extreme Music Forum has 731 shouts/member. Suck on that. :wink:

Somehow I doubt the conversation in the EMF will be all that different at all, or any better

Why join twice? And seeing as I've been active there for ages, and don't recognise your user name at all, I'm inclined to believe you're one of those that joined - for whatever reason - and then said nothing. ;p Regardless, the main reason I joined was to find new music, and I'm near certain there isn't going to be a better group on last.fm for discovering the kind of music I want.

The entry requirements don't change, because there aren't set entry requirements, it's just a filter against people who aren't active and/or like ****ty music.
(edited 11 years ago)
THIS VIDEO IS PRIVATE.

Periphery are one of the most overrated bands ever anyway.

Some of Bulb's music was cool when it was instrumental, but... Worst singers ever.

Somehow I doubt the conversation in the EMF will be all that different at all, or any better

Why join twice? And seeing as I've been active there for ages, and don't recognise your user name at all, I'm inclined to believe you're one of those that joined - for whatever reason - and then said nothing. ;p Regardless, the main reason I joined was to find new music, and I'm near certain there isn't going to be a better group on last.fm for discovering the kind of music I want.

The entry requirements don't change, because there aren't set entry requirements, it's just a filter against people who aren't active and/or like ****ty music.

Eh, I'll go for it again and see if things have changed. It just always seemed like a moderately more refined version of Metal Hell. I posted a few times but there were just too many dull threads for a really decent conversation to take place.
Original post by adamstandage
But INCANTATION [this isn't me saying they're a better grind band btw, seeing as they're not a grind band, just me saying Incantation(!) are more significant on that list or something]

TBH I don't listen to them much or know Incantation very well. I think I heard like one album once and I don't remember if it was good or bad. Don't think I still have it on my harddrive and I rarely download music anymore. I might hear it again at some point though. Gridlink are probably in my top 5 grind bands, despite their 12 minute "full lengths"
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by + polarity -

What is this?

You make it sound like that's a bad thing?

Their latest two albums have been really good.

That clip isn't bad I guess, I can see the similarity to LP.
OCOAI are disbanding D:
Your musical compatibility with steal_briefcase is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes GZA/Genius, Velvet Cacoon, The Angelic Process, Nadja and Wu-Tang Clan

Music you have in common includes Fugazi, Ne Obliviscaris, Pink Floyd, Refused and Death.

****ing A.

Your musical compatibility with AdamStandage is HIGH
Music you have in common includes Fugazi, Converge, Gorguts, Nasum and Refused.

Your musical compatibility with Joe_Towse is HIGH
Music you have in common includes Nasum, ****...I'm Dead, Alcest, Napalm Death and Converge.

For those who received friend requests from someone:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jamesofchaos
IT'S MEEEEE, HURRRRRRRRRR :ahee:
Incantation are so ****ing good.
Reply 6673
Original post by Drunk Punx
Music you have in common includes Fugazi, Ne Obliviscaris, Pink Floyd, Refused and Death.

****ing A.

For those who received friend requests from someone:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jamesofchaos
IT'S MEEEEE, HURRRRRRRRRR :ahee:

EDIT: NVM it worked!

PS: Good taste bro, really good.
4 letters. ACDC.
Reply 6675
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
TBH I don't listen to them much or know Incantation very well. I think I heard like one album once and I don't remember if it was good or bad. Don't think I still have it on my harddrive and I rarely download music anymore. I might hear it again at some point though. Gridlink are probably in my top 5 grind bands, despite their 12 minute "full lengths"

You should look up a couple of tracks on youtube or something, maybe Rotting Spiritual Embodiment? For Gridlink I think i just about prefer Amber Gray to Orphan but yeah, they riff hard etc etc

Incantation are so ****ing good.

Yeahhhhh man (have a pos+), only heard their first 4 albums but the first two in particular are intense
Original post by gazzagoalie
4 letters. ACDC.

you forgot the lightning bolt
Anyone know if the Amazon mp3 store is any good? I finally snapped and decided I NEED to get the last two tracks of Engla Tocyme that Itunes has prevented me from buying (It claims BOTH of my cards are invalid payment types...also I only have 1p less credit than whatever one song is)
There's very little point in getting the CD now as I have most of the tracks already, plus Forefather don't get any money from their older releases which aren't on Seven Kingdoms.
I got an album from them once and it was ok. I hate mp3s, but my voucher said Amazon MP3 so I assumed I had to get them. Turns out I could have gotten the CD for cheaper *rage*

But yeah they're fine. I can't remember if you can get 320KB/S or 256 though, if it were 256 I wouldn't bother if I were you

Also the new song by the gathering is ****ing awesome.
Eh, the songs I got from itunes were 256 and are decent enough. I'm not convinced the production quality of Forefather is sufficient to merit 320.

Just looking at what music I already have, most of it seems to be 256...except Epoch which is 1411 :redface:

Latest