The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6140
Wish they'd done this tour a little later on... I don't know which date to apply for tickets for as I don't know whether I'll be in Manc or near London. Damnnn.

Definitely need to see them again though!
Just applied for 1st November in Manchester! :biggrin:

So pleased I picked Lancaster over Durham now :awesome:
Happy Birthday Matt Bellamy!
Reply 6143
27th October baby! Can't wait to see them live finally. I hope they play some of the classics still - would be disappointing if they didn't
Original post by EilishP
27th October baby! Can't wait to see them live finally. I hope they play some of the classics still - would be disappointing if they didn't

I've gone for the 27th too, I think we'll be lucky to get tickets though - that'll be a big one that people have applied to I think. And they will definitely play the classics I'm sure - there's some that they just can't leave out! Will be my fourth time seeing them (hopefully).
Think will be going for the 27th Oct too, bit annoyed with the random allocation of pre-sale tickets :frown: got them on pre-sale last year so not looking forward to buying in the rush as might end up losing out :frown: I wonder how many tickets they are allowed to give in pre-sale.

Excited though :biggrin: but rather surprised by only 4 dates around the UK? :s-smilie:
Well, as it's an arena tour, they may be planning for summer festivals for next year?
Most probably, wonder who will be supporting them (hoping for Biffy again but unlikely as arena tour).
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Most probably, wonder who will be supporting them (hoping for Biffy again but unlikely as arena tour).

Biffy would be amazing. One of Muse's bet support acts I feel (generally they have terrible ones. I think they do it on purpose to make Muse seem even more epic than they already are)
Original post by museobsessed
Biffy would be amazing. One of Muse's bet support acts I feel (generally they have terrible ones. I think they do it on purpose to make Muse seem even more epic than they already are)

cough*the big pink*cough:tongue:

That reminds me of Tim Shaw on Kerrang radio (anyone remember Tim Shaw's Asylum?) he used to do this feature where he would play a reaaaallllly crap song and then play a proper one, so you'd appreciate it more.
Biffy were amazing :sogood:

I have no clue who would support them this year. :holmes:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
cough*the big pink*cough:tongue:

That reminds me of Tim Shaw on Kerrang radio (anyone remember Tim Shaw's Asylum?) he used to do this feature where he would play a reaaaallllly crap song and then play a proper one, so you'd appreciate it more.

the noisettes, elbow... the list goes on
Applied for tickets so fingers crossed! Agreed about support acts (apart from Biffy. And saw kasabian ages ago at Marlay park Dublin way back in 2008, who were okay!) Would be my 6th time :')

You what? Elbow are brilliant live!

My friend's gone for the 27th as well. Fingers crossed!

(I've calmed down a bit now after seeing the trailer, btw. I still think the album will be on a par with The Resistance based on the trailer, but I'm coming to accept that they're no longer the Muse I love. Just so long as they show us glimpses of brilliance (the odd brilliant album tracks, pissing about on Italian TV, playing OoS live) then I'll be happy enough.)
It does annoy me how with the pre-booking thing you don't find out whether you've got tickets until after the deadline, cause that means you have to enter the throng on general sale day. Also annoying is the 4-ticket limit, as I want to go with 4 friends - multiple applications opens the possibility that one of us may be left behind...
I've applied for Glasgow.
This would be my 5th time seeing them.
Turns out my brother and a couple of his mates are going to Glasgow so as I've got no money my brothers agreed to pay for mine and I can pay him back when I actually have some money. Bit annoying in the fact that I'll be living in London in October, but screw it - I'll be seeing Muse live!
Original post by JohnnySPal
You what? Elbow are brilliant live!

My friend's gone for the 27th as well. Fingers crossed!

(I've calmed down a bit now after seeing the trailer, btw. I still think the album will be on a par with The Resistance based on the trailer, but I'm coming to accept that they're no longer the Muse I love. Just so long as they show us glimpses of brilliance (the odd brilliant album tracks, pissing about on Italian TV, playing OoS live) then I'll be happy enough.)

no! they were the most boring band I have ever seen live. that was my first Muse concert in 2003

I'm excited we all seem to be going to see them :biggrin:
Original post by neillya1
I hope this is real :awesome:

Been removed :frown: was it just me, or did muse.mu go proper radiohead a month ago? I think it might have been april fools or something, but all the muse words were replaced by radiohead :s-smilie: so confusing.

Well I hope they have a fewer number of support bands... who have a shorter play list. Ah I still remember Wembley when Muse began with uprising and it started to rain. That was incredible :smile: so looking forward to Autumn 2012 :biggrin: it's going to be amazing.
Also I hope they have a golden circle or something similar this time, quite like having my ribs intact after the concert without having 3000 people or so push forward at the same time like the stadium tour. Gosh imagine the rush for the golden circle at London saturday :frown: want.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest