The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lisa=)
Hey, I posted previously ... wanted to say my man's back from Uni for summer now :smile: so as long as I get into Uni I won't be a LDR girrll anymore!!

BUT...

My boyfriend is currently in France for a month without me ... ha .... and he's going to India where he won't be able to contact me for 2 months with his lad friends and I want to die!! Basically, if anyone can think of ways we can keep contact out there itd be so good, cos right now I'm in a massive rut...

But right now, I kinda want to let him know something ... right now he can only afford to text me once when he's in France like every couple of days ... and when he does ... tbh they're really not helping the whole missing thing .... he's obviously not missing me otherwise he'd be saying sweet things ... but it's like he's texting a friend ... and I wish i could just let him know it'd be easier on me if he was a bit more soppy? But I feel like I can't say anything cos he's away on this fun holiday with all his horny Uni friends (ha) and if I said this, would it be like moaning? would it piss him off? I'm also going through a lot at home right now AND exams and I feel like I can't talk to him about it ... cos I feel like I'd annoy him and he'd do something silly out there :frown: x

Hey honey, had this same problem whenever I'd just come back from visiting my bf and his emails are quite matter of fact while in person he's really really ridiculously affectionate and soppy. I talked to him about it and after a while of him being all like "no i'm not a machine, this is the way i am" he realised that whenever he'd send cute emails, it'd help me with the separation. Talk to him as nicely as you can :smile:
Original post by Lisa=)
Hey, I posted previously ... wanted to say my man's back from Uni for summer now :smile: so as long as I get into Uni I won't be a LDR girrll anymore!!

BUT...

My boyfriend is currently in France for a month without me ... ha .... and he's going to India where he won't be able to contact me for 2 months with his lad friends and I want to die!! Basically, if anyone can think of ways we can keep contact out there itd be so good, cos right now I'm in a massive rut...

But right now, I kinda want to let him know something ... right now he can only afford to text me once when he's in France like every couple of days ... and when he does ... tbh they're really not helping the whole missing thing .... he's obviously not missing me otherwise he'd be saying sweet things ... but it's like he's texting a friend ... and I wish i could just let him know it'd be easier on me if he was a bit more soppy? But I feel like I can't say anything cos he's away on this fun holiday with all his horny Uni friends (ha) and if I said this, would it be like moaning? would it piss him off? I'm also going through a lot at home right now AND exams and I feel like I can't talk to him about it ... cos I feel like I'd annoy him and he'd do something silly out there :frown: x

India is pretty developed haha, there will be ways for him to get in touch!
Just though I'd introduce myself as one of the LDR girlfriends :biggrin:
Original post by Plums&Peaches
Just though I'd introduce myself as one of the LDR girlfriends :biggrin:

:hello:

Welcome! This is a great place for anyone who's long distance :smile:

Would you like to tell us something about your LDR? :smile:
Original post by Ms. Snuffleupagus
:hello:

Welcome! This is a great place for anyone who's long distance :smile:

Would you like to tell us something about your LDR? :smile:

We only live a few hours away fortunately so we're lucky in that sense but we're both so busy and I haven't seen him in ages. Seeing him in a few weeks though after exams, soo excited :eek: how about everyone else?
How's everyone holding up? :smile:

Bit of a crazy day today I know I can't stop him from looking at other girls, he's a guy and it's ingrained :rolleyes:
But I don't do it! Seriously, I never do, I guess I'm still sososo much in love :redface:
Grrr when he likes/comments on his friends' photos on facebook :judge:

Anyone car relate? How do you girls do?
How's everyone holding up? :smile:

Bit of a crazy day today I know I can't stop him from looking at other girls, he's a guy and it's ingrained :rolleyes:
But I don't do it! Seriously, I never do, I guess I'm still sososo much in love :redface:
Grrr when he likes/comments on his friends' photos on facebook :judge:

Anyone car relate? How do you girls do?

Aw same, I feel extremely jealous and it's just made worse because its LDR :frown:
We only live a few hours away fortunately so we're lucky in that sense but we're both so busy and I haven't seen him in ages. Seeing him in a few weeks though after exams, soo excited :eek: how about everyone else?

Aww sweet! :h:

I have been in a LDR for 2 years, we live in different countries. We are both quite busy, but the major thing is money. I thought this would be our last year apart but nope :redface: First I was mad but then what can I do. Better find a job soon so I can visit more often at least :redface:

Good luck on the exams! You are almost done! Big :hugs:

Aw same, I feel extremely jealous and it's just made worse because its LDR :frown:

:hugs: again

Feel free to contact me ANY time for this. I know how it feels, it's tough :redface: Also my bf is not jealous at alllll which makes it all the more annoying when I am :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Aww sweet! :h:

I have been in a LDR for 2 years, we live in different countries. We are both quite busy, but the major thing is money. I thought this would be our last year apart but nope :redface: First I was mad but then what can I do. Better find a job soon so I can visit more often at least :redface:

Good luck on the exams! You are almost done! Big :hugs:

:hugs: again

Feel free to contact me ANY time for this. I know how it feels, it's tough :redface: Also my bf is not jealous at alllll which makes it all the more annoying when I am :tongue:

GIRL I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT. Sigh, how did you meet him :smile:?
GIRL I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT. Sigh, how did you meet him :smile:?

My theory is that he acts cool because he knows that it makes me worse :colonhash:

I went to London for an English summer course. His university was on my way to school. We met by chance and hit it off right away :tongue:

How about you dear? I like you already :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by such_a_lady
him being all like "no i'm not a machine, this is the way i am"

I've heard this soo many times haha. Apparently it's hard to be nice? :s-smilie:

Also my bf is not jealous at alllll which makes it all the more annoying when I am :tongue:

Haha can relate to this :smile: I seem a right nutcase and he's like whatever! Sooo annoying.
(edited 11 years ago)
My theory is that he acts cool because he knows that it makes me worse :colonhash:

I went to London for an English summer course. His university was on my way to school. We met by chance and hit it off right away :tongue:

How about you dear? I like you already :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think that could be said about all guys :colone: When I get jealous I'm a psycho bitch and that happens a lot so I assure you you're not as bad as me :biggrin:
Awwwwwww so cute :love: my story is nowhere as cute though :biggrin:

Original post by Linzikins
I've heard this soo many times haha. Apparently it's hard to be nice? :s-smilie:

Haha can relate to this :smile: I seem a right nutcase and he's like whatever! Sooo annoying.

I thought I was the only one :O They just don't understand, :facepalm: And it's even harder to show feelings! :facepalm2:
Aw, that's not my case at all. We're both really jealous and that leads to frequent arguments! I think it's way better when your other half isn't jealous as it helps to calm down and avoid major arguments.
Mine is popular but a little antisocial with other people! People end up wanting more attention than he gives anyone else, so me being jealous of his attention to others has never been an issue for me!!
REALLY NEED HELP PEOPLE :frown:
My friends say they don't know my boyfriend who I've been with for over a year now because they barely ever see him. They're right though, he never comes down because I usually go to him and either way, it's very expensive for us to see each other. When he comes here he has to leave the same day because there's no where to stay or anything so he's with me for about 5 hours, or when we're out, we all stay at one friends. He's done that with us twice and this is the only time he's really met my friends. He doesn't have many friends because he just moved to his college and only knows the people on his course.
The distance is causing MAJOR jealousy issues for me though. All of my girls are in relationships with our guy friends or someone in our school or near by and I never see my boyfriend. They can see each other every day. Sometimes the jealousy gets so bad I hate them a little bit. And all they're doing is holding hands or something? It's becoming clear that I can't handle distance. I really love him though.

What do I do? :confused:
Heyy, everyone!

I'm not actually an LDR girl yet, but I will be come September, so I just thought I'd introduce myself and see if anyone has any advice for someone like me? I'm a pretty standard case, really, I'll be going to university in September, but my boyfriend will be staying here. Everyone I mention this to just says: "Well, be careful, most long distance relationships fail!" I really don't want that to happen, I want to make it work. I know he does too, but he's so adamant that it will work, we never talk about it. I bring it up, and he says "You know me. I'll find a way to see you." Which is sweet, but not quite specific enough for me, I want to know how we'll make it work :wink:

Any advice would be appreciated, I look forward to getting to know people over the next few months :smile:
Reply 8236
Hey so we seem to be having problems lately - or just me really. I'm not exactly happy, but I'm not sure if it's the distance or if it's him. After what happened in February, I am not sure if this relationship will ever be without trust issues... I don't know. I am thinking about whether I should end it.

But I don't want to do that without giving us a real chance in person. It's still more than 9 weeks until I see him, and I am finding it really tough. I feel sad almost every day, that's not right.

What can I do? :frown:
Original post by kat91s
Hey so we seem to be having problems lately - or just me really. I'm not exactly happy, but I'm not sure if it's the distance or if it's him. After what happened in February, I am not sure if this relationship will ever be without trust issues... I don't know. I am thinking about whether I should end it.

But I don't want to do that without giving us a real chance in person. It's still more than 9 weeks until I see him, and I am finding it really tough. I feel sad almost every day, that's not right.

What can I do? :frown:

Hey :frown: how often do you Skype or speak on the phone?

I know how you feel so much :/ :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8238
Original post by such_a_lady
Hey :frown: how often do you Skype or speak on the phone?

I know how you feel so much :/ :hugs:

We speak once a day for about 15-20 mins when he's on his lunch break at work. It's not enough time for anything more than daily chit chat really.

At weekends we give Fridays and Saturdays a miss, because we both have other plans usually.

Then on Sundays we spend a couple of hours on skype, but it depends on him not doing anything with scouts or climbing since he's always really busy with those. I probably won't get a long chat with him this weekend.
Original post by kat91s

We speak once a day for about 15-20 mins when he's on his lunch break at work. It's not enough time for anything more than daily chit chat really.

At weekends we give Fridays and Saturdays a miss, because we both have other plans usually.

Then on Sundays we spend a couple of hours on skype, but it depends on him not doing anything with scouts or climbing since he's always really busy with those. I probably won't get a long chat with him this weekend.

Do you not get the feeling he feels the same as you, that it's not quite right?

Latest

Trending

Trending