The Student Room Group

Aqa info 3 - 12/06/2012

Hey,
anyone doing aqa info 3 in summer, 12/06/2012?
Also, does anyone have the january 2012 paper?
I can't find it online.
Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing it...bricking ittt!

and no i dont :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by mrdellow
Try this!

Thank you ever so much!
This paper was decent, how the hell did i manage to get a C? :/
meh ..anyway Thanks again. :smile:
Reply 4
I AM!
I'm really nervous, especially about the Pre-Release!
Reply 5
Original post by CraziiFreak
Hey,
anyone doing aqa info 3 in summer, 12/06/2012?
Also, does anyone have the january 2012 paper?
I can't find it online.
Thanks.

I've got em!:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Bizzya
I AM!
I'm really nervous, especially about the Pre-Release!

Yeah same! I think the paper in jan was so much nicer than the past ones.. but i don't know i wasn't in great mood to do the exam.. LOL
How are you revising for it?
I'm just making notes on each topics and then do past papers?
Reply 7
Yeah same! I think the paper in jan was so much nicer than the past ones.. but i don't know i wasn't in great mood to do the exam.. LOL
How are you revising for it?
I'm just making notes on each topics and then do past papers?

I'm reading my various textbooks, making mind maps on each topic etc! In class we've done all but one past paper which I'll save for later!!
Reply 8
Why on earth are there TWELVE topics? Too much to learn :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Tension
Why on earth are there TWELVE topics? Too much to learn :frown:

I agree, and some topics are damn long! But then again, some of it is pure common sense! So don't over think in the exam.
Reply 10
Original post by Bizzya
I'm reading my various textbooks, making mind maps on each topic etc! In class we've done all but one past paper which I'll save for later!!

Various textbooks?! you have time! I just about managing one book, haha. Yeah i tried doing mind maps.. but i can't keep up with it. Oh good good. We've done all past papers in school aswell but I'm re-doing them all and carefully analysing the mark scheme because AQA are so picky and give marks for ridiculous things!
Anyways good luck to you!
Reply 11
Essential-ICT-for-AQA-A2-level-(Textbook)-(Essential-ICT).jpg

I find the textbook above really useful, breaks everything down into small chunks and most things are bullet pointed - Ideal for revision. It's a bit lengthy but definitely worth a read.
Reply 12
Let's say the business goal was to increase market share.
The strategy was to develop a website.
Policy was to employ a web developer to develop a secure site.

That policy doesn't actually go under Procurement, Training or any of the other policies in the book..so where does it go? Is it just a general policy?
Reply 13
Various textbooks?! you have time! I just about managing one book, haha. Yeah i tried doing mind maps.. but i can't keep up with it. Oh good good. We've done all past papers in school aswell but I'm re-doing them all and carefully analysing the mark scheme because AQA are so picky and give marks for ridiculous things!
Anyways good luck to you!

Good luck to you too!
Reply 14
Original post by newguy123
Let's say the business goal was to increase market share.
The strategy was to develop a website.
Policy was to employ a web developer to develop a secure site.

That policy doesn't actually go under Procurement, Training or any of the other policies in the book..so where does it go? Is it just a general policy?

I was thinking that too.

Perhaps it goes under the training policy as the web designer must be appropriately trained to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to create the site. As the site may be complex (may require a secure payment system etc.), the employed web designer must undergo a series of training assessments before the organisation allow him to create the actual thing.
Reply 15
Original post by Tension
I was thinking that too.

Perhaps it goes under the training policy as the web designer must be appropriately trained to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to create the site. As the site may be complex (may require a secure payment system etc.), the employed web designer must undergo a series of training assessments before the organisation allow him to create the actual thing.

Ah, make sense.

What would you guys write for this:

6 Discuss the issues involved in testing large ICT systems. (15 marks)

Apart from Costs/Time constrains?
Reply 16
Anyone got the pre-release material???
Reply 17
Original post by EhsanA
Anyone got the pre-release material???

Here you go. Hope it helps. :smile:
Reply 18
tyvm :biggrin:
Reply 19
Does anyone know a good website to revise info 3 fromm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending