The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6560
Can Emma Watson please have longer hair again :puppyeyes:

I've had the book The Perks of Being a Wallflower on my to-read list for a while, might have to have a read before the film comes out.
Watched Men In Black 3 yesterday since we were late to Prometheus ...surprisingly not bad!
Reply 6562
Has anyone had a chance to see Moonrise Kingdom? It's my favourite film of the year so far, I thoroughly recommend it.
Reply 6563
Original post by calvinm
Has anyone had a chance to see Moonrise Kingdom? It's my favourite film of the year so far, I thoroughly recommend it.

I'm looking forward to it. :yep: Someone else on this thread loved it as well, forgot who. :holmes:

EDIT: Also, welcome to TSR and the Film Fanatics Society Thread! :biggrin: :tsr:

Anyway, I watched Another Earth the other day, and have to say I was pretty disappointed. Yeah, it's artsy sci-fi, like Moon, but it's pretty mediocre artsy sci-fi. I really wanted it to be good because the central idea seemed so interesting, but it just isn't very well-directed. It's trailer was fantastic too, which is why I was really looking forward to it. Ah well. It's got quite a nice ending, though, which cheered me up slightly.
Reply 6564

I enjoyed Another Earth more than most but I would say that the ideas behind it are more interesting than the finished product. Brit Marling gave a pretty good performance, her facial expressions really gave an insight into the character.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
I'm looking forward to it. :yep: Someone else on this thread loved it as well, forgot who. :holmes:

EDIT: Also, welcome to TSR and the Film Fanatics Society Thread! :biggrin: :tsr:

Anyway, I watched Another Earth the other day, and have to say I was pretty disappointed. Yeah, it's artsy sci-fi, like Moon, but it's pretty mediocre artsy sci-fi. I really wanted it to be good because the central idea seemed so interesting, but it just isn't very well-directed. It's trailer was fantastic too, which is why I was really looking forward to it. Ah well. It's got quite a nice ending, though, which cheered me up slightly.
I think it was aja. :holmes:
I've just realised how much I hate those horrible screeching noises that come out of sword fights in films. :nooo:
Just got back from MIBIII.

I really enjoyed it :ninjagirl:

Jermaine Clement spent the whole time doing the Bowie voice though, which was distracting.

:rofl:
(edited 11 years ago)
Really looking forward to this! :excited:
Reply 6570
Django Unchained looks fantastic, I just know it'll be a fun watch!
Talking of Tarantino, I watched Kill Bill last night for the first time - what a silly film :rolleyes:

Seemed like the kind of film you think is great when you're about 14, but you see it again years later and think its just about as immature as you were the first time you saw it. Don't think I'll bother with the sequel.

How did that woman survive at the end with a severed arm? It made no sense :facepalm2:
Reply 6572
Original post by noggins
Talking of Tarantino, I watched Kill Bill last night for the first time - what a silly film :rolleyes:

Seemed like the kind of film you think is great when you're about 14, but you see it again years later and think its just about as immature as you were the first time you saw it. Don't think I'll bother with the sequel.

How did that woman survive at the end with a severed arm? It made no sense :facepalm2:

It is quite true that recently, after Jackie Brown, he has lost his way, particularly true with Kill Bill. He regained it a bit with Inglourious Basterds (except the opening scene, best opening scene ever?), but that is nowhere near his first three films. So, here's to hoping Django Unchained will be a return to form!
Reply 6573
It doesn't feel like a Tarantino film to me, couldn't tell you why! Will definitely be giving it a watch though.
Reply 6574
Tarantino writes some of the best dialogue ever filmed but his self-indulgence knows no bounds and quite often, rather than paying homage, it feels as if he's ripping off.

Can't actually tell whether it's a great or a terrible concept.
Reply 6576
Original post by cambo211

Can't actually tell whether it's a great or a terrible concept.

I love the idea of it!

Also, holy mother of bacon your sig. :sogood:
That bad guy anonymous counselling scene sold me on that concept.
I'm hoping there is a director's cut for Prometheus. One of the main things that soured for me was the lack of character development and interaction between the crew members on the ship. Everything else was mostly fine...mostly.

Spoiler

Reply 6579
Original post by ManBeast
I'm hoping there is a director's cut for Prometheus. One of the main things that soured for me was the lack of character development and interaction between the crew members on the ship. Everything else was mostly fine...mostly.

Spoiler

I see what you did there. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending