Original post by TheMagicMan
2+6+282+6+2 \not= 8.

I hope addition wasn't one of the things tested :tongue:

Oh dear :sigh: I've imagined more exams then I actually did :sigh:

I hate exams :sadnod:
Original post by cpdavis
Oh dear :sigh: I've imagined more exams then I actually did :sigh:

I hate exams :sadnod:

You better hope the two you made up were the ones that went badly rather than the ones that went well :wink:
You better hope the two you made up were the ones that went badly rather than the ones that went well :wink:

Probably easier to list :tongue:

Abstract Algebra - Alright
Numbers and functions - Well
Geometry - Alright
Calculus - Horrible
Stats - Horrible
Astrophysics 1 - Well
Linear Methods - Alright
Dynamical Systems - Alright

So 2 Well, 4 alright, and 2 bad. FML so much :colonhash:

Results on the 6th July :eek:

How have exams gone so far?
2+6+282+6+2 \not= 8.

I hope addition wasn't one of the things tested :tongue:

In a fourth year exam I actually wrote 2+2=5. I could never look the lecturer in the eye. That beauty cost me getting 100% on that paper, sigh
Original post by cpdavis

How have exams gone so far?

Fine I suppose. I've only had Greek so far and that was the one I wanted to get out of the way :wink:
Original post by cpdavis

Astrophysics

What sort of stuff do you do?
I'm really looking forward to this sort of stuff i.e. cosmology, GR etc
Original post by ben-smith
What sort of stuff do you do?
I'm really looking forward to this sort of stuff i.e. cosmology, GR etc

Well this year, we focused on stuff that is predominately within our Solar System. So this was a lot of planet movement and orbits, the build up of stars, the working of the telescope :yuck:. Next year it gets more interesting as we look at more cosmology and stuff that I find more interesting (cluster of galaxies, dark matter etc.) I'm hoping that in my third year I would be able to do a particular course at UCL called "Physical Cosmology" :love: I'm also taking some modules in my third year, one of them being "Space-Time Geometry and General Relativity" or "Cosmology and General Relativity" (depending which one I get accepted onto)

Astrophysics and cosmology gets so cool :awesome:

Fine I suppose. I've only had Greek so far and that was the one I wanted to get out of the way :wink:

Thats good to hear :smile:
This week and next week are gonna be bad :<
Triple exam clash on Thursday which includes Philosophy Implications and FP3 and C4. Wahhh.
Then next Thursday I have a clash of M2 and an S2 resit (of which I initially got 60/100.. how awful)

I'll struggle to not get an A* in Maths now, but I still need two more 90s in either M2, S2 or FP3 (already got a 90 in D2 last year :biggrin: ) to get the A* in F Maths.

And then I don't even wanna talk about STEP/AEA papers...
Original post by CiaraLou13
Triple exam clash on Thursday which includes Philosophy Implications and FP3 and C4. Wahhh.
Then next Thursday I have a clash of M2 and an S2 resit (of which I initially got 60/100.. how awful)

I'll struggle to not get an A* in Maths now, but I still need two more 90s in either M2, S2 or FP3 (already got a 90 in D2 last year :biggrin: ) to get the A* in F Maths.

Yay I'll be doing the M2/S2 together as well, fun times.
My plan is to 100 FP3 to get the A* in FM.

Good luck with the triple clash. :smile:
Next week is bad here for poor eldest son. Monday STEP I, Wednesday STEP II and his 18th birthday, Thursday M3 and Friday S2 and M4 back to back in the afternoon. Friday evening is heading to Belfast with a pile of friends for the weekend which I'm sure will be a calm and sensible occasion!
Original post by CiaraLou13

Oh goodness! 3 exams on one day! What are you going to do?
Bah! There are still maths exam clashes? That is insane. At least the exams are only 90 minutes long. I seem to remember a bizarre clash of P1 and P3 (so C1 and C3/4), but surely there's a better way to schedule to further minimise clashes :-/

Good luck all. I hear some of the mechanics has been awful...
Original post by shamika
Bah! There are still maths exam clashes? That is insane. At least the exams are only 90 minutes long. I seem to remember a bizarre clash of P1 and P3 (so C1 and C3/4), but surely there's a better way to schedule to further minimise clashes :-/

Good luck all. I hear some of the mechanics has been awful...

The boards agree on 9 half day sessions for Maths exams. There will therefore generally be 2 exams per session. How the individual boards schedule their exams within those sessions is up to them. Edexcel largely do it by putting an AS module with an A2 module and a single A level module with a FM module, but this doesn't suit everybody, especially if they are doing resits.
I've got M5 and FP3 clashing :frown:

That's just ridiculous! Surely nearly everyone taking M5 is also taking FP3?
Original post by shamika
That's just ridiculous! Surely nearly everyone taking M5 is also taking FP3?

Maybe. If you are one of the 250 or so candidates worldwide taking M5, you are wither not doing any Statistics modules or not doing both of FP2 and FP3.
250 take M5? Don't know whether that's a tiny amount or not... do you have the stats for the other modules?

This seems to happen every year. Talk about a stupid clash.

OCR had Latin and Greek GCSE at the same time this year :confused:
Original post by shamika
250 take M5? Don't know whether that's a tiny amount or not... do you have the stats for the other modules?

I think about 80000 people take a level maths.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Maybe. If you are one of the 250 or so candidates worldwide taking M5, you are wither not doing any Statistics modules or not doing both of FP2 and FP3.

Not necessarily as quite a few are probably doing additional further maths

Latest