The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

IELTS requirement for Imperial

Hi there,
I'm international student and didn't do GCSE English, so IELTS overall 6.5 including all components above 6.5 is required in my conditional offer.
I'm going to take IELTS again(have done twice before:frown:) on 16th(annoyingly between Alevels), and it's the last take I can have.
I wonder if there is any cases that the IELTS requirement is not achieved but Imperial still accept the applicant, or any chance to postpone the deadline of submiting IELTS scores?
Well i'm not confident to get every single component above band 6.5..
Thanks!
Reply 1
does anyone have any idea:frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I don't think so.. I'm in the same position as you and I've got mine on 30th june and i've also booked tofel before just in case :smile:
Reply 3
Isn't it 6.0 in every band score?
I guess if you don't reach every single one and don't miss it by.. let's say 2 points.. you should still have a chance for getting accepted. I've heard about people who didn't reach it who got accepted after they promised to take an English course.
Reply 4
Original post by singh224
I don't think so.. I'm in the same position as you and I've got mine on 30th june and i've also booked tofel before just in case :smile:

I am getting my result on 30th :frown:
But in the offer letter it says i have to take ielts, it doesnt say they accept tofel..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by itsmi
Isn't it 6.0 in every band score?
I guess if you don't reach every single one and don't miss it by.. let's say 2 points.. you should still have a chance for getting accepted. I've heard about people who didn't reach it who got accepted after they promised to take an English course.

No the offer is everything more than 6.5 :frown:
But how did they do in alevel and what score did they get in ielts?

Reply 6
Original post by lightray
I am getting my result on 30th :frown:
But in the offer letter it says i have to take ielts, it doesnt say they accept tofel..

I'm asked to provide the result on 25th july also I was just told to meet the english requirement which include many different tests and a list is on their website.
Reply 7
Original post by singh224
I'm asked to provide the result on 25th july also I was just told to meet the english requirement which include many different tests and a list is on their website.

Oh dear, ielts is the only one i can take according to the offer,
Are you international too? What course are you doing?

Reply 8
Oh dear, ielts is the only one i can take according to the offer,
Are you international too? What course are you doing?

I've been living in this country for 8 years so I'm not considered international student but I only achieved a C in english GCSE so they want me to do IELETS or similar course for english requirement.

I'm doing EEE
Reply 9
No the offer is everything more than 6.5 :frown:
But how did they do in alevel and what score did they get in ielts?

Ok.. that's probably the difference between Under- and Postgrad. Sorry, I have no idea about the application in general of them.
Reply 10
I see. Hope to see you at imperial! :smile:
I'm doing Maths

Reply 11
Original post by itsmi
Ok.. that's probably the difference between Under- and Postgrad. Sorry, I have no idea about the application in general of them.

Ah not good!

Quick Reply

Latest