The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

i didn't start it yet
hey:smile:how long did it take you to revise unit5? do you think 5 hrs is enough?
Reply 3322
How do I revise for question 7? (The Article Question). I find the whole pre-released article idea confusing, are we supposed to study it in detail? or is reading it enough?
Reply 3323
[QUOTE="19941994;37932191"]
Original post by aqua05

ok thanks :smile: would there be a copy online of that guide?

i dont know :/
I have it in hard copy
Reply 3324
can someone please tell me what exactly are we suppose to know for the muscle sliding filament and the ligaments/tendons,etc ????
Reply 3325
Original post by irreplaceable me
hey:smile:how long did it take you to revise unit5? do you think 5 hrs is enough?

well it is not hard but it need alot of revision and memorisiation
for me i left for unit 5 a week before the exam for revision and preparing for the article....
so i think revising a couple of days before the exam is very imp....
gd luck:smile:
Reply 3326
Original post by Sara.KS
How do I revise for question 7? (The Article Question). I find the whole pre-released article idea confusing, are we supposed to study it in detail? or is reading it enough?

u have to discuss it with ur teacher in order to prepare some expected qu. also study the chapter of excersise and read the AS notes as there will be synoptic qu
the topic of the article is uite easy and i think it easier than the one of jan...
gd luck :smile:
Reply 3327
Original post by ghogho
u have to discuss it with ur teacher in order to prepare some expected qu. also study the chapter of excersise and read the AS notes as there will be synoptic qu
the topic of the article is uite easy and i think it easier than the one of jan...
gd luck :smile:

Thanks I guess, that helps! Problem is I'm running out of time, I've got loads of other exams... Gd luck 2 u 2!
Reply 3328
Hey guys i was just wondering... is reading the cgp revision guide for unit 5 bio enough? Coz I was checking the spe ification & they have written everything which is needed..but im not sure what to do... should I read both the green book &the cgp one or its okay if I just read the cgp book?
Reply 3329
Original post by ghogho
well it is not hard but it need alot of revision and memorisiation
for me i left for unit 5 a week before the exam for revision and preparing for the article....
so i think revising a couple of days before the exam is very imp....
gd luck:smile:

Hey :smile: you said you revised a week before unit 5, what grade did you get if you dont mind me asking? And also how do you revise? Do you just read over and make notes or past papers? Thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3330
hey does anyone know how much we need to know for the human eye? like do we need to know and be able to label parts of the eye or just the role of the retins and rods/cones? :smile:
Reply 3331
im getting confused, i do the SNAB course but looking at the specification it seems like a lot of the things in the book arent necessary like knowing testosterone and doping, it says we just need to now how the hormones and transcription factors work?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3332
Original post by 19941994
hey does anyone know how much we need to know for the human eye? like do we need to know and be able to label parts of the eye or just the role of the retins and rods/cones? :smile:

Parts of the eye, the structure of the rods and cons, the nerve impulse pathway(whole procedure ie bleaching,etc), the response of the eye to bright & dim light. That's it.. well that's what I think:tongue:
Howre you guys preparing for the article? That really worries me lol
Reply 3334
Original post by aqua05
Parts of the eye, the structure of the rods and cons, the nerve impulse pathway(whole procedure ie bleaching,etc), the response of the eye to bright & dim light. That's it.. well that's what I think:tongue:

Oh ok thanks :smile: was wondering if i could miss out the parts of the eye but its probably safer to learn it lol

Anyone got access to the January 2010 paper? I can only get June 2010, January 2011, June 2011 and I've already done January 2012 so won't be doing it a second time. Thanks.
Reply 3336
Personally I think this exam is disgustingly hard..

In Jan 2012, Grade Boundaries were out of 90 and...

65 - A*
59 - A
53 - B
48 - C

They're pretty low but the 5 mark questions I struggle to get more than 3 on..

Hows everyone else finding it :/ ?
Reply 3337
Original post by 19941994
Hey :smile: you said you revised a week before unit 5, what grade did you get if you dont mind me asking? And also how do you revise? Do you just read over and make notes or past papers? Thanks!

hey:smile: i still didnt take the exam im taking it this session..... i schedualed for myself to revise a week before the exam... my revising way is to read the notes all over again and solve all the pastpapers and finally read the examiners report it is very very important that makes u knw the problems of the previous candidates and how to avoid it
best of luck :smile:
Reply 3338
Does anyone know which core practicals are likely to come up in this paper? :smile:

Reply 3339
Original post by ghogho
hey:smile: i still didnt take the exam im taking it this session..... i schedualed for myself to revise a week before the exam... my revising way is to read the notes all over again and solve all the pastpapers and finally read the examiners report it is very very important that makes u knw the problems of the previous candidates and how to avoid it
best of luck :smile:

Oh ok thank you! Can you find the examiners report on the edexcel website? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending