The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

What sort of things should I expect? The only concert that I've ever been to was Roger Waters last year at the MEN arena, that was pretty spectacular...
Original post by jerseymackem
What sort of things should I expect? The only concert that I've ever been to was Roger Waters last year at the MEN arena, that was pretty spectacular...

Inflatable aliens for a start...
Original post by museobsessed
no! they were the most boring band I have ever seen live. that was my first Muse concert in 2003

I'm excited we all seem to be going to see them :biggrin:

They were ace at Leeds, where they also (kind of) supported Muse. Their set completely upstaged the second half (i.e. Post OoS) of Muse's set.

Are we all seeing them? Have they announced who got tickets? Should I be chasing my friend?

Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Been removed :frown: was it just me, or did muse.mu go proper radiohead a month ago? I think it might have been april fools or something, but all the muse words were replaced by radiohead :s-smilie: so confusing.

Well I hope they have a fewer number of support bands... who have a shorter play list. Ah I still remember Wembley when Muse began with uprising and it started to rain. That was incredible :smile: so looking forward to Autumn 2012 :biggrin: it's going to be amazing.

Hah did they really? I'd love to see some screenshots of that!

Uprising in the rain was indeed amazing. One of my best ever concert moments! I kinda wished it had carried on.

Raniest Muse gig I've been to was Leeds fest last year, though. The whole site was a mudfest by the end of the first day. Yummy.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Been removed :frown: was it just me, or did muse.mu go proper radiohead a month ago? I think it might have been april fools or something, but all the muse words were replaced by radiohead :s-smilie: so confusing.

yeah that was april fools. amusing though :biggrin:
Original post by JohnnySPal
They were ace at Leeds, where they also (kind of) supported Muse. Their set completely upstaged the second half (i.e. Post OoS) of Muse's set.

Are we all seeing them? Have they announced who got tickets? Should I be chasing my friend?

they won't announce who has tickets until the 13th I thought. I've not found out if I got mine yet
Saw them a year ago live at Wembley ( or was it two years ago?)
Love, love, love this group and hopefully off to see them for the third time in November. Tidmouth 2009- AMAZING!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Howdiedoodee
Love, love, love this group and hopefully off to see them for the third time in November. Tidmouth 2009- AMAZING!!

holy **** was Tinmouth really 2009! **** the time has flown. That was an epic gig
holy **** was Tinmouth really 2009! **** the time has flown. That was an epic gig

*Teignmouth

:tongue:
Hopefully I will be going to see them in October. Fingers crossed I can get tickets for some friends and myself. :biggrin:
Original post by Stray_talk
*Teignmouth

:tongue:

haha i've conditioned myself to remember how to pronounce it correctly so much that I forgot how its spelt! and when I was correcting someone. FAIL
I got tickets!!!
Original post by Popppppy
I got tickets!!!

i've not had my e-mail. does that mean i've not got them?! *musey panic*
I don't like this lottery BS, at least with the regular presales you felt as if there was an element of it within your control. In the 8 times I've seen them before I never failed to get tickets, but looks like I have now, pffft.

I'll console myself with the fact they are well past their prime in terms of live shows.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rich2606
I don't like this lottery BS, at least with the regular presales you felt as if there was an element of it within your control. In the 8 times I've seen them before I never failed to get tickets, but looks like I have now, pffft.

I'll console myself with the fact they are well past their prime in terms of live shows.

LOL what?!
LOL what?!

They peaked in the Origin and Absolution days, since then they've been more reliant on special effects and the stage production than their actual performance.
Original post by rich2606
They peaked in the Origin and Absolution days, since then they've been more reliant on special effects and the stage production than their actual performance.

lol OK. more front row awesomeness for me then
i've not had my e-mail. does that mean i've not got them?! *musey panic*

My friend's came through about 30 mins after mine. I assume there are a lot to go out so they will take their time. Don't panic!
Original post by Popppppy
My friend's came through about 30 mins after mine. I assume there are a lot to go out so they will take their time. Don't panic!

nope. still not got mine
Just got my email through :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest