Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Anyone at Cayley?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Has anybody been or heard of anybody thats went into twin shared accomodation ?

Im unsure what to do as one hand it could be great depending on the person your with but on the other hand it could be terrible if you didnt get on with the person !

Also does anyone know if you dont get on with the other person can you move accomodation ?

Thanks ! :smile:
Original post by scampiandchipsrock
im in village court for next year :smile: im in the same boat, i dont know anything about it D:
but really excited after applying this morning!

I'm the same too! Village Court, but absolutely no idea with anything about it :tongue: hopefully gonna go back down to lufbra and check it out and ask about it after exams.

It looks really nice though! Good area too. Only slightly worried that the social committee might not be very good considering it's new this year so not sure how social aspect is gonna go down :tongue:

At least it's mega cheap so I don't have to save a too crazy nest egg this summer!
Original post by sophiered
I'm the same too! Village Court, but absolutely no idea with anything about it :tongue: hopefully gonna go back down to lufbra and check it out and ask about it after exams.

It looks really nice though! Good area too. Only slightly worried that the social committee might not be very good considering it's new this year so not sure how social aspect is gonna go down :tongue:

At least it's mega cheap so I don't have to save a too crazy nest egg this summer!

does look pretty in the few pictures they have on the site! hmm maybe they'l have the falk egg commitee taking over or something? since its 'on tour', just a thought though! im sure it'l be fine though, filled with crazy flat parties and such, well thats what i have in mind :tongue:

cheap accomodation means we'l have more money to spend on alcohol and other crap aha
Original post by scampiandchipsrock
does look pretty in the few pictures they have on the site! hmm maybe they'l have the falk egg commitee taking over or something? since its 'on tour', just a thought though! im sure it'l be fine though, filled with crazy flat parties and such, well thats what i have in mind :tongue:

cheap accomodation means we'l have more money to spend on alcohol and other crap aha

Haha exactly, cheap halls are fun halls anyway :tongue: buy some aldi wine and we can all have great bant about how our hall is in some sort of accommodation void.
Original post by sophiered

if you do go look, let us know what it's like? I'm so curious! Socially, I'm hoping the the whole 'on tour' thing might bring everyone together? Fingers crossed!
Original post by Doodlepip
if you do go look, let us know what it's like? I'm so curious! Socially, I'm hoping the the whole 'on tour' thing might bring everyone together? Fingers crossed!

I found some pictures here earlier that are apparently of "similar accommodation" :smile: Don't read too much into the "on tour" thing, that's just their way of saying that hall isn't using it's normal buildings that year for whatever reason, usually because they're being refurbished.
Original post by Doodlepip

Okie dokie! :smile: Hopefully I'll go sometime next week and I'll take some pictures for other curious Falk-Eggers. But it looks very nice from what I've seen around the website etc.
Reply 1308
Original post by lubo93
i too reserved a room in royce hall and i don't think it was the wrong decision just waiting for my test results for confirmation :smile: See ya there :smile:

I reserved a rooom here too, you are the only two people I have found who have! :smile: if student room wasnt so open we could exchange facebook names! xx
Reply 1309
Original post by _ERH
I reserved a rooom here too, you are the only two people I have found who have! :smile: if student room wasnt so open we could exchange facebook names! xx

There is a think called private message here on TSR :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi, I'm confused about how to pay the room bond as it says something about paying it within 8 days of recieving your B***** number but I don't know if I have one...?
Has anyone else had touble paying their room bond?
Original post by Hackett23
Hi, I'm confused about how to pay the room bond as it says something about paying it within 8 days of recieving your B***** number but I don't know if I have one...?
Has anyone else had touble paying their room bond?

Your B number is your student ID number, which you won't get until you've met your offer as they aren't given to applicants, only to current students. You'll get it on or very soon after results day (assuming you meet your offer :tongue:), and you'll have eight days from then to pay the room bond :yes:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Your B number is your student ID number, which you won't get until you've met your offer as they aren't given to applicants, only to current students. You'll get it on or very soon after results day (assuming you meet your offer :tongue:), and you'll have eight days from then to pay the room bond :yes:

Thanks for clearing that up, I've been confused as to what to do :smile:
Original post by Juanitor
Well, I almost crapped myself , but I managed to get my standard Harry French room :smile:

^ This was pretty applicable to me. Logged in at 8:59:02, the screen was blank, a pang of fear set in, I returned to the homepage, logged in again at 8:59:31, and there were *all* the options waiting to be chosen :3

Thanks a bunch, all, hope you had good luck in getting your desired rooms, and touchwood I'll to see you there :smile:

I got the standard Harry French too :smile: I nearly died of a heart attack in the process though...I was sat outside a campsite bar in France in torrential rain, trying to prevent my laptop from drowning before I booked my room :tongue: It didn't help that it was pretty slow (don't know if that was because of all the other people logging in or the Wi-Fi connection), but I think all the options were there when I got on.

Got my first choice, though :smile: Did you say you're doing art foundation? I'm doing fine art :smile:

Has anyone else got Harry French?
Original post by Village Whisper
I got the standard Harry French too :smile: I nearly died of a heart attack in the process though...I was sat outside a campsite bar in France in torrential rain, trying to prevent my laptop from drowning before I booked my room :tongue: It didn't help that it was pretty slow (don't know if that was because of all the other people logging in or the Wi-Fi connection), but I think all the options were there when I got on.

Got my first choice, though :smile: Did you say you're doing art foundation? I'm doing fine art :smile:

Has anyone else got Harry French?

Haha, sounds like you had a (successful) adventure :P Guess I'll see you there!

And yeah, I'm taking foundation art :smile: Is this your first year, or did you take foundation at lboro/elsewhere beforehand?
Haha, sounds like you had a (successful) adventure :P Guess I'll see you there!

And yeah, I'm taking foundation art :smile: Is this your first year, or did you take foundation at lboro/elsewhere beforehand?

I guess so :smile: We'll have to find that short-cut to the art department that someone mentioned earlier, not that it's that far anyway.

Yeah, I've just finished my foundation but I did that at a local college, so it'll be my first year :smile:
I guess so :smile: We'll have to find that short-cut to the art department that someone mentioned earlier, not that it's that far anyway.

Yeah, I've just finished my foundation but I did that at a local college, so it'll be my first year :smile:

I had a brief look on google maps :P I think that short-cut would work if you're living on the South side of the road, in the buildings away from the main hall site. Guess it's a chance thing whether you'd actually need it.

And it was probably a good idea to take foundation locally; a hell of alot cheaper, I'd imagine :s-smilie:
I had a brief look on google maps :P I think that short-cut would work if you're living on the South side of the road, in the buildings away from the main hall site. Guess it's a chance thing whether you'd actually need it.

And it was probably a good idea to take foundation locally; a hell of alot cheaper, I'd imagine :s-smilie:

Oh yeah, I guess there must be quite a few different buildings considering all the different room types. We'll just have to see when we get there, then :smile: It's way closer than the halls in the village area, anyway.

Yep, it was :tongue: Well, for me anyway, but I guess my parents had to pay for me to live at home for another year. I wouldn't have liked to pay for accommodation without a loan, though. Still, Loughborough is probably a million times better than my college was, so maybe it's worth it. Do you think you'll stay for a degree there after?
Oh yeah, I guess there must be quite a few different buildings considering all the different room types. We'll just have to see when we get there, then :smile: It's way closer than the halls in the village area, anyway.

Yep, it was :tongue: Well, for me anyway, but I guess my parents had to pay for me to live at home for another year. I wouldn't have liked to pay for accommodation without a loan, though. Still, Loughborough is probably a million times better than my college was, so maybe it's worth it. Do you think you'll stay for a degree there after?

I've been considering it... obviously the post-foundation progression system of theirs would make it alot more convenient. I guess it depends on how well I settle into the place, and which degree I settle on choosing, although I think the place sounds great already, and it *is* a good uni for a number of courses I might be interested in. I'd need to start applying quite quickly to other unis too, if I wanted to progress on to somewhere else next October...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there's a large chance I'll end up sticking around Lboro, hehe.
I've been considering it... obviously the post-foundation progression system of theirs would make it alot more convenient. I guess it depends on how well I settle into the place, and which degree I settle on choosing, although I think the place sounds great already, and it *is* a good uni for a number of courses I might be interested in. I'd need to start applying quite quickly to other unis too, if I wanted to progress on to somewhere else next October...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there's a large chance I'll end up sticking around Lboro, hehe.

Well, I'm sure you wouldn't be alone if you did decide to stick around, considering well over half of the people at the post-offers day I went to were from the foundation course! I'm sure that couldn't have been all of the people on my course since there were only around 30 of us, but I was really surprised at how many of them were already there. Hopefully it won't be problem with people already knowing each other in October...As long as they're all nice :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending