The Student Room Group

New Spec AQA Biology B1 (Unit 1) Exam: June 12th 2012

Hey Guys! :smile:

How did you all find the exam then?:smile:
In my opinion i thought it was not that bad; I had revised every subject that was in the exam :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

It was pretty easy, Lots of people in my school put 25 percent as an answer for the first question about the drug graph however it should be 75 percent.
Reply 2
yeah, so grade boundaries might be high, cause it was easy
Reply 3
I found it quite hard, harder than the practice papers
and for Q1 I got 25% not 75%
Reply 4
It was definitely 75%, the question was how much pain did they have after 4 hours and the graph said mean pain decrease.

I found it easier than I expected, but I wouldn't exactly call it easy :/

Also I was really annoyed that there was nothing about cloning or reflex arcs, we'd revised them so much in class and there was nothing about it at all.

What did you guys put for the question about adaptations?
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah i should rephrase what i said, i felt that it was easy however there is much room for silly mistakes.
Reply 6
What???

You found that easy? Last years exam was a lot easier, this exam was alright but had some sneaky stuff in it, like the 75%. I will probably get a high mark although I am afraid that the examiner might mark some of it wrong since I probably used some different wording than the marks scheme. Last time I lost some many marks because of the wording but the concept was right. I was about 2 marks of an A* -.- But that was just the teachers fault, he cant mark *facepalm. I hope the examiners will do it properly :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Did ANYONE agree with the pharmacist?
For the adaptations question i talked about how some are camouflaged, cacti have spines and some have warning colours such as bees.
Reply 9
Original post by Alix23
It was definitely 75%, the question was how much pain did they have after 4 hours and the graph said mean pain decrease.

I found it easier than I expected, but I wouldn't exactly call it easy :/

Also I was really annoyed that there was nothing about cloning or reflex arcs, we'd revised them so much in class and there was nothing about it at all.

What did you guys put for the question about adaptations?

Adaptations were alright, for the 6 mark one I put an example about poisonous toad and how they make snake that eat them poisoned. By this less effect was caused on longer snakes so that was also my animal adaptation -.- Although, I only talked about 2 plants and only 1 animal :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by gayboy1231231

Lol I put yes, what did you put? Sometimes on the marks scheme both yes and no are accepted but it needs appropriate reasoning.
Reply 11

No, I thought I was wrong by not though :smile:
Lol I put yes, what did you put? Sometimes on the marks scheme both yes and no are accepted but it needs appropriate reasoning.

I completely flopped this 1 question. I said yes becase x had given the patients instant relief (30min after taking drug) and still left the same amount of people as drug b and a with relief so overall they are similar but x just relieves the patients quicker
Reply 13
Original post by Shad-A
Adaptations were alright, for the 6 mark one I put an example about poisonous toad and how they make snake that eat them poisoned. By this less effect was caused on longer snakes so that was also my animal adaptation -.- Although, I only talked about 2 plants and only 1 animal :frown:

I did camouflage, poison and warning colours and gave an animal and plant example for each, so that should be alright then?
Reply 14
:frown: i though I did ok, but I bet I made loads of silly mistakes. what did you put for the one on biomass/energy transfer? i got 0.6
Reply 15
It was pretty easy, Lots of people in my school put 25 percent as an answer for the first question about the drug graph however it should be 75 percent.

Oh man i put 25%, come to think of it.... maybe it isnt as easy as i had though :L :P
Reply 16
Original post by lizzie9786
:frown: i though I did ok, but I bet I made loads of silly mistakes. what did you put for the one on biomass/energy transfer? i got 0.6

i got 0.625 :s-smilie:.. but many people told me i was wrong
0.6 is correct :smile:
Reply 18
When is the unofficial mark scheme for the test coming?
Reply 19
For the zebra fish one, I had no clue about that so i followed the process of creating insulin; lookign into the chromosone and cutting the required DNA from the jellyfish then putting it into a bacterium cell to reproduce

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending