The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1601518

That's about as stock as you can get on the S II, but why not CM9?

That is very tempting :-/

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:
Too much blue. You're going to get a lot of burn-in with those stock colours.
Reply 7622
Original post by und
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1601518

That's about as stock as you can get on the S II, but why not CM9?

Thanks, I glanced over that, but might try it later. I don't really like customisation, it feels a bit cheap to me...

Anyway, will also PM you soon about another matter :smile:
Original post by shmuxel
I don't really like customisation, it feels a bit cheap to me...

???
Reply 7624
Original post by + polarity -
???

I know that sounds stupid :P

It's just that often the customisations look like they've been clearly added onto the user interface, rather then blending seamlessly into it. They look disjointed and rather odd often. I tend to steer clear off them, although CM9 looks alright...
Original post by jamesmor1
I think it looks pretty sucky IMO, I don't like the mascot, think I'll stick to Symbian

Lol, how times have changed since 2009.
Original post by shmuxel
I know that sounds stupid :P

It's just that often the customisations look like they've been clearly added onto the user interface, rather then blending seamlessly into it. They look disjointed and rather odd often. I tend to steer clear off them, although CM9 looks alright...

I've found that AOKP adds a lot of really well done customisation tbh.
Original post by lohoj
Was the phone network on? Or was it on flight mode?

No idea tbh.
Reply 7628
AOKP or CM9?
Original post by und
AOKP or CM9?

aokp :cool:
Over the past couple of months - I have been unable to beam my phone an app via the play store (play.google.com on PC). I'm running CM9 on SGSII - anyone know an easy solution?

If not I'll have to wipe and go back but I'd like that as a last resort - haven't wiped my phone in a while and not really up to the effort again at the moment.
I liked the cute little Cyano-Andy that came up when I booted. Now I get a really creepy looking Cyano-robot.

Original post by G8D
Auto sync enabled? If so try disabling and reenabling.

That didn't solve it unfortunately :frown:

Just to clarify - I can log in to play.google.com, click install, choose my device and it gives me the message 'This will be installed to your app shortly' and then says 'installed' on play.google.com but it never actually installs.
Reply 7632
Posted this over at XDA.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Original post by olyloh6696
Ok guys,
I'm due an upgrade in August, but I don't know whether to pass out on it.
I currently have a Desire S. It's got quite old hardware, a single core chip. I'm a heavy user of my phone, so it has to do many things for me - web browsing, email, etc.

I can't afford a quad core highend phone. So I'm thinking of getting a One S. It's only dual core... But if I get it, it will have to last me at least 2 years. That's a big decision to make. I've only had my Desire S 11 months, and I already stayed feeling the need to upgrade.
I need a faster CPU to keep up with android demands, and a larger screen.

The thing is, if I get the One S, how outdated will it be?

From what I see, dual core has a huge advantage over single core.

But quad core not so much over dual core... (Or maybe android isn't making good use of it)

What's next for the move in smartphones? 8 cores seems unlikely... So what will be next? If nothing big comes along, will the One S and its dual core chip still be good enough to last me 2 years?

Desire S Fallout V2.0.0 xda premium
Original post by lohoj
Posted this over at XDA.

Advice greatly appreciated.

I've played around with the One S. It's a nice device tbh. Will it still be nice in 2 years time? I doubt it, such is the speed at which the mobile world is going.
Reply 7634
Original post by mikeyd85
I've played around with the One S. It's a nice device tbh. Will it still be nice in 2 years time? I doubt it, such is the speed at which the mobile world is going.

Agreed, I have the onex and ino in 2 years time its gonna be pretty out dated and slow, same thing happened with my desire. But that is the way of the mobile world and you just gotta get on with it.
Original post by johnnn
Agreed, I have the onex and ino in 2 years time its gonna be pretty out dated and slow, same thing happened with my desire. But that is the way of the mobile world and you just gotta get on with it.

I don't think it's that bad - I still have an original Desire and it's not any slower than it was when I got it. :dontknow: Sure it's not going to be able to run 3D games or anything, but it's still decent for everything I use it for. :smile:
Reply 7636
Original post by alex_hk90
I don't think it's that bad - I still have an original Desire and it's not any slower than it was when I got it. :dontknow: Sure it's not going to be able to run 3D games or anything, but it's still decent for everything I use it for. :smile:

I still have an original Desire too, it does exactly what I want it to do and isn't particularly slow. I'll definitely get a HTC phone again. The only problem I have is that I have to charge it every day but that's the problem with all smart phones so it's a small price to pay really.
Has anyone actually used the huawei g300?

How is the build? The interweb reviews seem to suggest its not to shabby, especially for a £100 phone.
The specs seem decent enough for the money too.
How do you recon it compares to the zte blade in terms of spec and quality for the price?
It seems like a great deal to me!

also, NOVA3... :sexface:
Even if it did take me half a bloody day to download it over the ****ty welsh mobile networks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by .gina
I still have an original Desire too, it does exactly what I want it to do and isn't particularly slow. I'll definitely get a HTC phone again. The only problem I have is that I have to charge it every day but that's the problem with all smart phones so it's a small price to pay really.

Agreed. I was looking at the HTC One X but I think I'll wait until the next generation (perhaps around the time when 4G rolls out across the UK).
Should I keep my Desire S or move on to the Galaxy S2??
My parents bought the S2 for dirt cheap but neither of them can use it so it's just sitting infront of me, untouched.

I absolutely love my Desire S because the battery lasts for what feels like forever (in smartphone terms!) :ahee:
Does anyone know roughly how long the Galaxy S2's battery lasts with consistent use? My "consistent use" means that I'm always on internet, Skype and Whatsapp. I also listen to music quite frequently.

The only thing I'm worried about is the battery as I can adapt to everything else.

Latest

Trending

Trending