The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Original post by seanfromtheblock
I hate the fact that I hate couples.

Loads of my friends who are still at home have ended up in really weird relationships while I've been away and I'm not going to enjoy spending time around any of them. :shakecane:

It's not even that; he's not someone I hang out really anyway, and there's a (straight) couple in my friend group which doesn't bother me. I guess it's when it's guys in the same sort of position as me getting coupled up while I'm hanging around having no lovelife to speak of that it brings out the angsty in me. Ah well.
Reply 3321
What's wrong with couples?

Yesterday my demi-asexuality came up in conversation with some of my (non-college) friends - they meant well, but I don't like it when people dismiss it as 'wait until you find the right person'. While that may be the case, it doesn't negate the lack of primary attraction for people. I couldn't really tell them that self-identifying as asexual would help me extricate myself from awkward situations (not that I expect any more - that's probably my fill, to be honest). I've actually told very few people that's what I prefer - no one in college seems to ask anyway.

Sadly I wasn't sober enough to formulate my usual eloquent riposte :unimpressed:

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
The cheaper the better, but not so cheap that you end up melting/burning your hair on a faulty pair, or believe they are likely to do that :P

No matter how cheap you want it, make sure you get ceramic plates, and I'd also go for one which allows you to do it on a low setting too.

I have a £20 Babyliss one which seems to do the trick, though now my hair is shorter (earlier pictures aren't on Facebook, but it used to be considerably longer about years ago!) I don't use it as often/when I do I turn it to one of the low settings.

Edit: I hope no one seriously takes that half-naked Youtube guy as 'representative' of LGBTQ, but I know some will. Sadtimes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cpdavis
You two have gotten me back into my bad habit, watching Nyan Cat videos :colonhash:

Nyan cat falls in love is so sad :emo:

:sadnod: :emo:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Yes, Arrivawhenwefeellikeit are ****.

When I went back to uni from Easter break its bad enough I have a 7 hour journey with the longest and final leg of it being 3h15 on an Arriva service. I got on at the departure point, the next stop people were standing, but by the time we arrived in Wolvo they packed it to the point where a) one couldn't breathe b) I was going to be sick since it was so hot and crowded c) Happened to be on football day, if I'd known this I would have got the Sunday 4pm train and not the 6pm train d) mainly fans got on the train, and there were students wanting to get on as they like me had to be back the next day (I had no problems with the fans at all, they were all fine, its just the train companies should know roughly when unis are going back and they should accommodate for that with more carriages). By the time we arrived at Telford we had to stop to give people air (Nobody wanted to get on), however arrive at Shrewsbury where we were scheduled for a break, we were told an additional 2 carriages would be added, making it a 4 coach train instead of 2 (which it normally is). However, all the footie fans got off and they weren't really needed. Thankfully the final 2 hours of that journey passed ok, but those first 80 minutes were terrible! We didn't get an inspector over to us until we crossed over into the Welsh side of the border. So in comparison no other train company has been bad at all. Thankfully the journey back to Wolverhampton on the way home was fine, no problem at all.
(edited 11 years ago)
I just feel uncomfortable seeing anyone claiming to represent an entire community.

Oh it can be fun to do though, I do it with being cornish to drive people who get obsessed with race and devolution too seriously.

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Anyone know where to get a pair of men's hair straighteners for a reasonable price? I'm growing my hair a bit - it's the longest its ever been, but im gonna keep growing it for a while. It's not overlong IMO at the moment, only long enough for the Justin Bieber flip look which is OK but its beginning to curl at the back :L I've never had curly/wavy hair before either :L

How do men's straighteners differ? I mean as far as I am aware men don't have hair made out of a totally different protein structure necessitating different straighteners to women :tongue:
Original post by crazylemon

How do men's straighteners differ? I mean as far as I am aware men don't have hair made out of a totally different protein structure necessitating different straighteners to women :tongue:

They're thinner for shorter hair (I think)
Original post by thurin

No matter how cheap you want it, make sure you get ceramic plates, and I'd also go for one which allows you to do it on a low setting too.

I have a £20 Babyliss one which seems to do the trick, though now my hair is shorter (earlier pictures aren't on Facebook, but it used to be considerably longer about years ago!) I don't use it as often/when I do I turn it to one of the low settings.

This is good advice. :smile:
Oh it can be fun to do though, I do it with being cornish to drive people who get obsessed with race and devolution too seriously.

Thinner plates. Less women on the box. Not pink.
Reply 3328
Dunno why people are hating on Daveywavey (wickydkewl) off youtube. I mean, his videos are him showing off his muscle body, giving sex and dating tips and the views get him money. Basically just like those shallow magazines that are aimed at women except this is targeted at gay guys. I feel like people take things like this too seriously.

His videos are popular, and although he may not "represent" you, a lot of gay guys are into fitness, sex etc. There's a market. I don't think there is anything sinister about it.

He is quite annoying though :s-smilie:
Reply 3329
I don't think anybody said anything about it being sinister just not something they liked.
Original post by L.O.V.E.
Dunno why people are hating on Daveywavey (wickydkewl) off youtube. I mean, his videos are him showing off his muscle body, giving sex and dating tips and the views get him money. Basically just like those shallow magazines that are aimed at women except this is targeted at gay guys. I feel like people take things like this too seriously.

His videos are popular, and although he may not "represent" you, a lot of gay guys are into fitness, sex etc. There's a market. I don't think there is anything sinister about it.

He is quite annoying though :s-smilie:

I was going to say he had managed to irk me within about oh...3 seconds?
But the solution is that I don't look at his videos. Problem solved :biggrin:

HAs anyone watched some of the Gentlemans rants on youtube? (to sweary to post a link)
They amuse me. Then I have this horrible moment of thinking I am as cynical as that and I get scared...

Original post by Mad Vlad
Thinner plates. Less women on the box. Not pink.

That would make sense. Amazing how pink immediately makes something female. Like with razors. Maybe the NHS should invest in more pink things for the female wards :tongue:
Reply 3331
Original post by dbmag9
It's not even that; he's not someone I hang out really anyway, and there's a (straight) couple in my friend group which doesn't bother me. I guess it's when it's guys in the same sort of position as me getting coupled up while I'm hanging around having no lovelife to speak of that it brings out the angsty in me. Ah well.

Similar here, except I've got a bf but it's LDR. So while all my friends are being couply I'm just like ugh.

Also I just watched that S Club video you posted the other day and it's so sad. They're all a bit bloated looking :s-smilie:
Original post by dbmag9

Thats me too. My solution this summer was to spend my time travelling the world with a lesbian. Wait a minute I don't think I have worked this one out...foreveralone

Although it isn't as if it is I have been actually doing anything about it.
I just feel uncomfortable seeing anyone claiming to represent an entire community.

Oh no, that's totally where the uncomfortableness stems from. The cringey aspect comes from when it's someone that I'd prefer the community were not associated with.
Reply 3334
I should probably stop losing my temper on the Tube. Will probably end up getting punched one of these days :erm:
Original post by Lacus
I should probably stop losing my temper on the Tube. Will probably end up getting punched one of these days :erm:

oh dear what happened...
Also, just seen Iron Sky. SO GOOD.
Original post by Revd. Mike
Also, just seen Iron Sky. SO GOOD.

High Heel Death! (I've wanted to talk about Iron Sky on here, but knowing that you hadn't seen it yet I had to constrain myself!) I thought it was so brilliant and the slow-mo scene at the end put me in stitches! :biggrin:
Reply 3338
oh dear what happened...

On the platform at Tower Hill as the train was pulling in and was already in a bad mood when I was practically assaulted by some woman 'tapping' on my arm. I had noise isolating earphones in too so couldn't hear a thing, so I don't know if she called out beforehand, but my response to this was to rip out one of my earphones and aggresively bark "WHAT?!" in conjunction with a dirty look. She then proceeded to ask "Does this go to Embankment?!:unsure:", "Yeahhh:huff:" before I flounced off.

Awkwardly, we then sat in the same carriage.

That was Tuesday. Today, I was in a rush and slaloming around tourists, again at Tower Hill, and rushing down the stairs as the train was in the platform. I was running down the congested steps and deliberately went for the clearest side. Just as I was getting to the bottom I was held up by some girl, and there was a couple with a pushchair coming up beside her so I couldn't get around. Sensing the doors were about to close but I still had time if she moved, I more or less shouted "CAN YOU HURRY UP! :angry:" to which, in reply, she squeaked.

:london:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3339
Spotify for Linux is being unreliable this evening :|

Latest