The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Has anyone else still not heard anything from 42 Bedford Row? I haven't heard anything either way and no update on PP either, so I'm assuming rejection by silence..? Also, I haven't had a phone call from 9 Gough Square this afternoon, who are my ideal set, so I'm assuming a rejection from them as well :frown:
Reply 1101
Original post by Wildman
On application options I am "decision made 29th May" but haven't heard anything. Methinks that is a rejection waiting to happen.

I also have decision made 29th May but received an email invite shortly after, then had PP updated to 'invited to first interview'.
Original post by zara82
I have got an invite too and PP was updated couple of minutes thereafter.
This was 2 days ago.

Yeah my PP still says under consideration so I think it's a rejection waiting to happen. Just hope it's not by silence!
Original post by K_L_Richmond
just got a phone call offering a first round interview for 9 Gough Square. Does anyone know their interview format?

20 mins, informal chat. Been told "you don't need to prepare."
Reply 1104
Just out of interest. Hope some do not regard this as a too stupid question.
As regards chambers that phone you to tell the good news (ie Furnival, 23 Essex Street etc), what happen if they cant reach you (let's say you are away abroad)?
Will they then just email or take it as I did not show sufficient interest and reject me after trying couple of times?
I think they're psychic............ my 187 Fleet Street rejection just cam through via email.
Reply 1106
Original post by Chilbaldi
I've just had a look at my applications from last year @ pupillages.com/archive

187 Fleet Street didn't do the "decision made on x May 2011" last year. The application options went straight from receipt to rejected (on 28th May 2011).

That doesn't really help, but thought you might want to know.

May be the "decision made" thing is something new they only started doing this year as I dont recall anyone mentioning it last year.
Reply 1107
Pupillage applicants and June/July holidays don't mix.

Original post by zara82
Just out of interest. Hope some do not regard this as a too stupid question.
As regards chambers that phone you to tell the good news (ie Furnival, 23 Essex Street etc), what happen if they cant reach you (let's say you are away abroad)?
Will they then just email or take it as I did not show sufficient interest and reject me after trying couple of times?
Reply 1108
Original post by TakeTwo
Pupillage applicants and June/July holidays don't mix.

MMM.... That means I assume that I dont have a choice except making myself available on the phone, even if abroad. Did not really plan it but gonna be away now for 10 days or so from next week. Hope IF someone phones then hopefully it happens thereafter.
Reply 1109
Original post by Wildman
most phones work abroad?

Hope so:smile:
Was just hoping that someone would say, they would email regardless...But never mind. I should have known better.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1110
Original post by zara82
MMM.... That means I assume that I dont have a choice except making myself available on the phone, even if abroad. Did not really plan it but gonna be away now for 10 days or so from next week. Hope IF someone phones then hopefully it happens thereafter.

I agree though, my phone signal is terrible at home and I work so can't answer my phone!!! I hope chambers will leave a message.....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tnedutS waL
Thanks for the info. Where did you go to university, if you don't mind my asking?

(For the record, it wasn't me who neg-repped you. I refuse to do so (with the exception of trolls who give deliberately misleading or knowingly wrong posts) on these boards as I think we are all above such petty and really, quite pointless displays of disapproval - if we disagree we should say so!)

Oxbridge, I got a 2.1.
Original post by zara82
As far as I remember, dont think so. Those that did in batches was 23 Essex Street and 6KBW. (But I might be wrong) Hope someone else can confirm too.

Last year 5 Paper Buildings made interview offers by telephone. As I recall it took several days because the calls were being made only in the evenings by one person. It may be that they are taking the same approach this year but through the portal.
Reply 1113
Anyone heard from 11KBW?

PP says decision made on May 24, although I haven't heard anything...

Anyone else in this position? I suspect it's a rejection since I did not do a mini with them and they state that it is highly unlikely that one would be offered an interview had they not.
Original post by Stejoe
Anyone heard from 11KBW?

PP says decision made on May 24, although I haven't heard anything...

Anyone else in this position? I suspect it's a rejection since I did not do a mini with them and they state that it is highly unlikely that one would be offered an interview had they not.

Wasted application I suspect. I did an unassessed mini-pupillage with them and was told you had to do an assessed mini to be considered for full pupillage.

Of course there is an exception for "exceptional" candidates. But given they're one of the snootier sets for academics I think that means you have to have obtained a double first from Oxbridge while still a foetus or something.
Trinity Chambers rejection on Portal.....Hope its not the start of a trend!
Reply 1116
Original post by ProppingUpTheBar
Wasted application I suspect. I did an unassessed mini-pupillage with them and was told you had to do an assessed mini to be considered for full pupillage.

Of course there is an exception for "exceptional" candidates. But given they're one of the snootier sets for academics I think that means you have to have obtained a double first from Oxbridge while still a foetus or something.

Lol- I thought as much! I only applied, despite this hurdle, as I had only applied to 11 and didn't want to waste an application. I'm just confused as it continues to say it is under consideration as opposed to rejected. Ah well, I believe it is a rejection, would just like confirmation!
Reply 1117
Original post by Stejoe
Lol- I thought as much! I only applied, despite this hurdle, as I had only applied to 11 and didn't want to waste an application. I'm just confused as it continues to say it is under consideration as opposed to rejected. Ah well, I believe it is a rejection, would just like confirmation!

I have the same from a ciminal set, these sets don't generally make decisions that early.

I think about 10 pages ago that someone posted that the "decision made" on PP could mean that they had updated something or changed something, not necessarily that they have made a decision about your application.

It can mean that of course, just not necessarily.
Original post by zara82
Hope so:smile:
Was just hoping that someone would say, they would email regardless...But never mind. I should have known better.

Hello,

Last year I had a final round for an in house pupillage, and they couldn't get my email address to work, so made attempts to call me too. I think they will try and at least get hold of you several ways if one fails.

With regards the August good news, for those lucky enough to received them, pupillage offers must stay open for 2 weeks, so in that respect if you're away and miss a call etc, you'll have some time to get back to them. That being said, I don't know how stringently this is followed.
Reply 1119
It looks as though OLPAS may be tightening up the regime with those chambers that omitted to advertise pupillage on the Portal. As we know the CPS legal trainee scheme was reopened and the same has now happened with Queen Square in Bristol which has been added to the Portal today/yesterday (original deadline was back in March).
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending