The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
On another note, I really didn't expect to get anything out of AKB0048 given its origin, and considered it to be nothing more than an excuse to drum up sales for the actual AKB48 idol group. However, while true and certainly nothing special, it actually has something going for it. Yes, it panders to the moe fan base which is hardly a surprise, but also has a fairly enjoyable insight into what it takes to become an idol, granted with a distinct anime flavour. The animation is also pretty good. :tongue:
Reply 3381
My birthday present from my parent-in-laws has arrived from the UK, Professor Munakata's British Museum Adventure (they're aware of my love of anime and manga). I was aware that Yukinobu had collaborated with the British Museum, but thought nothing more of it until this arrived. From what little I've read, it's an interesting manga, and the first I've read in English. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
My birthday present from my parent-in-laws has arrived from the UK, Professor Munakata's British Museum Adventure (they're aware of my love of anime and manga). I was aware that Yukinobu had collaborated with the British Museum, but thought nothing more of it until this arrived. From what little I've read, it's an interesting manga, and the first I've read in English. :tongue:

I visited London in March and bought the piece from the museum then. I rather liked it, especially the visual side... That's how I usually judge what I read and watch anyways, haha. Now I really want to check out Yukinobu's other work.
Reply 3383
Oh my god the first berserk movie is subbed.:zomg: I didnt even know it was out yet.
My internet speeds are being really slow, again. Which is annoying, as they've been really fast since the time our phone line got fixed in early April. :sigh:

I ended up buying the rest of 7 Billion Needles - my parents kept asking me to order things on Amazon (which took far longer than it should due to said internet speed issues), so I figured I'd buy something for myself while I was there. 'Something' ended up always being 7 Billion Needles, because it's good, it's a little cheaper than most other manga volumes, and because I'm up to date with virtually every other series. Apart from Rave Master... I've been stuck on volume 6 of that for a while, as the 7th volume isn't cheap. :no:
Reply 3385
Original post by vin
Oh my god the first berserk movie is subbed.:zomg: I didnt even know it was out yet.

I haven't heard many good things about Egg, to be honest.
Reply 3386
Original post by Carecup
x

Nothing has really changed for me since the first revisions and drafts were being made.

Muv-Luv, Moyashimon and Yuru Yuri are the main focus for me. Possibly Kokoro Connect. But TE is prime.
Reply 3387
Okay! Blog stuff is up-to-date and I am off work - going to get started on the Summer Preview! I should have it done by the end of the week at the latest (unless I have yet another RSI attack and end up in the hospital again :erm:) - positive thoughts!
Reply 3388
Original post by FinnLassie
I visited London in March and bought the piece from the museum then. I rather liked it, especially the visual side... That's how I usually judge what I read and watch anyways, haha. Now I really want to check out Yukinobu's other work.

Yeah, that's where my parent-in-laws saw it too. I would have liked to have seen the exhibition as well. :sad:
quite enjoyed the first couple eps of hyouka, my kind of show :h: loving chitanda-san, and how she keeps forcing oreki to get off his lazy arse :mmm:

ep3

Spoiler

Original post by Aiko
Accel World is getting better with each episode, so keep with it. :smile: It's one of the few that I genuinely look forward to watching every week.

ah thats good to know, its defo kept me interested so far to keep watching :smile:

Original post by Aiko

aww nice :mmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3390
I really want to emigrate over to MAL from A-P, but the latter's resilience to implement an export feature, which could have easily been developed at the time of the import one, is quite annoying. I understand their stance (they'd rather attract new users than lose them), but even for back up purposes, an export option would be useful. In my case, it's particularly annoying as I've obviously seen quite a bit, and the process of adding everything manually on MAL is not something I really want to do. :frown:
Original post by Aiko
I really want to emigrate over to MAL from A-P, but the latter's resilience to implement an export feature, which could have easily been developed at the time of the import one, is quite annoying. I understand their stance (they'd rather attract new users than lose them), but even for back up purposes, an export option would be useful. In my case, it's particularly annoying as I've obviously seen quite a bit, and the process of adding everything manually on MAL is not something I really want to do. :frown:

Can't say I blame you for not wanting to add everything manually! But I personally prefer MAL over A-P...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I was given a load of birthday money early, so decided to buy the six volumes of Rave Master I was missing. With the exception of one volume they're all coming from America, so its unlikely they'll arrive much before my birthday anyhow. :p: Once they do arrive, I'll effectively be getting 29 volumes, as then I'll be able to read the latter 2/3 of the series that's been taking up space by my bed since February... that should last a while even for me. :biggrin:
Original post by Aiko

ooh ive been wanting to this recently as well, but yeah main thing putting me off it is A-P not having the exporting thing :s-smilie: sucks :frown: theres a nicer community feel in MAL and i like how they have their own societies and stuffs :yes:
Reply 3394
In this week's Smile Precure, the girls failed to win a five-person school sports relay and cried like it was the Redline. Still the Best Show Ever.

Also someone sent me a link to this very fine piece of stock footage from the first Brave show, Exkaiser.
Reply 3395
...these file sizes for aquarion evol ~500mb:hmmm:
Reply 3396
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Can't say I blame you for not wanting to add everything manually! But I personally prefer MAL over A-P...

Original post by eugenius 8
ooh ive been wanting to this recently as well, but yeah main thing putting me off it is A-P not having the exporting thing :s-smilie: sucks :frown: theres a nicer community feel in MAL and i like how they have their own societies and stuffs :yes:

Yeah, I just prefer the layout too of having the entire list viewable on one page, and the fact that the database is generally a lot more comprehensive, particularly regarding OVAs/specials. I've looked into web scraping as a possible solution, but I'm not sure how to go about utilising such a method on A-P. Other people have done it, though, so it's definitely possible.
My subs for Saki Achiga-hen episode 8... they seem to be in Spanish. :wtf: I can't be wasting time downloading the same episode twice when my internet speeds are like this. :sigh: Especially for this series.
Original post by Aiko

Yeah, I just prefer the layout too of having the entire list viewable on one page, and the fact that the database is generally a lot more comprehensive, particularly regarding OVAs/specials. I've looked into web scraping as a possible solution, but I'm not sure how to go about utilising such a method on A-P. Other people have done it, though, so it's definitely possible.

It does seem to have more information, that's for sure. And ah, I have no idea either! This is the first I've heard of it. Good luck :smile:

well that ep of sankarea was nice :h: mero-chan :emog:

Latest