The Student Room Group

work experience at london barrister chambers

hey :smile: my school got me work experience at a prestigious barrister chambers in central london. i was just wondering.. what sort of jobs/duties do they make you do over the two weeks? oh and do you have to wear formal clothes? or casual? (sorry i'm just really curious, because i can't wait :biggrin:)
Reply 1
xjjdy
hey :smile: my school got me work experience at a prestigious barrister chambers in central london. i was just wondering.. what sort of jobs/duties do they make you do over the two weeks? oh and do you have to wear formal clothes? or casual? (sorry i'm just really curious, because i can't wait :biggrin:)

As you're school age, you'll probably just be shadowing, with the possibility of getting involved in low-level clerical tasks. With any luck you'll get to accompany barristers to court. Be warned it might be pretty boring at times.

Definitely formal business-style clothes.
Reply 2
And make sure you wear long sleeves just in case you end up in court - I just finished a week with a criminal law chambers and spent the entire week clerking for a barrister in an attempted murder trial in the old bailey - it was great - saying that I'm a university student but you might be lucky and end up doing the same - I wore suits/smart clothes everyday.
Original post by xjjdy

OP, you couldn't provide me with their name, could you?

P.S. Yes yes yes, I know it's an old thread but i'm desperate :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by mickeyfit
And make sure you wear long sleeves just in case you end up in court - I just finished a week with a criminal law chambers and spent the entire week clerking for a barrister in an attempted murder trial in the old bailey - it was great - saying that I'm a university student but you might be lucky and end up doing the same - I wore suits/smart clothes everyday.

Unlikely. I expect you need to be over 18 to involved in such things.

I would expect it to be interesting and better than working at Selfridges. Just don't expect too much.
Reply 5
Original post by Konran
Unlikely. I expect you need to be over 18 to involved in such things.

I would expect it to be interesting and better than working at Selfridges. Just don't expect too much.

The OP probably is over 18 by now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending