The Student Room Group

How much is my signed Man Utd shirt worth?

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing. I have a signed Manchester United shirt from the Treble winning season and am thinking about selling it. It's signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and the rest of the squad from that season. It has a certificate of authenticity and everything, I won it in a competition from Old Trafford when I was six haha.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to sell it but I'm really intrigued as to what it would fetch, I know Beckham's signature is valuable, am I best holding onto to it for a few years or selling it now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Here's one going for just shy of 300 quid.

http://www.united-collectables.co.uk/manutdcollectablesshop/prod_1301545-1998-1999-Manchester-United-Signed-Treble-Season-Home-Shirt-.html

That one, though, is signed by only 5 players, while you have the whole squad. Perhaps 500, then?
Reply 2
I personally wouldn't sell it. Yeah, you might get a good price for it. But that money will be spent. You will never get that shirt again if you do sell it. Bro, it has sentimental value beyond measure no doubt. Being a fellow Man Utd supporter, if I were you, I would hold onto that shirt for the rest of my days !
Reply 3
Why would you even consider selling something like that?
Reply 4
You're obviously not a true fan, if you're considering selling something like that.
Reply 5
Original post by 3309will
You're obviously not a true fan, if you're considering selling something like that.

to be fair I think the guy is saying he's just wondering, not that he is actually going to sell it.
If I had a signed Villa shirt I'd never sell it but then i'd probably only get about £2.50 for it
Reply 6
I'm not a fan of MU but don't sell it! It's not something you could buy anywhere and since you've the entire team and the manager as well, frame it! lol.
I'm gonna get a signed Chelsea treble winning shirt 2012 - 2013
Original post by Nil By Mouth
I'm gonna get a signed Chelsea treble winning shirt 2012 - 2013

And I'm gonna turn into an ostrich by sticking a hoover up my arse.
Original post by Drunk Punx
And I'm gonna turn into an ostrich by sticking a hoover up my arse.

Good Idea! You already got your head buried in the sand, if you think you're gonna win any thing next season.
Original post by Nil By Mouth
Good Idea! You already got your head buried in the sand, if you think you're gonna win any thing next season.

I never specified who I support...
Original post by Drunk Punx
I never specified who I support...

Doesn't matter, like I said Chelsea =- winner takes all
Original post by lewisd17
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing. I have a signed Manchester United shirt from the Treble winning season and am thinking about selling it. It's signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and the rest of the squad from that season. It has a certificate of authenticity and everything, I won it in a competition from Old Trafford when I was six haha.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to sell it but I'm really intrigued as to what it would fetch, I know Beckham's signature is valuable, am I best holding onto to it for a few years or selling it now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thats wicked, you should definitely keep it, dont ever sell it but if you did wait for a longer time that way price still keeps going up. Thats what im doing with my Barcelona shirt from 08/09 season. Keep it as something in your room or what not its a great conversation piece i bet. Yours will be worth more then my Barca piece because its older and its got a Beckham signature. Plus I am missing a few players like Henry, Marquez and Bojan. I think yours would be worth over 500ish quid but don't sell it.
I'll buy it for a fiver.

In all seriousness, probably worth a bit but then would you not miss it later if you did decide to sell?
Same price as your local superstore is selling toilet roll, the home brand rolls at that.
Reply 15
Keep hold of it until you're older.
Reply 16
Never sell it.
Reply 17
How much would you pay for toilet paper?

#west ham 4 eva
Your not a REAL Man Utd fan are you, if you sell it. :frown:
I know you're only wondering what it could fetch, and I'm all for making some quick money, but please don't sell it - the sentimental value of the signed shirt would be much more than the monetary value :sadnod:

Latest