Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New Cricket Bat Watch

ReputationRep:
    bb

ReputationRep:
    I certainly enjoyed using the Powerbow (Gray Nicolls) last season, SH, meaty, good at dishing out some big blows.

However, I've used it a couple of times this season at it doesn't seem to be middling as well, I think might have to oil this bat a little more regularly than your normal bat.

But when I used it last year, seemed to have a large middle and felt good. I would also recommend Woodworms if you consider anything else although I hear they might have gone out of business a couple of years ago?

I would check for weight as well, I haven't really been doing much exercise over the last few months and the bat feels a lot heavier than it did last year!

Would recommend it on the whole!

Good luck finding the right bat !

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yep, they went out of business!

I personally buy GM, I bought the new Flare 808 a few weeks back and it's an absolute beauty.

If you want Gray-Nicolls though, I had a net literally a few days ago with my friend's Oblivion and it is a wonderful bat. Got quite a low middle, so if you play on bouncy wickets frequently, probably not for you - but it is fantastic! (Also SLIGHTLY over your budget with this website, but hunt about a bit and it's around £200!)

http://www.owzat-cricket.co.uk/acata...cket_Bats.html

ReputationRep:
    My brother's have Newbury Krakatoa and Newbury B52 Bomber XL

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i

ReputationRep:
    The new hunts range of cricket bats
    are really good, I used a county and a glory and I was smacking the ball everywhere! My favourite gray nicolls though would have to be the kaboom, beast of a bat

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.