The Student Room Group

Waxing downstairs! I need help from those who do it!!!

Hey girlies!!

All my life I used to shave or use shaving creams. I have just now been introduced to the world of waxing and I wonder if I can wax downstairs, if you get what I mean.:colondollar:

Most waxes say bikini area, does that include or do I have to get a separate one?

If you do it or know someone who does it, I want to hear from you :redface:

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
At first first glance I thought this thread was about needing help walking downstairs :P
Reply 2
I tried it for a while but it was quite possibly the most painful experience of my life! I've waxed my legs for the past 4 years but it's not even comparable in terms of how it feels. From my personal experience, I'd say you have to be quite tough to be willing to wax downstairs. However, the end results are much nicer than shaving so it's worth it if you have a good threshold for pain - unfortunately I don't.

If it says bikini area then I'd assume it's okay to use. Any waxes I've used have always specified "bikini" "face and bikini" "legs" etc. I tried a few different waxes and found Parissa Wax Strips to be the best for down there, especially on sensitive skin. You can easily get them in boots I'd imagine. They're the best ones I tried that have a cooling balm to help calm the skin, and they're a small size which make it easier! (if you're looking for a good brand at the moment I'd recommend them).
Reply 3
http://hairremoval.about.com/od/shaving/ht/shaving-pubic.htm
i know im not meant to do it for downstairs but i use veet hair removal cream and apply it carefully. it removes all the har and it's painless so works for me.
Reply 4
Original post by Siggles
I tried it for a while but it was quite possibly the most painful experience of my life! I've waxed my legs for the past 4 years but it's not even comparable in terms of how it feels. From my personal experience, I'd say you have to be quite tough to be willing to wax downstairs. However, the end results are much nicer than shaving so it's worth it if you have a good threshold for pain - unfortunately I don't.

If it says bikini area then I'd assume it's okay to use. Any waxes I've used have always specified "bikini" "face and bikini" "legs" etc. I tried a few different waxes and found Parissa Wax Strips to be the best for down there, especially on sensitive skin. You can easily get them in boots I'd imagine. They're the best ones I tried that have a cooling balm to help calm the skin, and they're a small size which make it easier! (if you're looking for a good brand at the moment I'd recommend them).

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I want wax strips though. I have tried Veet beginners wax strips last year and they were rubbish. They're the reason I gave up on waxing until my friend convinced me last week.
I'm currently using Nair roll on wax (it was on offer on Superdrug so I decided to give it a go) for my legs and they're really good. I don't like the pain but I can bare it if I know that it will be worth it.
I think I will give Parissa a try though... I have to start somewhere, right? :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by kaypc
http://hairremoval.about.com/od/shaving/ht/shaving-pubic.htm
i know im not meant to do it for downstairs but i use veet hair removal cream and apply it carefully. it removes all the har and it's painless so works for me.

Err... thanks. I didn't actually need the website but got my attention to va j-j visor! I did not know that existed.

Cheers for that :biggrin:
Original post by katyness
Hey girlies!!

All my life I used to shave or use shaving creams. I have just now been introduced to the world of waxing and I wonder if I can wax downstairs, if you get what I mean.:colondollar:

Most waxes say bikini area, does that include or do I have to get a separate one?

Thanks

Why not try sugaring instead? It's cheaper and it reduces the pain experienced CONSIDERABLY.
Reply 7
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
Why not try sugaring instead? It's cheaper and it reduces the pain experienced CONSIDERABLY.

Sugaring? I shall be googling that right away.
Reply 8
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I want wax strips though. I have tried Veet beginners wax strips last year and they were rubbish. They're the reason I gave up on waxing until my friend convinced me last week.
I'm currently using Nair roll on wax (it was on offer on Superdrug so I decided to give it a go) for my legs and they're really good. I don't like the pain but I can bare it if I know that it will be worth it.
I think I will give Parissa a try though... I have to start somewhere, right? :redface:

Mhmm! But there are loads of different hair removal options (as someone else posted) so it can't hurt to explore your options a bit more. For my first time I just went into the biggest boots near me and took note of all the different products they had, then went home and searched through google to see what got good reviews and what got bad reviews.

I'm sorry I can't recommend any other methods/brands, I've only ever used wax strips and Parissa was the only brand I could stand until one day I decided it wasn't worth the effort to wax anymore. But the difference it does make to shaving is pretty big, much smoother and much more pleasant.
Sugaring? I shall be googling that right away.

:lolz:
Reply 10
Original post by Siggles
Mhmm! But there are loads of different hair removal options (as someone else posted) so it can't hurt to explore your options a bit more. For my first time I just went into the biggest boots near me and took note of all the different products they had, then went home and searched through google to see what got good reviews and what got bad reviews.

I'm sorry I can't recommend any other methods/brands, I've only ever used wax strips and Parissa was the only brand I could stand until one day I decided it wasn't worth the effort to wax anymore. But the difference it does make to shaving is pretty big, much smoother and much more pleasant.

Yeah, I have been looking into this but it all seems useless. There are loads of products and the reviews are almost 50/50. And because I've only got one bad experience, I don't know what else I should be running away from :confused:
Why did you stop waxing, if you don't mind me asking?
Oooh good luck with that hun! I don't even wax my legs for fear of pain lmfao, razors the best thing for me although I hate the way the hair grows back within a day or two!
When I was about 13 I tried waxin down below, put it on then my mum came to my room so had to sit with the towel coverin me for about 15 mins while she was talkin to me! After that I'd sorta forgot my technique and peeled it off so slowly as it'd really got stuck that I ended up with dried wax on me! Took about 2 hours to get off! Absolute nightmare x_x
Reply 12
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
:lolz:

So I've researched it...but I'm sure about it. Do you use it? If so, do you get it done or do it yourself?

Original post by DontGetMeVex
Oooh good luck with that hun! I don't even wax my legs for fear of pain lmfao, razors the best thing for me although I hate the way the hair grows back within a day or two!
When I was about 13 I tried waxin down below, put it on then my mum came to my room so had to sit with the towel coverin me for about 15 mins while she was talkin to me! After that I'd sorta forgot my technique and peeled it off so slowly as it'd really got stuck that I ended up with dried wax on me! Took about 2 hours to get off! Absolute nightmare x_x

That's what pisses me off too!! I don't mind the pain as long as it's worth it, you see. If it really doesn't grow back for weeks it's worth the seconds of pain...
So are wax strips completely useless? Trying to figure out whether it's worth getting it done in a salon...
Reply 14
Yeah, I have been looking into this but it all seems useless. There are loads of products and the reviews are almost 50/50. And because I've only got one bad experience, I don't know what else I should be running away from :confused:
Why did you stop waxing, if you don't mind me asking?

One day I had none left and was too lazy to go out and get some so I switched back to shaving instead. Even though it has to be done more frequently it's quicker and painless. The thing that bothered me was how much longer waxing took and that I had to get up the courage to do it to myself (I'm a massive wuss you see). It wasn't really getting any less painful like with waxing my legs too.

I started waxing for my boyfriend and to try it, since it doesn't bother him and I got tired of it I just ended up stopping it. I'd still do it occasionally if I were going to be wearing a bikini but for everyday purposes I didn't see a point.
Reply 15
Honestly, waxing downstairs isn't very comfrotable and I think guys shouldn't do it. Trim & Shave is the manly way.
Reply 16
Original post by DontGetMeVex

Same thing happened to me too, except I was in the bath and I didn't peel it off properly...killed like a bitch, reduced me to tears :cry2:
Reply 17
Im in the same position as you, been shaving all my life but the fact it grows back so fast annoys me.
I looked at all the waxes and stuff and have decided that i will try sugaring :smile:
Here's the product i want to get ;
http://www.boots.com/en/Sugar-StripEase_1113473/
Reply 18
Hey girlies!!

Thanks

You can get strips that are for sensitive skin which is good for down there. Instead of buying ones that are especially sized for that area just get the normal big ones and cut them to whatever size you want. I do that and its good because you can have more control over how much you wax off at one time.

I hope that makes sense haha, its what I do to make waxing down there bareable and for after waxing use aloevera to sooth the skin and reduces the pain :smile:
So I've researched it...but I'm sure about it. Do you use it? If so, do you get it done or do it yourself?

That's what pisses me off too!! I don't mind the pain as long as it's worth it, you see. If it really doesn't grow back for weeks it's worth the seconds of pain...

I've actually had it done so many times, that I now do it myself. You can make your own sugar paste too, but as a newbie i'd advise you to buy a kit. It barely hurts, is super cheap and gives the same results of waxing.

When it comes to the lower region, I would highly recommend sugaring as opposed to waxing. It's such a delicate region and despite my high threshold for pain, it always kills like hell!

Quick Reply