Tiffin girls ?

Yep, you from the boys?
Reply 41
hey! i got a conditional offer there :P
Reply 42
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
I'm at UCL doing geography :smile:

Yep, you from the boys?

Yeah :tongue: So we might have walked past each other if you had come to the boys school during the general studies periods :colone:
Reply 43
Original post by blueray
You thinking about going? :biggrin:

I'm not too sure.. I have heard the teachers there don't try as hard because the students are already quite gifted, I've got offers from Langley and Herschel Grammar also, but now doing my GCSE's I don't think I have done as well :'( I don't know if every student feels like that, but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.
Reply 44
Original post by ColdKant
I'm not too sure.. I have heard the teachers there don't try as hard because the students are already quite gifted, I've got offers from Langley and Herschel Grammar also, but now doing my GCSE's I don't think I have done as well :'( I don't know if every student feels like that, but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

Hey I studied at Herschel Grammar from year 7-11 then left there for tiffin sixth from to do my A levels, so if you have question on either just ask :smile:
Original post by myyrh
Yeah :tongue: So we might have walked past each other if you had come to the boys school during the general studies periods :colone:

Oh la la... I might even know you :tongue:

Original post by blueray
Lol nah the female gender sign is wrong, only kidding :tongue:

Cool is it fun, what do you do? I wanted to do that :biggrin:

Yeah it's alright, quite a jump though, UCL leave you to your own devices from the start - at least on my course anyway! So was a bit of a struggle but it's alright now... because it's the summer :colone:
Reply 46
Original post by blueray
Go to which is closer tbh :tongue:

Langley's the closest, 20 minutes.. Tiffins however is 3 hours travel total in a day :K:
Reply 47
Original post by myyrh
Hey I studied at Herschel Grammar from year 7-11 then left there for tiffin sixth from to do my A levels, so if you have question on either just ask :smile:

Hey :smile: how's the teaching like at Tiffins?
Reply 48
Hey :smile: how's the teaching like at Tiffins?

In general it's pretty good. Initially you may feel like you're not getting much support but that's mostly down to the rest of students being very bright so the teachers don't always go at a slow pace. However if you actually try and ask a teacher to go over certain topics they would be more than happy to.
Reply 49
Langley's the closest, 20 minutes.. Tiffins however is 3 hours travel total in a day :K:

Well It took me a total of 2 hours each day :redface:
Reply 50

Hey there, I'm currently commuting 3 hours a day to get to my sixth form, it's not that bad, but when your alarm goes off at 6.20 it does make you want to cry!
Reply 51
Original post by myyrh
In general it's pretty good. Initially you may feel like you're not getting much support but that's mostly down to the rest of students being very bright so the teachers don't always go at a slow pace. However if you actually try and ask a teacher to go over certain topics they would be more than happy to.

sounds good.. I look forward to it :smile:
do you still go there? where do you study now?
btw thanks for this :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by hialice
Hey there, I'm currently commuting 3 hours a day to get to my sixth form, it's not that bad, but when your alarm goes off at 6.20 it does make you want to cry!

Anything in the name of education right? :wink:
Reply 53
sounds good.. I look forward to it :smile:
do you still go there? where do you study now?
btw thanks for this :biggrin:

No I left Tiffin last year. I'm on a gap year right now, hoping to start university next year :biggrin:
No worries man, it's always good to talk to someone who's been through it before you decide plus I got all excited when I saw Herschel Grammar in your post, brings back memories :colondollar:
Reply 54
Anything in the name of education right? :wink:

Haha, that's what I keep telling myself! (The worst part is that I have to walk past the local sixth form to get to the station :bawling: )
Reply 55
Original post by myyrh
No I left Tiffin last year. I'm on a gap year right now, hoping to start university next year :biggrin:
No worries man, it's always good to talk to someone who's been through it before you decide plus I got all excited when I saw Herschel Grammar in your post, brings back memories :colondollar:

oo what did you end up getting at a level? and gcse?
sorry I'm just so curious :colondollar:
and yeah when i went Herschel for the interview it looked like a nice school :biggrin:
Reply 56
oo what did you end up getting at a level? and gcse?
sorry I'm just so curious :colondollar:
and yeah when i went Herschel for the interview it looked like a nice school :biggrin:

Not a problem
For GCSEs I got 4A*6A and a C
A level I achieved AAB (AAA as of January)
Yeah I'll admit, as a building it is far newer than tiffin's :tongue: who interviewed you in Herschel?
Reply 57
Original post by myyrh
Not a problem
For GCSEs I got 4A*6A and a C
A level I achieved AAB (AAA as of January)
Yeah I'll admit, as a building it is far newer than tiffin's :tongue: who interviewed you in Herschel?

that's awesome! what are you hoping to study?
and it was some old lady :P it wasn't even much of an interview
they had already picked students they wanted to accept so it was
just a matter of attendance :smile:
Reply 58
that's awesome! what are you hoping to study?
and it was some old lady :P it wasn't even much of an interview
they had already picked students they wanted to accept so it was
just a matter of attendance :smile:

Medicine. lol old lady really narrows it down :cool:
Since you have an offer from tiffin I'm assuming you were interviewed by them too?
Reply 59
Original post by myyrh
Medicine. lol old lady really narrows it down :cool:
Since you have an offer from tiffin I'm assuming you were interviewed by them too?

yeah sorry :P
and what did you do in your gap year?
the headteacher interviewed me for Tiffin :smile:

Quick Reply