The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Braveheart actually comes close. It's Pixar's new film (about a princess surprisingly enough):

Ah right, I saw the trailer for that a long time ago! :eek: It's still not out? Although I think I'm going to wait for the DVD to come out :p:

Also, SOOOOOOO excited for The Dark Knight Rises! It's going to be AMAZING! Hoping to book tickets to the imax as soon as they're available :colondollar:
Original post by Revent
Ah right, I saw the trailer for that a long time ago! :eek: It's still not out? Although I think I'm going to wait for the DVD to come out :p:

Also, SOOOOOOO excited for The Dark Knight Rises! It's going to be AMAZING! Hoping to book tickets to the imax as soon as they're available :colondollar:

Yeah, I adore Pixar films but I don't think my friends share my enthusiasm for animated films.

Yes, it's certainly looking that way. Not to mention the soundtrack: I'm loving Zimmer's music in the third trailer and the MTV trailer.

I'm pretty jealous. I've never seen a film in IMAX. :ashamed2: I hear The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are the perfect experience for it. A couple of cinemas are also doing a marathon of the previous two films.
Reply 6602
Yeah, I adore Pixar films but I don't think my friends share my enthusiasm for animated films.

Yes, it's certainly looking that way. Not to mention the soundtrack: I'm loving Zimmer's music in the third trailer and the MTV trailer.

I'm pretty jealous. I've never seen a film in IMAX. :ashamed2: I hear The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are the perfect experience for it. A couple of cinemas are also doing a marathon of the previous two films.

Hehe, same here :p: Although I've seen Kung Fu Panda 2 and the likes at the cinemas with friends :laugh: This one looks different so not too keen on it haha.

I know :love: I am SOO hyped for this film! I've got my cousins (4 years and 2 years) addicted to TDK and EVERY time they come over, they ask me to put it on, so I've seen this movie at least 50 times now :p: Well, this will be my first time watching a film at the imax :lol: Yeah, which is why I'm DYING for 20th of July :biggrin: Yeah, I went to one of those marathons already :colondollar: It was at the prince charles cinema at Leicester square if you're from around London :smile: They do a lot of nice films
Braveheart actually comes close. It's Pixar's new film (about a princess surprisingly enough):

Brave looks awesome, actually. Billy Connolly :love:
Reply 6605
Andrew Garfield looks set to bag a Tony, if anyone's interested. So does Phillip Seymour-Hoffman, but that's hardly surprising. :p:
Original post by Revent

I have been checking their website pretty much every day for over a month now waiting for tickets to be released.
Reply 6607
Original post by Phalanges
I have been checking their website pretty much every day for over a month now waiting for tickets to be released.

Glad to see I'm not the only one :colondollar: It is going to be SO amazing! Plus, since all of my friends are going on holiday whilst I have to work, I do deserve an IMAX treat :p:
AVENGERS. O-O That is all.

Also... THE HOBBIT - An Unexpected Journey. The shire can't handle me! I can not wait.
Original post by Revent
Glad to see I'm not the only one :colondollar: It is going to be SO amazing! Plus, since all of my friends are going on holiday whilst I have to work, I do deserve an IMAX treat :p:

I ended up with second row seats for The Dark Knight which weren't great (not awful by any means, but nowhere near as good as sitting towards the back). Plus I'm only going to be in London for the first day it's released, so I'm determined to try and get tickets as soon as they're on sale because I know it's going to sell out like crazy.

Secretly I'm hoping for them to marathon Begins and TDK before a midnight screening of TDKR, like they sometimes do with The Lord of the Rings. I would happily pay £30 for tickets to that.

The initial reaction would be one of facepalming. But there could be two successful approaches: a documentary style approach or a dramatisation. There are films that have dramatised events (with comedic elements) of people trying to beat high scores or achieve something record-breaking - that have worked well. If they could track a select interesting few and go through the run up/practice/story of their breakthrough, it could work. Maybe have a huge montage at the end, it could serve as quite an inspiring film. That's the optimistic outlook. Aaron Sorkin would do well if he was on board.

They are also making a Monopoly film. **** that. :creep:

Secretly I'm hoping for them to marathon Begins and TDK before a midnight screening of TDKR, like they sometimes do with The Lord of the Rings. I would happily pay £30 for tickets to that.

Mind the possible DVT diagnosis though.

Tickets go on sale at midnight tonight, I think.
Reply 6612
I ended up with second row seats for The Dark Knight which weren't great (not awful by any means, but nowhere near as good as sitting towards the back). Plus I'm only going to be in London for the first day it's released, so I'm determined to try and get tickets as soon as they're on sale because I know it's going to sell out like crazy.

Ouch! That must have killed your eyes; being that close to the screen! :eek:
Ah right, so it's more like going to be booking by the minute :p:
http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_imax/coming_soon/the_dark_knight_rises_the_imax_experience
11th of June :colone: Tomrrow :eek: Going to have a exam tomorrow, but there is NO way I am not going to book the tickets tonight :p: :laugh:

Batman Begins, TDK AND TDKR is going to be insane! I was at the cinema for five hours at the marathon of the first two :eek:
Mind the possible DVT diagnosis though.

Heh, I was looking at thromboses in cadavers just on Thursday. It's not a particularly big worry of mine right now. :p:
Original post by JessicaW
Tickets go on sale at midnight tonight, I think.

Original post by Revent
Ouch! That must have killed your eyes; being that close to the screen! :eek:
Ah right, so it's more like going to be booking by the minute :p:
http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_imax/coming_soon/the_dark_knight_rises_the_imax_experience
11th of June :colone: Tomrrow :eek: Going to have a exam tomorrow, but there is NO way I am not going to book the tickets tonight :p: :laugh:

Batman Begins, TDK AND TDKR is going to be insane! I was at the cinema for five hours at the marathon of the first two :eek:

Thanks guys, I wouldn't have known otherwise! Definitely going to be hanging around at midnight for them then!

It's not too bad actually - I don't know if you've been to the IMAX before, but they don't have too many seats (certainly not as many as they could) and they're all set a decent amount away from the screen. It wasn't so much an issue of being too close, but as I was right at the side everything had a bit of a distorted view. It still looked great though!
Heh, I was looking at thromboses in cadavers just on Thursday. It's not a particularly big worry of mine right now. :p:

Me too :eek: Although it was more to do with pulmonary embolisms.

don't take any hrt or oestrogen based contraception though, just in case
Reply 6617
Thanks guys, I wouldn't have known otherwise! Definitely going to be hanging around at midnight for them then!

It's not too bad actually - I don't know if you've been to the IMAX before, but they don't have too many seats (certainly not as many as they could) and they're all set a decent amount away from the screen. It wasn't so much an issue of being too close, but as I was right at the side everything had a bit of a distorted view. It still looked great though!

Ah okay, that's not AS bad then :p: I'm hoping to buy 6 VIP seats :laugh: Going to cost me an arm and a leg :eek: So excited!!! :biggrin: :woo: Can't wait for exams to be over. It's the only thing I have to look forward to this whole summer :colondollar: /nolife
Reply 6618
I think it's about time I got in to this Batman malarkey. I've only ever seen Batman Returns which I don't think will help at all in my understanding of TDKR!

What do I have to watch? Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?
Reply 6619
Original post by aja89
I think it's about time I got in to this Batman malarkey. I've only ever seen Batman Returns which I don't think will help at all in my understanding of TDKR!

What do I have to watch? Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

Yup :biggrin: It really is worth a watch :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest