The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Shabba101
The recent shootings and stabbings perhaps? You only have to drive through it to realise its a rough place. 60% of the houses are boarded up.

wut?

60% of the houses in liverpool are boarded up, intradasting.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 621
Original post by sconter
wut?

last night Joey Barton a famous footballer was beat up outside a gay club called Garlands.
Reply 622
last night Joey Barton a famous footballer was beat up outside a gay club called Garlands.

understandable, hes a ****.

fights outside clubs are common anywhere.
Reply 623
Original post by sconter
wut?

Reply 624
Original post by sconter
understandable, hes a ****.

fights outside clubs are common anywhere.

true but the fact your trying to say liverpool isnt a rough place is hilarious.
Reply 625
true but the fact your trying to say liverpool isnt a rough place is hilarious.

it really isnt. some areas are, as a whole its fine.
Reply 626
Original post by sconter
it really isnt. some areas are, as a whole its fine.

name one part of Liverpool which isnt rough?
Original post by niksta
Hey :smile: I've got a conditional offer for dentistry, and I've chosen prospect point as it's pretty close to the centre and I don't think I could get up early enough to wait for a bus :tongue: I wouldn't really suggest melville court, when I went to the accom open day it seemed really quite and secluded. Carnatic and Greenbank is where most 1st years go, and it is really studenty there, but you have to get the bus in to campus, and apparently at greenbank you may have to wait around 40mins for a bus. On campus, mulberry court and philharmonic seem pretty studenty, but they're quite old (creaky floorboard etc). Vine court looks like it will be quite good and full of first years, but it's £120-150 per week. I think the Uni are making Prospect point more a first year place, prospect point is ensuite, self catering and 5 mins from the main campus and town. Sorry for the long paragraph :tongue: x

I've recently graduated from The Uni of Livs and I would strongly recommend the Carnatic/Greenbank off campus accommodation. Whilst it may not be extremely beautiful accommodation the social life is fantastic. I applied for Mulberry court and Philharmonic however they were more for older students, people who had deferred entry, international students. If you want fun as a first year then halls is great. I was placed in Rankin Hall, Carnatic. However having said that there are some new halls on campus that are nearly finished being built...

Depends what you're after with regards to accommodation, but if you've already made your choice I am sure you'll make the best of wherever you're placed :smile:

Liverpool is the best city for social and nightlife, so I doubt you'll be in your accommodation much in first year anyway!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 628
Does anyone have any idea when we'll hear back about housing assignments?

Specifically for postgrads? I still have a conditional offer (graduation ceremony is this weekend!) if that makes any difference...
name one part of Liverpool which isnt rough?

You need to get out and see other cities, this is what they're like. I've moved here from Nottingham where a small walk out of the centre immediately makes the city feel much less safe, hell a friend of mine was mugged in the main square once.

In Liverpool, I feel much safer. As long as you're not stupid, stick to roads and you're with somebody you can walk back to Carnatic from town without any hassle (It's a trek though, only do it if you're REALLY poor...)
Anyone NOT applied for accom YET?
Reply 631
Original post by writergirl
I've recently graduated from The Uni of Livs and I would strongly recommend the Carnatic/Greenbank off campus accommodation. Whilst it may not be extremely beautiful accommodation the social life is fantastic. I applied for Mulberry court and Philharmonic however they were more for older students, people who had deferred entry, international students. If you want fun as a first year then halls is great. I was placed in Rankin Hall, Carnatic. However having said that there are some new halls on campus that are nearly finished being built...

Depends what you're after with regards to accommodation, but if you've already made your choice I am sure you'll make the best of wherever you're placed :smile:

Liverpool is the best city for social and nightlife, so I doubt you'll be in your accommodation much in first year anyway!

Hey thanks for the advice :smile: I've already applied for the campus ones, mainly because I don't think I would get up in time to catch the bus :tongue: but hey ho I'll probably join some societies and whatnots anyway... by the way are there any student societies you would recommend joining? :smile:
Original post by niksta
Hey thanks for the advice :smile: I've already applied for the campus ones, mainly because I don't think I would get up in time to catch the bus :tongue: but hey ho I'll probably join some societies and whatnots anyway... by the way are there any student societies you would recommend joining? :smile:

Absolutely fair play to you on that one :smile: I think you'll have a wonderful time here (biased as I am) wherever you live.

Oooh good societies, well depending on where your interests lie, if you like writing like I do there's a good set of magazines and the online student newspaper to get involved in, if you like music and performing music there's band societies, orchestras and choirs. If you relish art, and drawing, there's life class society and then there's active promoting things like 'equal rights' and things like that if you're into getting your voice heard. Volunteering, RAG (raise and give) always good for the spare time, but the society for your course is a definite good one to join, I guarantee. Aside from that, there's tonnes of sports, including fencing, judo and even surfing!
Or there's drama soc (they're great) and photography, if you're creative. Honestly, i'm beginning to sound like a prospectus but if you can deduce anything from my essay of information overload is that there's a wealth of choice of societies.
If you want any advice about Liverpool, ever, feel free to PM me at any time. I've worked many open days as a representative so i'm used to lots of questions :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 633
Original post by writergirl
Absolutely fair play to you on that one :smile: I think you'll have a wonderful time here (biased as I am) wherever you live.

Oooh good societies, well depending on where your interests lie, if you like writing like I do there's a good set of magazines and the online student newspaper to get involved in, if you like music and performing music there's band societies, orchestras and choirs. If you relish art, and drawing, there's life class society and then there's active promoting things like 'equal rights' and things like that if you're into getting your voice heard. Volunteering, RAG (raise and give) always good for the spare time, but the society for your course is a definite good one to join, I guarantee. Aside from that, there's tonnes of sports, including fencing, judo and even surfing!
Or there's drama soc (they're great) and photography, if you're creative. Honestly, i'm beginning to sound like a prospectus but if you can deduce anything from my essay of information overload is that there's a wealth of choice of societies.
If you want any advice about Liverpool, ever, feel free to PM me at any time. I've worked many open days as a representative so i'm used to lots of questions :smile:

Thanks! :smile: That's really helpful :smile:
Reply 634
does anyone know how good is the liverpool rugby team?
Reply 635
I think its a bit late to apply for accomodation but better late than never..tbh i dont mind were i go as long as there ppl there lol. and how do i even apply for acomodation :s-smilie:
Reply 636
Original post by stunnaman
I think its a bit late to apply for accomodation but better late than never..tbh i dont mind were i go as long as there ppl there lol. and how do i even apply for acomodation :s-smilie:

The link for the application will be in your invitation email which the university would have sent to you.

LilcompT
Reply 637
Original post by LilcompT
The link for the application will be in your invitation email which the university would have sent to you.

LilcompT

thnx i found it. am applying for greenbank ratherbone and carnatic dont know which 2 choose from in carnatic??
Reply 638
I've applied for

#1 Dale
#2 Rankin
#3 Morton

All catered :smile: I was so sure I'd want self-catered and en-suite.. But after doing lots and lots of research I decided on those three :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
1st Preference: Campus, Prospect Point, Self Catered En-suite

2nd Preference: Campus, Liberty Park, Self Catered En-suite

3rd Preference: Campus, Mulberry Court, Self Catered

Wasn't expecting to find out where they put me until August but after coming on here I have seen that because I have an Unconditional offer then I should find out quite soon :smile: I'm really excited and I'd be extremely happy with either my first or second choices!
Also hoping I get some nice flat mates :P
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending