The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Didn't get the BBC internship :no: Thanks for any prayers that were offered though :grouphugs:
Reply 4261
Things will work out.:smile:
Original post by rac1
Things will work out.:smile:

Thanks :hugs: How are you doing? Exams all done yet? You had one left, right? :h:
Hey Catholics ^.^

Today is Sunday and..i didn't go church. This is becoming a habit because i am really not interested or bothered with church as i used to be. Maybe its the priests or the people who come to church but i just dont like going there anymore.

However i feel guilty not going, i pray every day and every night but is it a sin to not go church?

Do you ever feel that you NEED to go church, do you feel guilty if you dont?
Original post by Chicken Hulk
Hey Catholics ^.^

Today is Sunday and..i didn't go church. This is becoming a habit because i am really not interested or bothered with church as i used to be. Maybe its the priests or the people who come to church but i just dont like going there anymore.

However i feel guilty not going, i pray every day and every night but is it a sin to not go church?

Most of the time, I don't go to church. Mixture of laziness and apathy, but also health problems which have given me a very strong phobia of churches :sadnod: Sometimes I feel a bit bad about not going and that I should make more of an effort but most of the time I can reconcile it with myself :yes:
Reply 4265
Hey Catholics ^.^

Unless I'm ill or there's no way I can get to church I do try and make sure I go. Are there any other churches nearby you can try? Or perhaps even a different mass at the one you do usually go to.

It's such a shame when the parish pushes people away. :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Most of the time, I don't go to church. Mixture of laziness and apathy, but also health problems which have given me a very strong phobia of churches :sadnod: Sometimes I feel a bit bad about not going and that I should make more of an effort but most of the time I can reconcile it with myself :yes:

Original post by Aula
Unless I'm ill or there's no way I can get to church I do try and make sure I go. Are there any other churches nearby you can try? Or perhaps even a different mass at the one you do usually go to.

It's such a shame when the parish pushes people away. :frown:

Thanks for the replies, i usually go to the 12pm mass but i might just try and wake up earlier for some earlier masses :smile:
Thanks for the replies, i usually go to the 12pm mass but i might just try and wake up earlier for some earlier masses :smile:

Like Aula says, maybe just try a different church if the problem is the priest(s), or indeed as you say try a different time for Mass if the problem is your fellow parishioners :hugs:
Reply 4268
Thanks :hugs: How are you doing? Exams all done yet? You had one left, right? :h:

Yeah, all done now thanks, ages til results day though:frown:

Hey Catholics ^.^

You're praying more than I do:redface: (aiming for weekly rosary now), but yeah in and of itself it is a sin not to go mass. I tend not to hang around afterwards (but the people are friendly) so it adds up to around an hour of my Sunday, not sure how good i'll be at waking up in time when i'm away from home...

On a side note yesterday, was doubting the trinity and what day is it today!? Trinity Sunday:biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4269
Original post by rac1
Yeah, all done now thanks, ages til results day though:frown:

You're praying more than I do:redface: (aiming for weekly rosary now), but yeah in and of itself it is a sin not to go mass. I tend not to hang around afterwards (but the people are friendly) so it adds up to around an hour of my Sunday, not sure how good i'll be at waking up in time when i'm away from home...

On a side note yesterday, was doubting the trinity and what day is it today!? Trinity Sunday:biggrin:

Hope (/pray) for a Sunday evening mass. I'd probably have stopped going if I'd had to go in the mornings whilst at uni :ninja:
And I'd probably have failed to get there on a Sunday this year if there wasn't a Sunday evening one nearby, and I didn't have a car to get there :erm:
Reply 4270
Original post by Aula
Hope (/pray) for a Sunday evening mass. I'd probably have stopped going if I'd had to go in the mornings whilst at uni :ninja:
And I'd probably have failed to get there on a Sunday this year if there wasn't a Sunday evening one nearby, and I didn't have a car to get there :erm:

Gloria in excelsis deo!!! Sunday evening mass would be great:biggrin::smile:
Original post by rac1
Yeah, all done now thanks, ages til results day though...

Ah well done for finishing. Let us know nearer results day when you're expecting to hear your results and we can get praying :yep:

I love it when God does stuff like that :ahee:
Original post by Aula

:wavey: :hugs: :wavey:

Do you think it's too late for me to apply for a gap year at SPEC? Just realised I never submitted the form I filled out in March :facepalm:
Reply 4273
:wavey: :hugs: :wavey:

Do you think it's too late for me to apply for a gap year at SPEC? Just realised I never submitted the form I filled out in March :facepalm:

Not at all :awesome:

(and anyone else reading this who thinks they might fancy a year at a youth retreat centre, just apply!)
Original post by Aula
Not at all :awesome:

(and anyone else reading this who thinks they might fancy a year at a youth retreat centre, just apply!)

Yay! Will edit my form and send it off later.

How are you doing anyway, my lovely? What plans for next year? :hugs:

Got a phonecall from one of my interviewers from the BBC :eek: Completely unexpected. Gave very detailed feedback and encouraged me to apply again next year. That's made me feel a bit better about the whole thing. Apparently I was "very good" but there were some outstanding applicants :yes:
Like Aula says, maybe just try a different church if the problem is the priest(s), or indeed as you say try a different time for Mass if the problem is your fellow parishioners :hugs:

A good suggestion. At my church there is one mass with lots of children and families and the other two with very few.
Original post by barnetlad
A good suggestion. At my church there is one mass with lots of children and families and the other two with very few.

Same here! Sunday morning Mass is FULL of little people, whereas the evening Masses are much quieter :five:
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/features/2012/05/31/ten-catholic-women-who-changed-the-world/

An interesting read. I shamefully hadn't heard of some of these women before :colondollar:

Hope everyone is well. I've amended my form for SPEC. Just sitting on it for a day or two whilst I pray/discern, then am going to send it and hope for the best! :woo:
Just returning from a two day Chaplaincy "holiday" to Scarborough. Eight of us have had fantastic time :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Just returning from a two day Chaplaincy "holiday" to Scarborough. Eight of us have had fantastic time :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire

Sounds great! I'm glad you had a good time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest