The Student Room Group

Media Studies OCR G325 15th June!

Anyone else doing this exam? What are your predictions!?

Scroll to see replies

Yes I am! Do you mean my predicted grade or what may come up?
Reply 2
hi so am i.. predictions on what may come up?
Reply 3
does anyone have the jan 2012 paper. cant find it ANYWHERE !
Original post by stuck18
does anyone have the jan 2012 paper. cant find it ANYWHERE !

http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/rep_12/ocr_67202_rep_12_gce_jan.pdf? thats the report on the exam (if you scroll to the bottem) and i think from quickly reading it it was on 1a-production 1b-representation and the other-which ever one you've researched :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MissDamiDams
Yes I am! Do you mean my predicted grade or what may come up?

On what may come up! I'm hoping digital technology for 1a doesn't come up... that could be difficult. As for 1b, I'm hoping either representation or narrative... though I'm guessing it'll be media language as that hasn't come up yet.
Reply 6
Original post by toschoolforcool
http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/rep_12/ocr_67202_rep_12_gce_jan.pdf? thats the report on the exam (if you scroll to the bottem) and i think from quickly reading it it was on 1a-production 1b-representation and the other-which ever one you've researched :smile:

1a - Production? Isn't it conventions from real media texts? Definitely wasn't post-production.
Reply 7
What has everyone been studying for media regulation? :smile:
Reply 8
im so screwed for 1a and 1b
no idea how to answer those
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by y-y
im so screwed for 1a and 1b
no idea how to answer those

omg same. I really hope digital technology comes up for part a .. but i have a feeling creativity will come up. and i have no idea what to talk about in creativity. as for part b.. any of them except genre and media language -__-
what topic u doing for section b ?
Reply 11
what are we supposed to talk about if they ask about 'media language' in part 1b ?
Reply 12
Original post by stuck18
omg same. I really hope digital technology comes up for part a .. but i have a feeling creativity will come up. and i have no idea what to talk about in creativity. as for part b.. any of them except genre and media language -__-
what topic u doing for section b ?

I dont even know the difference between them!!
thats how screwed I am
what the hell is production practise?
my teacher predicted for a) creativity or post production, and for b) media language
im studying it now and im slowly grasping the concept
should have started when study leave began on 11 may :frown:
ah well, theres always the AS grades to pull us up :colondollar:
Reply 13
Original post by stuck18
what are we supposed to talk about if they ask about 'media language' in part 1b ?

this is what i have:
- the way the meaning is made using conventions of particular mediaum, and types of media product. considering how media texts communicate (to audience).
- relation to written language to convey meaning (if written text uses a short sentence - could convey danger)

i dont even know what im on about
what did you do for the coursework? i did newspaper for A2, and music magazine for AS
Reply 14
Original post by y-y
this is what i have:
- the way the meaning is made using conventions of particular mediaum, and types of media product. considering how media texts communicate (to audience).
- relation to written language to convey meaning (if written text uses a short sentence - could convey danger)

i dont even know what im on about
what did you do for the coursework? i did newspaper for A2, and music magazine for AS

i have no idea what that means ^ . for as i did music magazine and for a2 i did music video. i have a feeling for part 1b media language will come up because its never come up before (not even in jan 2012) .. ahh why is it always our year group?! .. 1a i suppose we can bs our way through nicely because we dont have to no any theorist for that.
Reply 15
Original post by y-y
I dont even know the difference between them!!
thats how screwed I am
what the hell is production practise?
my teacher predicted for a) creativity or post production, and for b) media language
im studying it now and im slowly grasping the concept
should have started when study leave began on 11 may :frown:
ah well, theres always the AS grades to pull us up :colondollar:

i really don't no .. is creativity like how inventive u were :| ?! and post production is the editing bit of ur newspaper/music vid/music mag .

what u dong for section b? im doing collective identity.
Reply 16
Original post by stuck18
i have no idea what that means ^ . for as i did music magazine and for a2 i did music video. i have a feeling for part 1b media language will come up because its never come up before (not even in jan 2012) .. ahh why is it always our year group?! .. 1a i suppose we can bs our way through nicely because we dont have to no any theorist for that.

thats so true!! our year is always the guinea pigs for everything
Reply 17
Original post by stuck18
i really don't no .. is creativity like how inventive u were :| ?! and post production is the editing bit of ur newspaper/music vid/music mag .

what u dong for section b? im doing collective identity.

im doing contemporary media regulation
creativity is you researching existing products but adding some creativity so its within the same genre but it stands out from existing products
post production is the penultimate stage - the editing stage
Reply 18
Original post by y-y
im doing contemporary media regulation
creativity is you researching existing products but adding some creativity so its within the same genre but it stands out from existing products
post production is the penultimate stage - the editing stage

ok thankyou. damnnn. how you finding section b ? and aparantly its better to do section B first, then section A .. ? and do u think 2 hours is enough to answer all 3 q's ?
Reply 19
Original post by stuck18
ok thankyou. damnnn. how you finding section b ? and aparantly its better to do section B first, then section A .. ? and do u think 2 hours is enough to answer all 3 q's ?

i think id do better in section B than A
so im going to do A first
and yeah just split the time equally
30 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour
should be fine if you write fast
and remember, quality not quantity - always relate to the question, dont waffle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending