The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6000
I usually waited around 1-2 weeks I think. Totally second what Juno said though, I wore earskins at one festival I'd been to and my ears were so sore. Mind you, they were sore the time I wore glass too...I think tbh I just forgot how much they actually got cleaned in the shower, and with no shower from Wednesday to Monday I guess I just neglected them haha. I think I'd take a little bottle of saline and some cotton pads if I went to a festival again just to make sure they were kept clean. It was like all the dust at Reading got caught between the earskin and my ear >.<
Reply 6001
Hello - need some advice please!
Got my cartilage pierced about 10 days ago but I've just got a summer job that is really strict on presentation so my question is, is there any way to hide it? I looked online and saw these plastic bioflex bar things - would that work?
I know I probably shouldn't change the earring so soon but am willing to do so if it means I don't have to take it out and leave it to close up!
obviously a job is more important than a piercing so if there is no other way, I'll take it out, but hopefully this is a last resort
Any advice would be much appreciated
Original post by Zara_R
Got my cartilage pierced about 10 days ago but I've just got a summer job that is really strict on presentation so my question is, is there any way to hide it? I looked online and saw these plastic bioflex bar things - would that work?
I know I probably shouldn't change the earring so soon but am willing to do so if it means I don't have to take it out and leave it to close up!
obviously a job is more important than a piercing so if there is no other way, I'll take it out, but hopefully this is a last resort

Surely you can hide it with some loose hair? Really wouldn't recommend changing piercings so soon, especially where you have yours as they are usually a pain to heal in the first place with knocking etc. Is there a dress code you can consult?
Original post by Zara_R

It will hide it to an extent, I'd ask a piercer to change it for you though rather than doing it yourself.
Reply 6004
Can't use my hair as hair must be tied back - may have a wander round camden tomorrow to see if anyone will change it for me. thanks for the advice!
Original post by Zara_R
Can't use my hair as hair must be tied back - may have a wander round camden tomorrow to see if anyone will change it for me. thanks for the advice!

You can tie your hair back so it covers the top of your ears still :yep:
Original post by Kate.
I usually waited around 1-2 weeks I think. Totally second what Juno said though, I wore earskins at one festival I'd been to and my ears were so sore. Mind you, they were sore the time I wore glass too...I think tbh I just forgot how much they actually got cleaned in the shower, and with no shower from Wednesday to Monday I guess I just neglected them haha. I think I'd take a little bottle of saline and some cotton pads if I went to a festival again just to make sure they were kept clean. It was like all the dust at Reading got caught between the earskin and my ear >.<

Baby wipes are good for quick spot cleans of gunky ears! :smile:
I wear an earskin all the time and my ear is fine, even when I only washed my hair once every couple of weeks when I had dreads.
Reply 6008
Hello!

I'm considering getting a nape microdermal piercing, can anyone recommend a place in London to get it done and what the cost would be?
(edited 11 years ago)
New piercings :gah:

Spoiler

Soo um, I was wondering how badly getting your septum pierced hurts?

I'm not so worried about the pain OF the piercing, you know? More like the pain afterwards.
:smile:
Original post by KlaireDelilah
Soo um, I was wondering how badly getting your septum pierced hurts?

I'm not so worried about the pain OF the piercing, you know? More like the pain afterwards.
:smile:

For about a week it stings pretty badly as you will get boogers and crusties forming on the bar and then will pull through your nose by accident. After that though I haven't had a problem. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Trigger
For about a week it stings pretty badly as you will get boogers and crusties forming on the bar and then will pull through your nose by accident. After that though I haven't had a problem. Hope that helps :smile:

I've had my nose pierced both sides, more than once. Would you say it's similar to that?
I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to pain, but I do like getting pierced haha.
I've had my nose pierced both sides, more than once. Would you say it's similar to that?
I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to pain, but I do like getting pierced haha.

Depends on how you had the nostril pierced. The worst piercings for pain I ever had were my nose and the septum is a walk in the park after that. Seriously the actual piercing is fine, it's the stinging afterwards that gets you. Samr sensation of getting something in a papercut.
Original post by Trigger
Depends on how you had the nostril pierced. The worst piercings for pain I ever had were my nose and the septum is a walk in the park after that. Seriously the actual piercing is fine, it's the stinging afterwards that gets you. Samr sensation of getting something in a papercut.

I had my nose done with a gun.

Thank you! I'll have a think about it - my friends are trying to convince me not to get it done, but I think i'd really like it.
I had my nose done with a gun.

Thank you! I'll have a think about it - my friends are trying to convince me not to get it done, but I think i'd really like it.

Please don't ever do that again.
Original post by Trigger
Please don't ever do that again.

I wouldn't!

I was quite young each time I got it done, and didn't really know anything about piercings. I also got my cartilage pierced with a gun about 7 years ago, and it never healed properly. I still have the hole there, but I can't wear anything in it, because it starts to kill after an hour or so.
Fully regret the guns :frown:
I wouldn't!

I was quite young each time I got it done, and didn't really know anything about piercings. I also got my cartilage pierced with a gun about 7 years ago, and it never healed properly. I still have the hole there, but I can't wear anything in it, because it starts to kill after an hour or so.
Fully regret the guns :frown:

Good girl!

Thing with septums is that they are super easy to hide so are by far one of the best piercings to go for if you like the aesthetics but need to hide it.
I fancy another piercing for my ear, I want something on my right that'll go with a tragus (don't think a rook is an option as I don't think mine could be pierced.

Any suggestions :smile:
Reply 6019
Original post by Mega Nerd
I fancy another piercing for my ear, I want something on my right that'll go with a tragus (don't think a rook is an option as I don't think mine could be pierced.

Any suggestions :smile:

A helix piercing would look good with a tragus, just make sure you get it where the ear curves and not right on the top or side

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending