The Student Room Group

Pizza Hut

Anyone work for pizza hut?
What is the pay like? And what did you have to do at the interview?
I am thinking of applying for buffet host? or team member?
Reply 1
My friend worked there briefly. I don't know what the interview was like but I know the pay was absolutely pitiful.

She quit after about a month because they were pretty unreasonable about her hours.
Reply 2
I used to work there for 3 months, on £3.64 an hour absolutely hated it!
Reply 3
I've worked at Pizza Hut since April 2011, and I love it. I worked at a large store in a retail park, and it was ok. Moved to Cardiff, transferred to a Hut here and now I love it. Everyone's friendly, the work isn't awful, and as for wages - if you're Front of House, you keep all your own tips and it really boosts your earnings. You can do anything from £10-£60+ per shift :smile:
Reply 4
I'm assuming that quite a lot of people who work for Pizza Hut will see this; you front of house people are genuinely awesome. It is some of the friendliest service you can get. Now I don't know if there's a big box of happy pills through the back to create this or something but I do know I like it. Keep it up.
Reply 5
Original post by Norton1
I'm assuming that quite a lot of people who work for Pizza Hut will see this; you front of house people are genuinely awesome. It is some of the friendliest service you can get. Now I don't know if there's a big box of happy pills through the back to create this or something but I do know I like it. Keep it up.

No happy pills! Just the Pizza Hut "hand-shake" we're meant to use with every customer - a set of five steps to follow to give great service. And we're supposed to treat all customers as if we're their "friend on the inside" :smile:
That, and we live in the hope people will fill out the surveys mentioned on their receipts :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by dougalbug
No happy pills! Just the Pizza Hut "hand-shake" we're meant to use with every customer - a set of five steps to follow to give great service. And we're supposed to treat all customers as if we're their "friend on the inside" :smile:
That, and we live in the hope people will fill out the surveys mentioned on their receipts :wink:

Do you get something if I fill in the survey? If so I will start filling them in.
Reply 7
Yep - we get the Area Managers to stop threatening us with disciplinaries if we don't start getting more.
And most Huts offer internal incentives to their staff if they get a certain amount a week etc :smile: but seriously? We appreciate it so, so much when they get filled in.
I was wondering, as a team member what are the different things that you do?
Reply 9
Original post by chlodobaggins
I was wondering, as a team member what are the different things that you do?

Team Member is the generic title given to all members of staff that aren't management.
This is split into two: FOH and BOH. Front of House, these days you start as a "Salad Chef", which is basically just filling and maintaining the salad bar. After a while, you move on to waiting. Some stores have set Buffet Hosts, some just schedule people in to do so some weeks, waiting others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending