The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Yes, freshers week will involve a great deal of shouting at people from other halls about how amazing your hall is because you live in it.

LOL! Like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8MPNbnsHC0 ?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I think I will go for Bakewell!
I just confirmed Bill Mo as It was the best one on my list :smile:

How long will it take to walk over to the engineering departments?
Original post by berwick53
I just confirmed Bill Mo as It was the best one on my list :smile:

How long will it take to walk over to the engineering departments?

15 mins, its faster to get the bus.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
15 mins, its faster to get the bus.

How much is the bus?
Original post by berwick53
How much is the bus?

Free on campus with your student card.
hellooo im applying for accommodation tomorrow morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which to choose between telford, butler court and harry french??? all single rooms because im poor but not doing the shared room thing... help meeeee
All booked in for Rigg-Rut! :smile:
Reply 1248
Original post by Fazackerberry
All booked in for Rigg-Rut! :smile:

Awesome! Seeya there :smile:
Original post by charlie.m24
hellooo im applying for accommodation tomorrow morning and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which to choose between telford, butler court and harry french??? all single rooms because im poor but not doing the shared room thing... help meeeee

What about Village Court (Falkner-Eggington) one of the cheapest and it's going to be quite nice apparently

Also aren't Butler Court rooms shared? :smile:
Original post by rockchickm

Also aren't Butler Court rooms shared? :smile:

Not all of them :nah:
If I don't do the preference of three and reserve a particular room instead, how much will I have to pay up front?
Original post by charlie.m24

Depends where you want to be location wise! HF is pretty good though :tongue:
Reply 1253
Original post by Veeceebee
If I don't do the preference of three and reserve a particular room instead, how much will I have to pay up front?

I did the reserve thing, and I haven't put in any bank details, so unless it's taken from my UCAS details, not a penny :smile:

Here's what it said in my confirmation email for what my reservation is subject to:
1. The payment of the required room bond as detailed in the Contract. (First year Undergraduate Students still awaiting results - must be paid online within 8 working days of receiving your University Student Registration number by the admissions office after your Academic place is confirmed.)

I assume that means there's nothing to pay until we accept our place at the uni :smile:
Anyone know roughly how much the room bond is? Or does it depend which hall you're in?
Original post by Alxndra
Anyone know roughly how much the room bond is? Or does it depend which hall you're in?

£140.
Original post by Xenite
I did the reserve thing, and I haven't put in any bank details, so unless it's taken from my UCAS details, not a penny :smile:

Here's what it said in my confirmation email for what my reservation is subject to:

I assume that means there's nothing to pay until we accept our place at the uni :smile:

Oh so we don't have to pay anything until we are actually accepted on results day then? If so, then what is the point in the preference system? I thought they did it so that one option was free and the other one wasn't?
Reply 1257
Original post by Veeceebee
Oh so we don't have to pay anything until we are actually accepted on results day then? If so, then what is the point in the preference system? I thought they did it so that one option was free and the other one wasn't?

I have no idea, come to mention it...

Before I applied I had my debit card and bank details with me in case I needed to pay anything upfront, so I was surprised to see that I didn't need any of it..
Reply 1258
Help!! I had to apply for accommodation today at 2pm, but I didnt manage to login till 4, and my prefered accommodation (Telford) isnt available anymore...should I use the preference option or wait for tomorrow to see if I can choose Telford then?
Could someone explain the difference between the Room Reservation and Preference systems? It just sounds like Preferencial system is worse for some reason, but I don't really understand E_E

Latest

Trending

Trending