The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Art Foundation

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've chosen 12 artists so far. Think I'd rather do them in more detail rather than choosing loads. I'm so nervous about this project! I can't wait to start the course tho and meet everyone. Which halls is everyone staying in? I'm in cayley x
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 221
Original post by aliceart92
Hi, I've chosen 12 artists so far. Think I'd rather do them in more detail rather than choosing loads. I'm so nervous about this project! I can't wait to start the course tho and meet everyone. Which halls is everyone staying in? I'm in cayley x

ah i haven't even finished choosing mine! but i haven't planned much more for the rest of summer so plenty of time to get this all done! haha i'm so worried everyone's projects are gona be so good - i have no idea what i'm doing! staying in the holt :smile:
Hey guys, It's kind of nice to hear I'm not the only one who is confused!

When it says cultural influences I just assumed it meant the artists influences, not ours :/ but then it says "should include contemporary artists/ designers eg. films, writers, books, journals, articles, history and events"

I could take this to mean either the things that have influenced their work or how i could apply my own cultural influences like they have. Or something like that, I don't know. I'm going crazy over thinking it.

For me it makes more sense to focus on the the artists influences (this word is really starting to annoy me) and their technique.

Arrrgh please help me!

p.s. "Begin by clearly stating title, artist, medium and date"....huh?
Reply 223
I don't really understand what we're meant to be drawing... Just drawings of the artists work?

And i'm in the holt :smile:
Reply 224
Original post by hezzywoo
I don't really understand what we're meant to be drawing... Just drawings of the artists work?

And i'm in the holt :smile:

YAY i'm in the holt too!!! So excited! I think for the drawings maybe a bit of the artists work and maybe like illustrations of connected cultural influences and stuff like that. It's all a bit of a confusing project this one, but at least it's not being assessed - unlike the photography, now that one is worrying.
Reply 225
Hey - are you guys able to log on to your student e-mails? I can't work out how to get the details - or are foundation students not able to?
Reply 226
Original post by Katharine
Hey - are you guys able to log on to your student e-mails? I can't work out how to get the details - or are foundation students not able to?

Hey I'm having the same problems! I think if it doesn't work today I'm calling them!
By the way does anyone know if freshers tickets for individual events (not the platinum cards) are for sale yet?
Reply 227
Original post by PollyGirl
Hey I'm having the same problems! I think if it doesn't work today I'm calling them!
By the way does anyone know if freshers tickets for individual events (not the platinum cards) are for sale yet?

Hey i called them up pretty much the same day i wrote that message - i got my log in details from them over the phone, but that should ave been sent with your freshers pack now anyway? otherwise yes do call them up
To log in to your email:
go to the loughborough website
click on current students (in the box on the right where it says 'information for..."
in the purple bar along the top of the page it says 'webmail'
click on that it's take you to an iGoogle page
in the box that says e-mail click and it'll link you to a log in page - put in your username and password - it hopefully should work!

the same credentials will let you log in to the union website

good luck! :smile:
hey just on the off chance that anyone will reply to this, is it rally hard to get onto the art foundation course because i am so so so desperate to come here in sept!!!!!! just dont know whether im good enough...
Reply 229
* October.

Bit late now, but for future readers, I don't consider myself amazing at art (mind, not bad), but the main thing I think is doing well in the drawing task they set you to do before the interview.

I got in on a conditional offer (two Cs this summer) so... idk, maybe I'm better than I consider, but I don't reckon it's half difficult as long as you have some decent draftmanship skills :smile:

P.S. if anyone from L'boro is reading this: I'm thinking of applying to the Birmingham URNU (University Royal Navy Unit) as I *may* want to consider it after Uni, and just generally find the RN interesting. Should I bother at foundation, or wait until I'm at undergraduate before considering URNU? Cheers in advance.
Reply 230
Also wondering what halls art foundation students are going for :tongue:
Reply 231
Any one know which accomadation halls tends to be most popular with art foundation students? :smile:
Reply 232
Original post by CED
Any one know which accomadation halls tends to be most popular with art foundation students? :smile:

From what I've heard there seems to be a lot in Butler Court and Harry French..

I've been put in Village Court :tongue: was hoping for somewhere a bit closer because I can never get out of bed in the morning and I'm always late!
Original post by sophiered
From what I've heard there seems to be a lot in Butler Court and Harry French..

I've been put in Village Court :tongue: was hoping for somewhere a bit closer because I can never get out of bed in the morning and I'm always late!

I'm doing Art Foundation and am at Village Court!!!"$^! Yay! and I know exactly what you mean about the over sleeping! :/ But it looks like there is a bus stop for the freeeee bus that runs every 10minutes or so just around the corner, so we will be fine!
Reply 234
Original post by frankiehobbs
I'm doing Art Foundation and am at Village Court!!!"$^! Yay! and I know exactly what you mean about the over sleeping! :/ But it looks like there is a bus stop for the freeeee bus that runs every 10minutes or so just around the corner, so we will be fine!

Oo how exciting! :biggrin: Haven't seen anyone else yet in Village Court let alone doing foundation! Free bus every 10 mins? Ah thank god won't have to be sprinting through campus at 8.59am every day then... :tongue:
Oo how exciting! :biggrin: Haven't seen anyone else yet in Village Court let alone doing foundation! Free bus every 10 mins? Ah thank god won't have to be sprinting through campus at 8.59am every day then... :tongue:

No, we'll be sprinting after the bus at 8.59.50 hahaha!! I haven't found anyone else yet either... looks like its just us then!

Just found the bus timetable! Literally 8.59 ha!
http://www.kinchbus.co.uk/timetables/sprint.aspx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 236
Has anyone started the summer projects by any chance? I'm majorly procrastinating as usual :tongue:
Original post by frankiehobbs
No, we'll be sprinting after the bus at 8.59.50 hahaha!! I haven't found anyone else yet either... looks like its just us then!

Just found the bus timetable! Literally 8.59 ha!
http://www.kinchbus.co.uk/timetables/sprint.aspx

im at village court but im doing illustration, how far is village court from the design school of you know? cause those kinch busses get soo damn cramped and are small from my experiences when goign to the open day and the interview!
Has anyone started the summer projects by any chance? I'm majorly procrastinating as usual :tongue:

ugh, me too! I have got about a quarter way through checking out all the designers, artists and blah on that huge list and am now being really lazy. I can see that it will be a last minute cram sesh to get it all done before we go for me ahah
Reply 239
Original post by Summer Skies
ugh, me too! I have got about a quarter way through checking out all the designers, artists and blah on that huge list and am now being really lazy. I can see that it will be a last minute cram sesh to get it all done before we go for me ahah

And there I was, afraid I'd be the only turtle-student on the course... :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending