The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seanfromtheblock
he does all of his videos like that. It really pisses me off because he's probably the most prominent gay on youtube, and people probably think we're all like that :colonhash:

I've seen a couple of videos and stuff where a scene clone with his top off (or similar) has been answering questions/discussing gay rights "on behalf of the gays". It always makes me cringe and feel kind of uncomfortable. That's not the spokesperson I'd choose to represent my views. Any more than this one video I saw of a girl dressed like Barbie going "Hurr, I like ponies and lipgloss" should represent the interest of feminists.
Original post by Revd. Mike
I've seen a couple of videos and stuff where a scene clone with his top off (or similar) has been answering questions/discussing gay rights "on behalf of the gays". It always makes me cringe and feel kind of uncomfortable. That's not the spokesperson I'd choose to represent my views. Any more than this one video I saw of a girl dressed like Barbie going "Hurr, I like ponies and lipgloss" should represent the interest of feminists.

I just feel uncomfortable seeing anyone claiming to represent an entire community.
I've spent the entire day cuddled up in my duvet, with haagan daz icecream, a water bottle, my teddy and tissues... Watching love films.

I cried at "The Weekend"
:emo: I think I need to man up.
Reply 3303
Original post by seanfromtheblock
I just feel uncomfortable seeing anyone claiming to represent an entire community.

Seconded. It makes me very angry.

Original post by The Puppet Master
I've spent the entire day cuddled up in my duvet, with haagan daz icecream, a water bottle, my teddy and tissues... Watching love films.

I cried at "The Weekend"

What sort of Haagen Dazs? I love me the Strawberry Cheesecake one.

I cried at "The Weekend"

Are you okay? :hugs:

There is a song that I can relate to the bit in bold:

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
And the gales have arrived .... we've not had any at uni. Oh the joys :rolleyes:

No uni because it's a bit windy? :lolwut:

I cried at "The Weekend"

:hugs:
:h: Don't worry I cried when I watched "Nyan Cat falls in love" :emo:
Original post by Laertes
Seconded. It makes me very angry.

What sort of Haagen Dazs? I love me the Strawberry Cheesecake one.

Pralines and cream :awesome: Ohh I like the cheesecake one too!

Original post by cpdavis
Are you okay? :hugs:

There is a song that I can relate to the bit in bold:

Think I'm just one of those days where I turn into a massive girl. :loveduck:
Hahahaa, excellent song! Sounds a little bit like a musical Tenacious D :mmm:

Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent

:teehee: I haven't seen that one before...
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone know where to get a pair of men's hair straighteners for a reasonable price? I'm growing my hair a bit - it's the longest its ever been, but im gonna keep growing it for a while. It's not overlong IMO at the moment, only long enough for the Justin Bieber flip look which is OK but its beginning to curl at the back :L I've never had curly/wavy hair before either :L
In other news, my theory about train guards being utterly soulless got suitably blown out of the water with a nuclear depth charge this evening. I met a quite charming young chap actually who noticed that my destination was the place that he lived for about 4 years, which instantly made him have an affinity with me. I think he may have fancied me actually, owing to the formal introduction, 10 minute conversation, as well as the wink and a wave he gave me as the train was leaving the platform where I was waiting for my connection. :holmes: Not my type though. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'm not from Aldershot... I just live there.

Bless him.
Anyone know where to get a pair of men's hair straighteners for a reasonable price? I'm growing my hair a bit - it's the longest its ever been, but im gonna keep growing it for a while. It's not overlong IMO at the moment, only long enough for the Justin Bieber flip look which is OK but its beginning to curl at the back :L I've never had curly/wavy hair before either :L

Budget? I swear by a pair of slimline GHD's when my hair is long enough to straighten; but they might be a bit pricey for you.
Reply 3311
Another friend of mine has got himself a boyfriend; I don't like not liking this. :colonhash:

Original post by Mad Vlad
In other news, my theory about train guards being utterly soulless got suitably blown out of the water with a nuclear depth charge this evening. I met a quite charming young chap actually who noticed that my destination was the place that he lived for about 4 years, which instantly made him have an affinity with me. I think he may have fancied me actually, owing to the formal introduction, 10 minute conversation, as well as the wink and a wave he gave me as the train was leaving the platform where I was waiting for my connection. :holmes: Not my type though. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'm not from Aldershot... I just live there.

Bless him.

Gonna be taking that train more regularly? :p:
No uni because it's a bit windy? :lolwut:

I finished uni for the summer 2 weeks ago lol haha.
Original post by dbmag9
Another friend of mine has got himself a boyfriend; I don't like not liking this. :colonhash:

Gonna be taking that train more regularly? :p:

Bad times :frown:

Nah, he works a London Midland service between Nuneaton and Coventry. I only use that service when I'm back at home. I have to put up with ****ty South West Trains...
Budget? I swear by a pair of slimline GHD's when my hair is long enough to straighten; but they might be a bit pricey for you.

The cheaper the better, but not so cheap that you end up melting/burning your hair on a faulty pair, or believe they are likely to do that :P
I finished uni for the summer 2 weeks ago lol haha.

:rofl: Fair enough! :p: Just a remark about the dog**** weather in general?
Bad times :frown:

Nah, he works a London Midland service between Nuneaton and Coventry. I only use that service when I'm back at home. I have to put up with ****ty South West Trains...

Trust me SW is nowhere NEAR as bad as Arriva - I have plenty of experience on both lol.
Original post by dbmag9

I hate the fact that I hate couples.

Loads of my friends who are still at home have ended up in really weird relationships while I've been away and I'm not going to enjoy spending time around any of them. :shakecane:
Trust me SW is nowhere NEAR as bad as Arriva - I have plenty of experience on both lol.

Yes, Arrivawhenwefeellikeit are ****.
Think I'm just one of those days where I turn into a massive girl. :loveduck:
Hahahaa, excellent song! Sounds a little bit like a musical Tenacious D :mmm:

Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent

You two have gotten me back into my bad habit, watching Nyan Cat videos :colonhash:

Nyan cat falls in love is so sad :emo:

Latest